Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
London should see 16 c 61 f on Sunday and Monday may beat all time record already had warmest day and night records broken last month

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
London should see 16 c 61 f on Sunday and Monday may beat all time record already had warmest day and night records broken last month

You appear to make these statements like you have an understanding of models, to be honest you look at the met office forecast for today and guess. Papa. Yoda and casbom do understand models, they are very patient with you. If it is 13 degrees today it could be -5 in 2 weeks, I find your posts very boring.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You appear to make these statements like you have an understanding of models, to be honest you look at the met office forecast for today and guess. Papa. Yoda and casbom do understand models, they are very patient with you. If it is 13 degrees today it could be -5 in 2 weeks, I find your posts very boring.

What are you talking about ? Sunday and Monday is not 2 weeks ahead is it ?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
To illustrate [MENTION=23494]big gull[/MENTION]y s point perfectly - this mornings GFS ensemble has pretty good agreement temp wise (top line) for about 5 days, and then - all bets are off.

We could have average to mild, or very cold.

View attachment 70236

What has been apparent for a few days now is that the models are toying with a Scandi High.... still not enough support to get excited, but all the same.

Any updates on this papa.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It will be just slightly mild by the end of next week instead of 7 weeks of exceptionally mild, 10 C day 5 C night. Wrap up warm !

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think I have scraped ice off the car windows just twice this winter. Bring on some cold stuff please.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
16 c today reached and will do tomorrow

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So do you want to make a blanket statement for the rest of winter? In your informed opinion how is it going to pan out?
There will be no winter we do not have seasons in the UK anymore just a year of mild and wet the night time minimums this month have been warmer than a lot of nights in July and August that is extraordinary to have nightime minimums of 13 c it has never been seen before and it is every night. Temperatures were 5 f above normal night and day in November which was the second warmest ever and are 11 f above normal so far in december. This is set up as 3 months of sw it will be by far the warmest winter on record

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There will be no winter we do not have seasons in the UK anymore just a year of mild and wet the night time minimums this month have been warmer than a lot of nights in July and August that is extraordinary to have nightime minimums of 13 c it has never been seen before and it is every night. Temperatures were 5 f above normal night and day in November which was the second warmest ever and are 11 f above normal so far in december. This is set up as 3 months of sw it will be by far the warmest winter on record

We had some proper winter with snow only a few years ago, I was convinced (without any scientific reason to believe so :)) that perhaps we were locked into a colder winters but seems not.

But we cannot know but I do recall my son's growing up without any cold of any kind throughout their childhood, 90's early 2000's but they came back with genuine heavy snow in 2010 and I think we had a few of consecutive years where the snowfall was comparable to anything I experienced in the 70's and 80's.

We are always unlikely to get it and I guess thats the point, our weather only delivers snow during an extreme set of meteorological circumstances, so our default position is to miss out, but it doesnt mean it wont and will never happen.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yep I agree. If people want snow then they need to head to Alps. What's the betting Christmas Day will be like today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here