[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Heavy sleet still in Willingdon.

Everywhere around Brighton seems to be gridlocked including Dyke Road, Lewes Road, A23 South of Pyecombe and A27 between Southwick and Lewes.

Best way to travel seems to be the train as for once they are running fine !!

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Snow report from Ringmer. Have just returned from my evening dog walk, and can report that snow is of the light, swirling variety rather than flumptious. It's becoming increasingly sleety, but we've certainly had a welcome top-up. Main road semi-covered, lots of slushy stuff, could be fun in the morning if the temperature drops.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
And also, Friday midnight/Saturday morning there is some potential.
The latest GFS ensembles have us hanging onto cold upper temperatures until Saturday, right at the time where a band of heavy precipitation comes in from the Atlantic. Hmmmmmm.

Another day closer and the threat is still there for Friday night. Let's just pray the Amex is too close to the coast to see any further snow otherwise we could have some issues come Saturday........

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Absolute flurry here in Falmer, been going since about 3pm non stop. Apparently the roads nearby are chaos - DONT EVEN ATTEMPT THEM

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Just read this on twitter

[MENTION=1277]joe[/MENTION]Darch: Just to inform those for saltdean and that 3 people have died in woodingdean my grandad got put in hospital

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Any more reports on woodingdean crash? The only I could find is that there has been an accident in Warren Road and the road is blocked, from Argus site.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

2 1/2 hours to get from Amex to Bexhill road junction with Falmer Road!!! Witnessed total mayhem of people that had no idea how to drive in poor conditions. Laughable at times tbh... Clueless f***ing idiotic twats behind the wheels of their vehicles. :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Woodingdean has been awful this evening. I have seen plenty of blue lights around

A young girl was knocked down by a car causing a lengthy closure of the falmer Road at the junction with Cowley Drove but I have no more details than that at the moment.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A young girl was knocked down by a car causing a lengthy closure of the falmer Road at the junction with Cowley Drove but I have no more details than that at the moment.

Updated: Pedestrian hit by car in Woodingdean From The Argus)

Pedestrian hit by car in Woodingdean

4:45pm Tuesday 22nd January 2013 in News By Ben Parsons

A pedestrian has been hit by a car at a road junction in Woodingdean.

Sussex Police said the accident at about 4.15pm blocked Falmer Road at Cowley Drive.

The pedestrian was described only as "a girl". Officers said she did not suffer life-threatening injuries.

The road was cleared by 5pm.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Took me 4.5 hours to get home to Preston Park from Lewes. Have to say that everyone was brilliant though, no stressing, beeping etc. Hope the rumours about fatalities are unfounded :(

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My partners uncle was helping people on Woodingdean tonight.. and then had a heart attack. Awaiting news of his condition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports