Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just driven up to the top of Salvington Hill ( Honeysuckle Lane) here in worthing. Snowing hard and settling. There is definitely a wetness about the snow up there, but it's a good layer. I was worried got a while about whether I'd be able to get my car out of the car park again, as it was a but dicey; but I'm home back down in sleety Durrington

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just driven up to the top of Salvington Hill ( Honeysuckle Lane) here in worthing. Snowing hard and settling. There is definitely a wetness about the snow up there, but it's a good layer. I was worried got a while about whether I'd be able to get my car out of the car park again, as it was a but dicey; but I'm home back down in sleety Durrington

Papa. You're Fired !!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm supposed to be going to South Wales tomorrow morning, making my assault on the Principality via the M4.

Given that NSC is a far better source of up to date information than anywhere else, would posters in the south west recommend I defer my travel plans, or is it okay at present?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

The precipitation keeps pepping up over the channel, meaning we are getting a constant feed of precip at the moment. Could be some decent snowfall tonight!

Where exactly ? As it doesn't look like anywhere East of Brighton will get anything other than rain.

The weather forecasts seem to have got the Brighton forecast badly wrong, with the rain falling as snow, that said they have it very right here with the rain.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

a27 partially blocked at flamer due to snow according to argus website

edit and because of broken down vehicles

Just driven over to Brighton to meet up with Mrs V and found traffic chaos on the A27. Could not get off at Asda slip road. Drove on in hope of turning round at Falmer but that slip road jammed and not moving. Drove on past Lewes and cut down to Newhaven then along seafront to Brighton then cut up to the race course. All jammed there so had to cut across to lower Elm Grove road.. bloody nightmare. Worthing to Brighton 2 1/2 hours !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saturday's game shouldn't be disrupted by the weather, as it's forecast to warm up from Friday afternoon. Saturday may be wet (esp early and late) but it won't be as cold as it is now.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Heavy sleet in Willingdon, if snow was to lie then it would have to be flumping very heavy - which it could do depending on how the weather moves from Brighton. Very weird how its different within a few miles of places.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Some heavy precipitation heading NW from Eastbourne/Seaford across Lewes then on to Mid Sussex. Come on, FLUMP away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here