Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Typing in Henfield as an example, BBC are now showing heavy snow from 10am to 5pm tomorrow, non stop light snow after that, and sub zero temps day and night until Monday.

in north Brighton, I find locations like Henfield better reflect what happens to us, as we are 3 miles from the mild Channel, 100m up in altitude, and in the suburbs well away from the urban heat island effect.

I hope the bbc / met office are correct.

I work in Henfield, wooo!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If we dont get this snow tomorrow then the BBC weather forecasters might as well find a new career. Surely it will not miss us or arrive as rain. ( I am in Willingdon ).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we dont get this snow tomorrow then the BBC weather forecasters might as well find a new career. Surely it will not miss us or arrive as rain. ( I am in Willingdon ).

Their tv forecast a moment showed snow top ups all day Sat & Su for all Sussex and Kent.

That's a upgrade from the original 2 quiet but bitterly cold days, after Friday. i'm hoping.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

If you commute, will you take the day off, and enjoy the snow wherever you live?

I drive from Hove over the downs past Devil's Dyke to get there. Guess will go in as normal and then hope we get let off early if the snow really does fall. Fingers crossed!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
snowing in preston park. Thick flakes too

Just performed a formal lamp-post check - it is indeed snowing in Worthing - with a temp of 3.5C :)

Just goes to show what a sub zero Dew Point can do.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Their tv forecast a moment showed snow top ups all day Sat & Su for all Sussex and Kent.

That's a upgrade from the original 2 quiet but bitterly cold days, after Friday. i'm hoping.

Fingers Crossed. How many times am I going to look out the window tonight :rolleyes:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Something that is interesting is some potential further snow on Sunday from France, something to keep an eye on!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
First snow flurry here, just blowing in the wind.

Temp 2c DP -3c

The NAE total is up by a couple of mm (1mm = roughly 1cm)

Feels like Christmas Eve!!! :moo:

hello mate, are we gonna get it good In Tilgate over the next 24 hours, very very thin flakes currently

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

The Saddlescombe Pass.

I like this thread. Other grown ups who still like snow.

Haha, oh yes. Am far too old to act like this!

Always interesting watching the temp on the dashboard plummet as I travel to work, have gone from +2 in Hove to -5 in Henfield. Saddlescombe is always frozen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here