Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For those of you wondering if you will get snow. YES YES YES. Everyone living in Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey etc will see snow tomorrow morning and day. Just relax and see how much we all get!

Yes Sir/Madam, sorry Sir/Madam. ;-)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For those of you wondering if you will get snow. YES YES YES. Everyone living in Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey etc will see snow tomorrow morning and day. Just relax and see how much we all get!

Jam tommorow then....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
+2.7c in Withdean area presently ... the mildest its been for several evenings.
I'm certain that wasn't forecast, nor the 4.5c max today!

Hopefully that's the calm before the blizzard.

We now need the temp to fall to at least -1c asap, to give nice cold surfaces for all the snow to settle.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A couple of friends have a flight from Luton airport tomorrow about 16:00. What's the forecast for there [MENTION=4165]Djmiles[/MENTION] ?

I suspect getting to Luton will be the biggest problem for them.

Snow, unfortunately. Looks like hitting North London not long after us, so mid morning probably.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Jam tommorow then....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's a dew point of -3.3c. I wonder if my weather station is faulty? I know I'm nearer the sea, but....

-1.7 DP here, Papa. If that helps...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

When are the next charts released ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When are the next charts released ?

9:30pm. The snow for tomorrow is nailed on, but will be interesting to see if the Snow for Sunday-Tues is still on the cards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

9:30pm. The snow for tomorrow is nailed on, but will be interesting to see if the Snow for Sunday-Tues is still on the cards.

When will we know if it is turning to rain as they currently say ? Or suck it and see ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When will we know if it is turning to rain as they currently say ? Or suck it and see ?

Lamp post watching I'm afraid!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From what i have read on TWO, the colder air will start to flow in from the East from now. There are reports of the rain on the southern edge of the current band turning to snow. The dew points should drop, as well as the air temperature.

P.s. I think that weather station must be faulty. My posh one doesn't 'do' dew point or humidity seemingly

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Latest image from my Ipad app. It's close!

Attachments

• BA1up81CMAA5tbA.jpg
    BA1up81CMAA5tbA.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 182

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just had a dusting of snow in East Tisted, East Hampshire and it's f*%&ing freezing (I think that's a term used by Carol Kirkwood, Brrrrrrrrrrrr).

Typical need to get to Gatwick tomorrow lunchtime. I presume the roads have all been gritted and the snow ploughs will be ready and waiting.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest image from my Ipad app. It's close!

Nice App. Meteogroup (behind raintoday) do a paid for prec type service - the sometimes offer it free for periods when there's snow about. It's worth keeping any eye out for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here