[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is the snow expected to turn to rain along the sussex coast tomorrow eve or are we safe at the mo?

The dew points and surface temps are due to drop from now on, so anything will be snow tomorrow AM. Later on tomorrow (evening onwards) lower DPs will be over us, so on the coast it may be touch and go. However, even if it does turn to sleet, as the low pressure moves into N France, it will drag colder air back over us, so it will turn back to snow.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The dew points and surface temps are due to drop from now on, so anything will be snow tomorrow AM. Later on tomorrow (evening onwards) lower DPs will be over us, so on the coast it may be touch and go. However, even if it does turn to sleet, as the low pressure moves into N France, it will drag colder air back over us, so it will turn back to snow.

Thanks. If we get sleet for a while I presume it wont melt the snow?

Yoda

English & European
With respect to the current High temps and seeming Dew Points on the south coast... from Mid Hants TWO members (I don't know which footy team they support)

and

Having been outside most of the evening (and just got back in) I can confirm that is starting to feel a lot colder now than earlier. A cold wind is starting to pick up too.

Reading 5.0c, 55% humidity and a sub zero DP (mine doesn't do negatives) at this minute.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just performed a formal lamp-post check - it is indeed snowing in Worthing - with a temp of 3.5C :)

Just goes to show what a sub zero Dew Point can do.

And localised! No snow in West Worthing!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Latest conditions from my app

Attachments

• BA2LF1yCQAAP71z.png
    BA2LF1yCQAAP71z.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 316

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports