[Football] The Apology

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
PGMOL apologised to Brighton following mistakes in their game against Crystal Palace in February and it is understood it also did so around an incident involving Solly March in a game against Aston Villa just before the World Cup.
Interesting about the Villa game, not heard that before - so 3 apologies we've received this year. Wankers.
In addition, Brighton have asked for clarification around five key decisions taken at Saturday's game, which saw a further penalty claim when Dunk's shirt was pulled in the box, and two Brighton goals disallowed for handball.

Brighton are also looking for an explanation as to why De Zerbi was sent off as the club believe he was actively trying to calm the situation down when coaching staff from both teams had an altercation on the touchline.
Good to see the club are chasing the other decisions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
PGMOL apologises that however hard they tried, they couldn't find a way to rule out Dunks goal, sorry Tottenham.
Since VAR came in, it does seem that it is trying to stop goals being scored, rather than checking if the goals were 'legal'.

Has a goal been ruled out onfield but given by VAR? It probably has but I can't immediately think of one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's action that is needed

Can't find an actual statement
Brighton are also looking for an explanation as to why De Zerbi was sent off as the club believe he was actively trying to calm the situation down when coaching staff from both teams had an altercation on the touchline.

Good. I'm glad the club are backing him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Good. I'm glad the club are backing him.
I thought an appeal would be interesting. There is a rule about touchline altercations that says that if the original culprits can't be identified then the senior coaches are sent off. I think that was why he and Stellini, who was nowhere near, may have gone. But it doesn't seem right in this instance.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An apology means nothing. But now they have admitted they got it wrong, what I would actually like to hear is an explanation as to why the Mitoma penalty was not given. What were the thoughts of both Atwell and Salisbury that led them to the decision?
Agreed.

I've said it elsewhere, but I can forgive Attwell, or any ref for that matter, even though he was perfectly-placed. A one-off take on something at live-speed being played out by world-class athletes who are trying to con you at all the time. Of course, referees will get it wrong on occasion.

...which is why VAR is there.

So, with the benefit of replays and multiple angles - not that they were really needed in this instance - let's hear the explanation as to why the VAR official didn't intervene.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here