Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex - A view from Millwall Fans

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Food is shit is not a FACT. Service is shit is not a FACT. Transport to and from the stadium is shit is not a FACT. Your are the type of person I hope I never have to sit next to at football. That is a FACT.

Its 10/10 for me, I absolutly love it. I couldnt give a f*** if i have to que for a train, or a burger. There was a period of time when i didnt think i would have a club to support. This is amazing.

side note: Millwall trashed the away end and assualted a member of our staff according to toher threads. Their antics at the station in front of women and children was disgusting. Their opinion literally mean nothing to anyone.

Agree totally but I would say it's NOT perfect so 8/10 :) but PRETTY GOOD!

Feb 14, 2010
I dont like new grounds as much as anyone. However as new grounds go, I think The Amex has a bit of character. The noise levels are also superb, the West stand very, very loud and as loud as anything I have seen (including The Kop). On the whole the Albion have done very very well. fact is tho, you get some games with a great atmos and some games are more low key. Always was thus. The Soldstone had a superb atmos at times and not at other times.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Ignorant cu*ts...

The Blue Lion
Posted 15/2/2012 07:59
#1125959 - in reply to #1125956
Subject: Re: Marks outta 10 for the new ground

don't rate it really, it's like what's with the smaller stand opposite the main stand doesn't look right plus while it can hold some noise I still fail to recognise Brighton as having a football team.

Read more: Viewing a thread - Marks outta 10 for the new ground

Nov 10, 2011
Ground not finished, fact,atmosphere was shit, fact,food is shit, fact,service is shit, fact,transport to and from stadium is shit, fact, you think that warrants 10/10,i say no more.

The last 11 years we were playing in a converted athletics stadium. FACT. You fail to be able to put things into perspective and be grateful for what we've got. FACT

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
my mate, a near 50 year old Millwall fan took his wife to the Amex for Valentines Day! Said he thought it was a lovely ground and she wants a season ticket, mad lot they are indeed...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure that any of the Millwall fans last night who got soaked to the skin at Withdean in thoroughly wretched conditions the last couple of times we played them will have appreciated the improvement that the Amex offers.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
did he ever, bit embarrassed by the homophobic chants though and won $20 off me 'cos I gave him the draw.....

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
To all of you whinging about the Amex why don't you f*** off back to the Withdean, Gillingham or the shopping complex where the Goldstone used to be and listen to the matches on the radio there?

Seriously, get some perspective people. You compare the Amex, including the travel issues, the food issues and all that other inconsequential bullshit, to where we've been for the last ten years and then still complain? You need your heads examined.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm sure that any of the Millwall fans last night who got soaked to the skin at Withdean in thoroughly wretched conditions the last couple of times we played them will have appreciated the improvement that the Amex offers.

This. Half the Millwall fans went home on the stroke of half-time when it chucked it down last. Short memories.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Interestingly the vast majority of independant match-goers who write in the press rave about what a fantastic stadium it is. Think I'll take more notice of their views than a bunch of bitter thick ***** like 90% of the Millwall fans at the game last night.

On a personal note I'd give it a 7/10 which will rise to a 9/10 hopefully when the East is completed and the corners filled in. It would get more now if we had bigger ends behind the goals, but that was never going to be possible at this site so not worth worrying about anymore.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's not even worth reading. Of all the fans who visit the Amex, Millwall fans are the ones guaranteed to hate pretty much every aspect of it.

im glad I read your post before clicking on the link. Glad those bunch of animals wont be back anytime soon as I feel they are for the drop.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
FACT is, but they would've all given it a higher score if Lualua hadn't equalised in the 88th minute, or they hadn't attacked catering staff and been pepper sprayed...
Over the recent weeks I have been noticing how unusual the ground looks, something I think we all overlooked at first because we were/are madly in love with the place.
It'll look f***ing amazing when it's fully expanded.

Atmosphere was dead last night though, gotta give them that...

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I think alot of the millwall fans have a good point as in the type of fan our stadium atracts and all this cheesy music and build up before the games it gets a bit embarassing. Give me away games any time always have a better day

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't get all this friendly shite with away supporters,i would prefer awayfans to have a bit of fear at least from the football side of things.Football is about banter and winding eachother up not holding hands and discussing all the good points about eachother's clubs.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Made me laugh Millwall complaining about lack of atmosphere at Amex and trains after game. I seem to remember this season at the New Den it was half empty and the only entertainment from their fans was a teenage girl running up and down the stand giving us slit throat gestures. Plus we were stuck in a CAGE for 40 minutes after the match waiting to get on a train at a station no bigger than Falmer.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we shouldn't care what the Millwall fans think of our ground and they should pay for all the damage they caused in the away end and should be banned from the amex if we play them again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here