Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex - A view from Millwall Fans

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Appologies if someone else has said it, but ..... why do we care what away fans think of our place, especially Millwall?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Appologies if someone else has said it, but ..... why do we care what away fans think of our place, especially Millwall?

To be fair it matters to Bloom and Perry etc.

What did Martin Perry say a while back ? Something along the lines of making the away fans feel welcomed and when they see our fixture - They will say I'm going to that and we get a full house.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a fair point - but the reality is, most will be back next season anyway.

They just like gobbing off.
True, TLO - they will bring 2,000 again next season (unless we cut their allocation). A Millwall forum is the last place I would go if I was looking for opinions of opposing fans.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I'm sick of the word fact. That's about all I've learnt here.

Ain't THAT a fact.

ps Does anybody actually care about what a handful of prize pricks think of our ground? Frankly, I'm surprised that most of 'em haven't smashed their computers up for looking at them 'a bit funny'.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I am glad that the general opinion from Millwall fans is negative, they are clearly from another era and need to move on. What the Amex offers will never suit these morons and they will eventually have to find an alternative past-time in order to vent their aggression/masculinity.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
lol bitter bitter bitter. A ground that belongs in the prem yet it's 'shit'. Laughable. Compare it to the new den which is a nice little ground and the amex beats it every time. I really do think they ARE a different breed of human race. Saw one particular thing at the start of the game. I'd say 5% female, 95% some new form of life. Wine bottle sized bacardi breezer in hand f'ing and blinding because the stewards were searching Millwall fans going into the ground... Made me even more glad to come from Sussex - really do seem to think they're a cut above cos of their rep. And the homophobia is sickening.

Thankfully that bacardi bottled slag (for want of a better word) didn't have a ticket so didn't get in.last seen crawling back to falmer station with the 2 poddles following her every footstep.:)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I really don't think you can read much into comments like that. Nothing other than embarrassing really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thankfully that bacardi bottled slag (for want of a better word) didn't have a ticket so didn't get in.last seen crawling back to falmer station with the 2 poddles following her every footstep.:)

I feel for you having to see it. Genuinly was scarey seeing a 'female' acting like that and looking like that. Glad she didn't have a ticket!

I actually looked and laughed at her as it was that pathetic. Think our views on civilization were different...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

What did Martin Perry say a while back ? Something along the lines of making the away fans feel welcomed and when they see our fixture - They will say I'm going to that and we get a full house.

In which case Bloom and Perry spend a lot of time (and use a lot of user names) to pad these threads out. What do the rest of us care?

Ok, so someone in sales and marketing may get some feedback from fans leaving the away end, or may even trawl a few message boards of away fans to gauge some opinion.

But game in, game out a 10 page thread on it .... I just don't see the fascination. Seems like we are just desperately in need of reading someone else saying "cor, it's beautiful."

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In which case Bloom and Perry spend a lot of time (and use a lot of user names) to pad these threads out. What do the rest of us care?

Ok, so someone in sales and marketing may get some feedback from fans leaving the away end, or may even trawl a few message boards of away fans to gauge some opinion.

But game in, game out a 10 page thread on it .... I just don't see the fascination. Seems like we are just desperately in need of reading someone else saying "cor, it's beautiful."

You know the point i'm trying to make so why the useless waffle mate ? Many away fans have been unimpressed with public transport/parking etc and could well be put off in the future. Especially if it's a night game.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

to be fair some fans are just saying it's shit for the sake of it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You know the point i'm trying to make so why the useless waffle mate ? Many away fans have been unimpressed with public transport/parking etc and could well be put off in the future. Especially if it's a night game.

Blimey, we can't cut "useless waffle" out, or I'd have nothing left to post.

Just seems we are desperately looking for praise from impressed away fans every week, and I think that often comes across as a little bit, well, needy. We're not looking for constructive criticism, or we wouldn't be even considering Millwall Message Boards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here