Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The albums thread - 2014

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Loving the new East India Youth album. Warpaint release their 2nd album on Monday (produced by Flood which can only be a good thing). Also even though you may not usually pick up NME, it's worth a read today as they've picked a load of albums coming this year and spoken to the artists about them.

Kasabian - nuff said.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I could also suggest Board Of Canada..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Loving the new East India Youth album. Warpaint release their 2nd album on Monday (produced by Flood which can only be a good thing). Also even though you may not usually pick up NME, it's worth a read today as they've picked a load of albums coming this year and spoken to the artists about them.

Kasabian - nuff said.

Can't get on with the East India Youth album at all. Maybe it's just me. Will be interested in the new Warpaint album though, am off to see King Lear at the National when they play the Dome, the first in many scheduling disasters for me at the end of Jan beginning of feb.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Just finished my first listen of the East India Youth long player now. Happy with my purchase!

As much as I like BSP as people, I just don't get the appeal. And I've tried.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BSP - I just don't get the appeal. And I've tried.

Absolutely this. Saw them at Latitude in '08 and I don't think I've ever been as underwhelmed in my life, considering the hype. Seemed like an economy version of Arcade Fire, without any of the bits that make AF good. Bit harsh perhaps, but did absolutely nothing for me.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Watch out for Chloe Howl as well - may not be the usual NSC cup of tea, but she's definitely a massive step up from Lilly Allen.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Swim Deep should have their 2nd album out this year as well - touring with NME's Awards Show in February at London's Koko.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Been listening to the new Stephen Malkmus & the jicks album. definitely my fav so far this year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Watch out for Chloe Howl as well - may not be the usual NSC cup of tea, but she's definitely a massive step up from Lilly Allen.

My cat farting is a massive step up from Lily Allen.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm hoping Bear Driver might get their arses back in gear but all the Wall/Lyla Foy stuff is keeping them in hibernation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here