Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, it looked like he was joining us, then word leaked that he wanted Middlesbrough.
Then it looked like he was joining Middlesbrough, now word is leaking he wants Brighton.

I am a little bit suspicious, either about the word that leaked, or that his feelings are all that genuine either way.

Talking up a bigger wage packet?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Clayton spotted in Middlesbrough apparently, this is fairly bizarre and do we just a journalist, who over the past couple of weeks have got lots of BHAFC transfer info wrong - or the Boro fans who are actually in Middlesbrough....

Where are you getting this from? I haven't seen anything on Twitter about people claiming he's having a medical or that he's been spotted.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Clayton spotted in Middlesbrough apparently, this is fairly bizarre and do we just a journalist, who over the past couple of weeks have got lots of BHAFC transfer info wrong - or the Boro fans who are actually in Middlesbrough....

The sky journalist a boro fan

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Posted this in other thread:

Some reports on twitter that Clayton was a no show at Borough and he wants to sign for us,

Interesting..

----

Now being reported by SKY and Daily Mirror.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Where are you getting this from? I haven't seen anything on Twitter about people claiming he's having a medical or that he's been spotted.

Just been tweeted that by a Middlesbrough fan who has "apparently" just seen him at the Riverside. Of course could be a load of shit though.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Posted this in other thread:

Some reports on twitter that Clayton was a no show at Borough and he wants to sign for us,

Interesting..

----

Now being reported by SKY and Daily Mirror.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The best things come to those who wait...

aha so you did know something
he will be a good signing
so it looks like Mr Burke has done the business, mind you not counting them yet until he is on the club website hold the scarf aloft

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Didn't realise we had two threads going...posted this in the other thread so for anyone interested here you go:

A very good friend of mine claimed he saw him and his wife/girlfriend on Brighton beach on Wednesday. Didn't post on here at the time because I assumed it was either mistaken identity or a wind-up by him (unlikely). It seems a bit more plausible now that the boro deal is stalling, still unsure but you never know :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
@untypicalboro: Senior figures at both Boro & Huddersfield seething right now. Clayton's agent trying to bring Brighton in after everything agreed.

This whole situation stinks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
@untypicalboro: Senior figures at both Boro & Huddersfield seething right now. Clayton's agent trying to bring Brighton in after everything agreed.

This whole situation stinks.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable winning his signature if that is the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here