Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

How did he do against us last season? Anyone remember his performances?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sounds like it's back on from a journalist for one of the clubs involved:

@reluctantnicko: Clayton drama ... did not turn up at Middlesbrough to join ... wants to go to Brighton ... Huddersfield unhappy at messing about. #chaos

un*******believable

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Sounds like it's back on from a journalist for one of the clubs involved:

@reluctantnicko: Clayton drama ... did not turn up at Middlesbrough to join ... wants to go to Brighton ... Huddersfield unhappy at messing about. #chaos

sounds like its all about the money
as I am led to believe by modern pop stars is often the case

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yeah, Mirror reporting similar..

[TWEET]498052039721889792[/TWEET]

You couldn't make it up really..

EDIT: Just realised Alan Nixon is Mirror, also. He seems fairly reliable though from experience.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well, looks like we certainly are back in the frame then if he wants to join us - Hudds have accepted a bid too.

Can see this deal be wrapped up next week then !!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Adam Clayton - Brighton cash bid

Middlesbrough fans seem to be adamant that he is actually up there now having a medical and are saying the latest news is all rubbish.

So, who is right ?

Judging by Alan Nixon's tweets this morning, I'd be surprised if he was wrong.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Sky now reporting it as well:

@GraemeBailey: Adam Clayton stalling on Middlesbrough move as he would rather join Brighton, who have reopened talks with Huddersfield.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Clayton spotted in Middlesbrough apparently, this is fairly bizarre and do we just a journalist, who over the past couple of weeks have got lots of BHAFC transfer info wrong - or the Boro fans who are actually in Middlesbrough....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, it looked like he was joining us, then word leaked that he wanted Middlesbrough.
Then it looked like he was joining Middlesbrough, now word is leaking he wants Brighton.

I am a little bit suspicious, either about the word that leaked, or that his feelings are all that genuine either way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Actually, I'm looking forward to naylor's reaction and people's response to naylor if Clayton signs for us. Oh, how I want this to happen now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, it looked like he was joining us, then word leaked that he wanted Middlesbrough.
Then it looked like he was joining Middlesbrough, now word is leaking he wants Brighton.

I am a little bit suspicious, either about the word that leaked, or that his feelings are all that genuine either way.

It does smack of player/agent greed playing one off against another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here