The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
@GraemeBailey: Despite hiccup with Clayton deal, Boro deal is not completely dead...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's a perfect situation for the agent. Playing the 2 clubs off against each other to milk it for all it's worth.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Me either, especially if Clayton being a mercenary.

Why is he being a mercenary? He may just want to play for us and not Boro. That shows commitment and purpose in my book. If he said to Brighton, 'I want to play for you but want £25k a week for doing so', then I would understand and agree. But from what little we know, it seems that this is not the case. He genuinely wants to play for us.

Good lad, sign him up.

TNBA

TTF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clayton's agent's bonus is going to be 6 figures at least. He/she will be a winner no matter where Clayton ends up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Remember too, that if he had a good season for us, Norwich or Cardiff would come calling and he'd be off like a shot. If he wanted to come here, why didn't he and his agent agree a deal with us? If I were a 'Boro fan I'd be pretty hacked off too.

Players and agents can't agree deals with clubs until their owning club give them permission to speak to that club.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
From graham bailey

@GraemeBailey: Told Middlesbrough are ONLY option for Adam Clayton, and only club Huddersfield are talking to. Butterfield deal also very much still on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports