The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
All is good?? We didn't sign a player we've been chasing for 9 months?

are you living in a parallel world
THIS IS BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION WE ARE SUPPORTING
this is now the norm:lolol:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Oh, and if Agustien gets fit and pulls his weight, we are more than sorted in that area.
Clayton isn't fit to clean a fully-prepared Agustien's boots.

You are joking right?! Clayton has been player of the season twice at Huddersfield, hence interest from Boro, Albion and (previously) Forest - and that whopping price tag. Agustien had en entire 'season to prepare', ie last season. The fact he was probably our most under-whelming permanent signing of 2013/14 and he is still not exactly wowing the fans, would suggest he should be polishing Clayton's boots instead....

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Agustien is quality, very high quality.
If he turns it on this season, he will run the show for us.
All Clayton would do is warm the bench.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
So this is the same Huddersfield that were in League 1 and nearly ended up there again. Wow, he must be good then :)

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
You are joking right?! Clayton has been player of the season twice at Huddersfield, hence interest from Boro, Albion and (previously) Forest - and that whopping price tag. Agustien had en entire 'season to prepare', ie last season. The fact he was probably our most under-whelming permanent signing of 2013/14 and he is still not exactly wowing the fans, would suggest he should be polishing Clayton's boots instead....

However, player of the season twice and still not picked up by a premier league club. What does that say? Agustein may get slated on here and sometimes for good reason. He is a classy player though and has played at the highest level. Let's hope the phrase class is permanent, form is temporary is true here.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No not fishing.
I think Agustien could be the best investment we have made in ages.
IF he actually turns it on.
As for COG, who knows.
Maybe a good signing, maybe we should have looked elsewhere. I hope the former.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agustein, although not consistent, was brilliant on his going days for Swansea. Let's give him a chance to show what he can do and hope he takes it.

It's about time he proved his worth, he's been a complete waste of a years wages so far.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Agustien is quality, very high quality.
If he turns it on this season, he will run the show for us.
All Clayton would do is warm the bench.

He can play a pass that none of our other midfielders would even think of, like that unbelievable back-pass he laid on for Ankergren to slice at Peterborough.Inspired.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So this is the same Huddersfield that were in League 1 and nearly ended up there again. Wow, he must be good then :)

Please tell me you are joking.

If not, that's up there for one of the most stupid posts i've ever read on this forum. Which really takes some doing.

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014
Agustein, although not consistent, was brilliant on his going days for Swansea. Let's give him a chance to show what he can do and hope he takes it.

Exactly. Maybe him and Oscar simply didn't click. Looking forward to see what role he has to play this year.... with fingers crossed it will be an active one and not a bench warming one! :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have absolutely no inside knowledge on this one, and I'm not suggesting the same is happening but it all feels a bit like the CMS signing.

He was going to Leicester or West Ham and we didn't have a chance, supposedly. And then up he popped.

(Clayton was training with Huddersfield again today)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports