Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can someone tell me why listening to football on the radio doesn't count anymore? Nah I'm not having it. Anyho, watching the 'highlights' confirmed my ability to 'picture' the game in my hyperbolic mind more than adequately...

We were shocking.

You can get a feel for things,the ebb and flow,much depends on the commentator,it is not the same as being at a game..

It's always the Little things,(tracking back) and various players fitness,off the ball stuff,runs,wingers swapping,defenders doubling up,man to man marking,so much,that said one can get a feel of things.

***based on the MOTD highlights-again not the same as being at the game***

Personally we were fare first half going forwards,shocking? perhaps but that is football,not to be expected from a side at the top of the championship but after taking into account last season it is extremely clear to see that promotion is to be obtained,at the cost of making 8 or 9 changes to the side for a 4tth round cup tie away at a very confidence filled non league side,throw in a complete new back 5 and things can only be harder..

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Picture the scene:-

- No striker bought before Wednesday.
- Casper (hopefully only) back up goalie.
- No Baldock, Bruno, Bong, Pog, Rosenior, Maenpaa.
- Reading Leeds and Wed all win their 'easy' games.
- Lose to Huddersfield.
- Wells scores a hat-trick.

You'd think a lot of posters might have shot their bolt early.
But this being NSC, they're only warming up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You can get a feel for things,the ebb and flow,much depends on the commentator,it is not the same as being at a game..

It's always the Little things,(tracking back) and various players fitness,off the ball stuff,runs,wingers swapping,defenders doubling up,man to man marking,so much,that said one can get a feel of things.

***based on the MOTD highlights-again not the same as being at the game***

Personally we were fare first half going forwards,shocking? perhaps but that is football,not to be expected from a side at the top of the championship but after taking into account last season it is extremely clear to see that promotion is to be obtained,at the cost of making 8 or 9 changes to the side for a 4tth round cup tie away at a very confidence filled non league side,throw in a complete new back 5 and things can only be harder..

Fair points, but nothing can take away the result. A truly awful one, given the supposed gulf in 'class' between the two squads on the day.

Whether I was there or nay... off floating in a hot air balloon, quaffing champagne from a flute of the olde Gods... the performance was dire, the media circus embarrassing and if we lose on Thursday... heaven forbid! it will merely get worse, as those vultures who claim we're 'keeping up' will have their little moment at last...

Time, as ever, will tell... tick tock.

Now - I'm calling time, on my time, on this thread.

So long, dudes.

Kosh

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fair points, but nothing can take away the result. A truly awful one, given the supposed gulf in 'class' between the two squads on the day.

Whether I was there or nay... off floating in a hot air balloon, quaffing champagne from a flute of the olde Gods... the performance was dire, the media circus embarrassing and if we lose on Thursday... heaven forbid! it will merely get worse, as those vultures who claim we're 'keeping up' will have their little moment at last...

Time, as ever, will tell... tick tock.

Now - I'm calling time, on my time, on this thread.

So long, dudes.

Kosh

Fair comments,it was a very bad day and from an outsiders pov we were humiliated,from within the club it must be a case of "not good enough and we cannot afford to play like that again" .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hi Drew, i believe in momentum. They have it, we no don't. Murray and Norwood and Hemed will most likely play a part. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll lose come Thursday... then our 'performance' of yesterday will be bitterly relevant to so many more than today.

I'd rather have won 4-0 with the first team out, would you not?

Momentum! They beat Rochdale in the cup but apart from that their momentum as you put is against teams in the bottom half of the championship. In their last 5 championship games, they have beaten Ipswich, Forest and Wigan. They drew at home to Blackburn and lost to the Massive. Would hardly describe that as momentum!!! Our last 5 games have seen us beat three teams from the top half of the table, losing to another and beating QPR from the bottom half. Our momentum is far better than theirs and win or lose on Thursday, yesterday's result will still be irrelevant to that match.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

- Lose to Huddersfield.

The mattress is out, the blanket is on.... Just needs a little wetting.....

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

- Lose to Huddersfield.

https://youtu.be/9EH1G4EwljM

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What is embarrassing is "fans" directly tweeting Tomori telling him to **** off back to Chelsea, he's 19 years old he's going to make mistakes.

It's like 90% of Brighton fans love someone to bitch and moan about, as if his confidence wasn't shot already he's getting abused by some dick hiding behind a keyboard.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What is embarrassing is "fans" directly tweeting Tomori telling him to **** off back to Chelsea, he's 19 years old he's going to make mistakes.

It's like 90% of Brighton fans love someone to bitch and moan about, as if his confidence wasn't shot already he's getting abused by some dick hiding behind a keyboard.

Social media, what can you do.

Fans of all clubs show themselves up and they're usually very young with no concept of how it reflects upon them and potential repercussions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Once again 'I fookin hate Brighton fans'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quit yer jabbering:wrong:

It's not exclusive to our club.

I know and you're quite right, but I'm not embarrassed by other clubs.

Yesterday I got called a 'happy clapper' for not joining in the lynching of Skalak.

FFS - 40+ years of support.
At least 35 of those have been in abject misery.
I finally have a team that makes me happy and want to clap,
Yet for some it's still not good enough.

W@nkers the lot of 'em.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Yesterday I got called a 'happy clapper' for not joining in the lynching of Skalak.

W@nkers the lot of 'em.

you were happy and you were clapping... I am failing to see the issue...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

W@nkers the lot of 'em.

You must have been standing near some right pillocks.

Bong's out so they have to find a new one I guess:shrug:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
One last one... I agree that singling out young players for criticism/insults is totally unfair. I agree that there is no place for creating an individual scapegoat. Truth be told, the young players were let down badly by an insipid display from the so called 'first teamers' who turned up and utterly dropped out of the game. I would, however, never attribute the blame to any one individual, but taken as a whole it was an epic, epic fail.

Time to move on...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The mattress is out, the blanket is on.... Just needs a little wetting.....

What number mattress though? I mean in seasons past the mattress would have been replaced a few times by now,perhaps we are still on this seasons original? Looks just about good enough to me at the moment,like new even :lolol: well nearly...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You must have been standing near some right pillocks.

Bong's out so they have to find a new one I guess:shrug:

Not just Skalak. Someone near us aimed some abuse at Goldson from about 5 yards. Connor heard it and probably drew his own conclusions. It's a pity some people travel all that way to project their own anger issues rather than get behind a team that was struggling. On the bright side I do think it was an irrelevant minority.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

It's
like 90% of Brighton fans love someone to bitch and moan about, as if his confidence wasn't shot already he's getting abused by some dick hiding behind a keyboard.
Presenters on Radio Sussex spoke very well of the young lad on loan from Chelsea, its the senior players who should have made sure we took three points from a non-league side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here