Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What caused the rugby scrum of police and stewards ejecting one of our fans after one of their goals ? Seemed like his wife was right in the middle trying to pull him back. What on earth had happened ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Blimey!, so all this outrage about a game that you didn't even see!? :lolol:

What?!? So listening to the radio it's impossible to form a valid opinion? Better tell radio 5 they've been wasting their time for decades.

If I were a visually impaired fan, and I said the same of yesterday - and yes I'd been 'there' would you think it so 'clever' to declare my opinion null and void? Careful now...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What caused the rugby scrum of police and stewards ejecting one of our fans after one of their goals ? Seemed like his wife was right in the middle trying to pull him back. What on earth had happened ?

I wondered that as the police seemed to approach fairly calmly knowing who they were going to eject. My guess was that they'd identified him, via CCTV, as having thrown the smoke bomb earlier.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I did 'listen' to the whole game and formed an opinion, like most humans would, based on the expert commentary. We were not 'clearly' the best team... let's be honest it WAS an awful performance and even if I hadn't heard or indeed seen the match losing 3-1 considering the gulf between the clubs... well; it would be a very fair assumption that we'd been less than the 'better team.'

I look forward to Thursday and to crushing Huddersfield, as so many are certain we shall.

Want to bet that if we beat Hudds you will eat any hat, other than the big Ritchie Blackmore one you should be marinading by now for the end of the season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I did 'listen' to the whole game and formed an opinion, like most humans would, based on the expert commentary. We were not 'clearly' the best team... let's be honest it WAS an awful performance and even if I hadn't heard or indeed seen the match losing 3-1 considering the gulf between the clubs... well; it would be a very fair assumption that we'd been less than the 'better team.'

I look forward to Thursday and to crushing Huddersfield, as so many are certain we shall.

Can you name one or two then that are certain we'll beat Huddersfield ?

I haven't seen anyone say that, but I'd like to congratulate them on their unshakable belief :rock:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Want to bet that if we beat Hudds you will eat any hat, other than the big Ritchie Blackmore one you should be marinading by now for the end of the season?

Heh heh the funny thing is, I look forward to eating my Ritchie Blackmore hat, I really do. I think I'll fill it with a nice pasta and tuck in... hmmmmm hat pasta.

I don't wish, as I've said, to compare yesterday's car crash with the whole season - but we have no devine right to beat anyone, and to assume we'll bounce right back on Thursday, well it smacks of arrogance. I take no pleasure in defeat - hence my reaction to this one, but let's just say the hat remains on ice until it becomes impossible to blow it 'mega' styleeeeee.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What?!? So listening to the radio it's impossible to form a valid opinion? Better tell radio 5 they've been wasting their time for decades.

Not even close to relevant I'm afraid.

Forgive me, but comments such as..."It's been a while since I've been so overwhelmingly angry at a performance" usually come from someone who's spent a bit of time and money actually bothering going to the game.

Failing that, someone who at least bothered to find one of the numerous live tv streams available.

You're of course entitled to an opinion just from listening to the game on the radio. I'm just surprised by such hyperbole when you haven't even seen the performance for yourself.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I haven't seen anyone say that, but I'd like to congratulate them on their unshakable belief :rock:

Errmmm read the thread again and tell me that several contributors haven't insinuated at the very least: "that Thursday will be different..." etc. Errmmmm different how? Opponents, ok, weather? Possibly... I think we both know those people are suggesting victory with our actual 'proper' team.

Let's just see what happens...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Quite,i for once am a little nervous,purely based on their recent climb back up the table and our sudden run of defeats (i know) besides right now,be more than happy to take a point.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

I wondered that as the police seemed to approach fairly calmly knowing who they were going to eject. My guess was that they'd identified him, via CCTV, as having thrown the smoke bomb earlier.

Lincolnshire police on a big day out. Also the blue smoke bomb was on the left-hand side in the last block we had fans in nearest the entrance. Power house police officers and stewards excessively removed someone from the second to last right block.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It was certainly a little surreal as was the lad who jumped on the goal net after we scored. He crouched for a few seconds a little unsure I guess as to what to do next. I would imagine the idea seemed a lot better in his head than was the reality !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Errmmm read the thread again and tell me that several contributors haven't insinuated at the very least: "that Thursday will be different..." etc. Errmmmm different how? Opponents, ok, weather? Possibly... I think we both know those people are suggesting victory with our actual 'proper' team.

Ok I'll bite ...cant see one post on the thread that says we will 'crush Huddersfield' ... tough game ..draw will be a result

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Forgive me, but comments such as..."It's been a while since I've been so overwhelmingly angry at a performance" usually come from someone who's spent a bit of time and money actually bothering going to the game.

Failing that, someone who at least bothered to find one of the numerous live tv streams available.

You're of course entitled to an opinion just from listening to the game on the radio. I'm just surprised by such hyperbole when you haven't even seen the performance for yourself.

Can someone tell me why listening to football on the radio doesn't count anymore? Nah I'm not having it. Anyho, watching the 'highlights' confirmed my ability to 'picture' the game in my hyperbolic mind more than adequately...

We were shocking.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It will be different because it will be a different team that we field, one that has, by all accounts, done pretty well in the form table over the last 27 games!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Heh heh the funny thing is, I look forward to eating my Ritchie Blackmore hat, I really do. I think I'll fill it with a nice pasta and tuck in... hmmmmm hat pasta.

I don't wish, as I've said, to compare yesterday's car crash with the whole season - but we have no devine right to beat anyone, and to assume we'll bounce right back on Thursday, well it smacks of arrogance. I take no pleasure in defeat - hence my reaction to this one, but let's just say the hat remains on ice until it becomes impossible to blow it 'mega' styleeeeee.

Clearly, losing to Lincoln shows we have no divine right to beat anyone, but on the whole, we have beaten whoever we have been playing, more often than we haven't. Any draw or defeat has been followed by a win the next game, except for the back to back Newcastle and Brentford defeats, and there was a fortnight between those 2 games. We generally bounce back well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Doesn't reflect well on the reserves that they got beaten by a non league team. I don't actually care but it sounds like a piss poor result to me, not caring doesn't make it ok :shrug:

pretty much this although hemed and murphy were obvioulsy brought on for a reason..........bad result but if we can get 4 points from our next 2 fixtures then it will be forgotten. just look at liverpool.....now that's a bad result.....!!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It will be different because it will be a different team that we field, one that has, by all accounts, done pretty well in the form table over the last 27 games!

Hi Drew, i believe in momentum. They have it, we no don't. Murray and Norwood and Hemed will most likely play a part. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll lose come Thursday... then our 'performance' of yesterday will be bitterly relevant to so many more than today.

I'd rather have won 4-0 with the first team out, would you not?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Think it will cost Lincoln promotion this season they will never win the cup and are in a horrendous league to get out of.

We were listening to BBC Radio Lincolnshire on the way out of town and they were saying there is a 'war chest' of a million quid from the cup run and they are looking to sign four players. If they back the manager they have a great chance as he is doing a great job. Make no mistake they played well yesterday. The result wasn't all about our performance. A lot of credit needs to go to Lincoln's management, players and their fans (who created a great atmosphere). I think that if they buy well then their promotion prospects will be enhanced by the Cup run.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There's always somebody worse off (courtesy of a blue-nose mate);
bn.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here