Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Meh.

So, sigh... I'm a dickhead for wanting my team to play well, and ermmm win against a non league team? Bearing in mind we had, at differing times, 5 full international players on the pitch...

Yeah mate, we passionate supporters are 'real' dicks.

Piss off.

You just go too far though with all the hyperbole, calling the players 'a disgrace' to the shirt when they have been unbelievable for 98% of the season. We will never win EVERY game, if we did we would be Barcelona.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lose on Thursday however, and people will be on the 'remains' of our season akin to flies on a bunny carcass that was run over at the weekend by a three year old on a tricycle.

Surely it saw the child coming? or did it chuck itself neath the wheels to save it's mate who was being rested for foraging duties come evensong on Thursday... huh?!?

Trouble is, Thursday is **** off truck day on olde bunny lane. Whoops.

Yeah thought so.

Are you ok?....

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Maybe Bozza could add a "saw the game" test to the website that you have to pass before you can comment on the match. It's pretty annoying reading comments from people who know the score but don't seem to have seen the game.

We had the better of the play and created far more chances than they did. But we gave away three soft goals and are not going to win many games when that happens.

They played well and got the ball into dangerous areas without actually creating chances. We were clearly the better team. Sometimes you lose games like that but it doesn't mean the entire team played badly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There was a bald bloke from Lincoln on the highlights earlier saying how they'd won from 3 "well worked goals"
Interesting view....

Let Lincoln have their moment of glory but they scored 3 goals and all glory to them for what IT'S WORTH

Let the BBC pundits rave about another cup upset to justify their £100K(or more) a year salaries for no more than what everyone on this site does for nothing at the Licence payers expense, I might add- Lets also just try and think back to when a back line of Stockdale Bong Dunk Duffy and Bruno conceded 3 goals - has it actually happened. Don't know. A little too drunk to go research it.

This season is even better managed than last season with sparing our valuable players. I never like to count chickens before they hatch but we actually have ones who have flown the nest. That means they must have hatched

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lose on Thursday however, and people will be on the 'remains' of our season akin to flies on a bunny carcass that was run over at the weekend by a three year old on a tricycle.

Surely it saw the child coming? or did it chuck itself neath the wheels to save it's mate who was being rested for foraging duties come evensong on Thursday... huh?!?

Trouble is, Thursday is **** off truck day on olde bunny lane. Whoops.

Yeah thought so.

My teenage kids would like to know which shop sold you the booze without first asking for ID ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe Bozza could add a "saw the game" test to the website that you have to pass before you can comment on the match. It's pretty annoying reading comments from people who know the score but don't seem to have seen the game.

We had the better of the play and created far more chances than they did. But we gave away three soft goals and are not going to win many games when that happens.

They played well and got the ball into dangerous areas without actually creating chances. We were clearly the better team. Sometimes you lose games like that but it doesn't mean the entire team played badly.

Fair play to you mate, Australia to Lincoln is quite a journey to watch a match.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
mmm On one hand we have fans who are "embarrassed and ashamed" calling it a disgraceful performance and on the other we have some who are "honestly not bothered"

I think both are wrong. The extreme negativity is unnecessary but we absolutely should be bothered that we were beaten by a non league side.

Yes we need to put it in context but that team should have been good enough.

For me it was the mental approach, we didn't go into the game with enough desire to win, something Lincoln had in abundance.

This team has should time and time again that it has enough character to put it behind us, on to Huddersfield!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
mmm On one hand we have fans who are "embarrassed and ashamed" calling it a disgraceful performance and on the other we have some who are "honestly not bothered"

I think both are wrong. The extreme negativity is unnecessary but we absolutely should be bothered that we were beaten by a non league side.

For me it was the mental approach, we didn't go into the game with enough desire to win, something Lincoln had in abundance.

This team has should time and time again that it has enough character to put it behind us, on to Huddersfield!

Well said Paddy B. The key is what happens next. If we get 4-6 points from our next 2 games it will quickly be forgotten. If we get nothing .................

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009

yeah agree-although Ive got a right to be embarrassed,as a Lincoln resident,with the stick i'm going to get at work tommorow!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still more hacked off with pesky Reading beating Cardiff than our loss yesterday.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
You just go too far though with all the hyperbole, calling the players 'a disgrace' to the shirt when they have been unbelievable for 98% of the season. We will never win EVERY game, if we did we would be Barcelona.

Barcelona points per game this season: 2.16
Brighton points per game this season: 2.22

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I did 'listen' to the whole game and formed an opinion, like most humans would, based on the expert commentary. We were not 'clearly' the best team... let's be honest it WAS an awful performance and even if I hadn't heard or indeed seen the match losing 3-1 considering the gulf between the clubs... well; it would be a very fair assumption that we'd been less than the 'better team.'

I look forward to Thursday and to crushing Huddersfield, as so many are certain we shall.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

This - sort of. Agree that the extremes are both OTT; we should care about winning all games even if only to give the reserves another meaningful game to play in, but to say it is embarrassing does a disservice to Lincoln. Dont agree about mental attitude, it was three bad mistakes that cost us, the first being the worst in a way as it not only brought about the equalizer but also CA in goal; his disastrous clearance brought about the third.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I did 'listen' to the whole game and formed an opinion, like most humans would, based on the expert commentary. We were not 'clearly' the best team... let's be honest it WAS an awful performance and even if I hadn't heard or indeed seen the match losing 3-1 considering the gulf between the clubs... well; it would be a very fair assumption that we'd been less than the 'better team.'

I look forward to Thursday and to crushing Huddersfield, as so many are certain we shall.

Blimey!, so all this outrage about a game that you didn't even see. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here