Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, putting those records side by side it’s a little sobering. (Thanks A1X) Doesn’t feel like we’ve made as much of a leap as I thought. We’ve done step 1 and become harder to beat. Is that enough for me? Probably not. I guess GP has time to sort it out, as he should, but come the end of the season, will TB be happy with the progress? I’d imagine he’d give him another season.

Potter 92 games
22 wins
36 draws
34 losses

Win - 23.91%
Draw - 39.13%
Loss - 36.96%

93 goals for (avg 1.01 per game)
117 goals against (avg 1.27 per game)

Hughton 76 games
18 wins
22 draws
36 losses

Win - 23.68%
Draw - 28.94%
Loss - 47.37%

69 goals for (avg 0.91 per game)
114 goals against (avg 1.5 per game)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Less than a goal per game over 5 seasons, most certainly not the beautiful game for Brighton in the EPL.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So, putting those records side by side it’s a little sobering. (Thanks A1X) Doesn’t feel like we’ve made as much of a leap as I thought. We’ve done step 1 and become harder to beat. Is that enough for me? Probably not. I guess GP has time to sort it out, as he should, but come the end of the season, will TB be happy with the progress? I’d imagine he’d give him another season.

Potter 92 games
22 wins
36 draws
34 losses

Win - 23.91%
Draw - 39.13%
Loss - 36.96%

Hughton 76 games
18 wins
22 draws
36 losses

Win - 23.68%
Draw - 28.94%
Loss - 47.37%

I make that:
Potter 102 points from 92 games: 1.11 points per game
Hughton 76 points from 76 games: 1ppg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To add, the football was really bad last night. We never looked like scoring and that’s the worry…didn’t lay a glove on Wolves.

If Lamptey hadn’t been playing I think most ppl, including players on the pitch, may have fallen asleep before full time. We are desperately bad and repeating same old mistakes over and over again. We’ve been here before.

I’m potter in but he needs to have a serious think about how to turn this around. We don’t need any history lessons either.

Yes, the football was crap and overall it was a poor game of football, but you’re being a bit short sighted claiming we didn’t lay a glove on them and that they should have had 4. Neither team really created much, but we did miss our obligatory open goal. If it had ended 1-0 to us I doubt Wolves could have had too many complaints, also worth acknowledging that our squad is desperately limited at the moment.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Potter 92 games
22 wins
36 draws
34 losses

Win - 23.91%
Draw - 39.13%
Loss - 36.96%

Hughton 76 games
18 wins
22 draws
36 losses

Win - 23.68%
Draw - 28.94%
Loss - 47.37%

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

gradual change.png

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Agree with most of that but it was in GP's control to decide what striking resources he started the season with. It was GP that decided we didn't need Tau, Zeqiri, Andone or AJ but that we did need to keep Locadia. In hindsight those decisions have proved disastrous. I doubt any of us would have retained Locadia ahead of AJ or Zeqiri in particular. But then we "don't see Locadia in training" :D

Essentially we don't see anything that goes on behind closed doors. I suspect wages and contract details were a big factor on who goes and who stays too.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Bloom could argue that he has to work with some impossible fans meaning he might not want to spend endless money to please people would never be pleased. So the small but loud group of moaners has to carry the can too. Out of pure love he bought you a stadium, invested enough to get you in the PL and keep you there... what does he get in return? Silence for 90 minutes followed by boos and the usual demands for more toys you can moan about. No shit he's not too keen on spending another fortune. When clubs win it is always "the fans are the club", when clubs lose it is always "the club needs to do more to make fans happy".

[emoji23]what a load of Bollox ,he’s the one that states he wants top ten not me . Look at all the threads after the game this week I suggest you are the minority.
No goals from midfield
What to do with Connolly
We need a striker
Potter out
Can’t beat bottom three teams
No win in 11
The list is growing
But you carry on sitting at home typing [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk loop

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[emoji23]what a load of Bollox ,he’s the one that states he wants top ten not me . Look at all the threads after the game this week I suggest you are the minority.
No goals from midfield
What to do with Connolly
We need a striker
Potter out
No win in 11
The list is growing

I think this is where the bollocks is, shouting loudly and appearing only when things aren’t going well does not make you one of the majority.

You have tempted me to post a Potter In/Out poll to prove the point but I have banned myself from posting them by public demand :smile:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No goals from midfield
What to do with Connolly
We need a striker
Potter out
No win in 11
The list is growing

No it’s not. I agree with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]. Empty vessels make the most noise.

We had a bad result with a seriously depleted team having had a postponement request turned down. All three of our principal central defenders out. Our main striking threat out.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I think this is where the bollocks is, shouting loudly and appearing only when things aren’t going well does not make you one of the majority.

You have tempted me to post a Potter In/Out poll to prove the point but I have banned myself from posting them by public demand :smile:

If u think nsc is the majority in any poll then .. never mind
Merry Xmas though icy

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No it’s not. I agree with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]. Empty vessels make the most noise.

We had a bad result with a seriously depleted team having had a postponement request turned down. All three of our principal central defenders out. Our main striking threat out.

Three home wins a season in nearly five seasons
How many bottom three teams I that time of playing have we beat ? One ?
“Empty vessels make the most noise [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Not the other night it didn’t

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, the football was crap and overall it was a poor game of football, but you’re being a bit short sighted claiming we didn’t lay a glove on them and that they should have had 4. Neither team really created much, but we did miss our obligatory open goal. If it had ended 1-0 to us I doubt Wolves could have had too many complaints, also worth acknowledging that our squad is desperately limited at the moment.

Well l honestly thought Wolves could have scored four, they certainly had the chances to do so. What did we create? almost nothing is the answer, save that shot from Solly March in the first half which wastefully went high and wide when he should at least have worked their goalkeeper. In the second half l don't even remember their keeper having to make a save.

Our starting eleven was a lot stronger than l feared it would be, with none of the expected youngsters in the line up, the only real changes were the lack of Maupay up front, and Burn and Veltman playing as centre backs. We really should have performed much better.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bloom could argue that he has to work with some impossible fans meaning he might not want to spend endless money to please people would never be pleased. So the small but loud group of moaners has to carry the can too. Out of pure love he bought you a stadium, invested enough to get you in the PL and keep you there... what does he get in return? Silence for 90 minutes followed by boos and the usual demands for more toys you can moan about. No shit he's not too keen on spending another fortune. When clubs win it is always "the fans are the club", when clubs lose it is always "the club needs to do more to make fans happy".

Don’t make the mistake of thinking the handful of negative attention seekers on here are representative of our fan base. You have never been to a Brighton game. If/when you do you will see thousands of people behind the team. They would never consider booing. We have just two ‘supporters’ sitting near us who criticize. They and their lack of football knowledge are a standing joke. Sure there are people in the ground who don’t really support the club. After all our core support is really about 10 to 15000. The moaning on here though is mainly a small group of people happy to feel justified in previously expressed negativity. The reality is that back in October we were watching the best football Brighton have ever played. I go into a coma for a couple of months and apparently we are now shit. To me it seems like some sort of surreal film. Tony and his investment are appreciated by the vast majority of people who go to games and he knows it.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

Imbecile! At least 8 players from the squad out and playing in one of the toughest ,if not THE toughest,league in the world.The club aren't in the 'Prem by invitation but on merit. Where do you expect us to be position wise and exactly what tactics would you employ. Sometimes the opposition dictate how we play and at least half of the current league will and can do exactly this. Are you advocating a gung-ho ,throw everything at the opposition?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well l honestly thought Wolves could have scored four, they certainly had the chances to do so. What did we create? almost nothing is the answer, save that shot from Solly March in the first half which wastefully went high and wide when he should at least have worked their goalkeeper. In the second half l don't even remember their keeper having to make a save.

Our starting eleven was a lot stronger than l feared it would be, with none of the expected youngsters in the line up, the only real changes were the lack of Maupay up front, and Burn and Veltman playing as centre backs. We really should have performed much better.

I didn't think they laid a glove on us until they scored. A goal actually that was a direct result of our absentees as I don't think we concede that with Dunk and/or Webster organising. We then went down the other end and inexplicably missed another sitter / open goal. It is incredible that happened again. Equalising so quickly just before HT would have changed the 2nd half.

As it was, we came out a bit all over the shop, and yes they caught us on the break a few times, but I thought some of our play was decent second half - not manifesting shots from great areas is really a direct result of our striking options. There were plenty of nearly moments. Wolves were hanging on for a period. Our threats from set pieces; Dunk, Duffy, Webster all out. Maupay, Welbeck out. Gross a key set piece taker out. You cannot rip that much out of our squad and expect it to be raining goals are all under control for 90mins. I agree that we could have performed better in the final 3rd, and we really should have tested their keeper more, but we are struggling when we field an XI from our best 12 or 13 players, missing 6 or so of them and expectations have to adjust accordingly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Imbecile! At least 8 players from the squad out and playing in one of the toughest ,if not THE toughest,league in the world.The club aren't in the 'Prem by invitation but on merit. Where do you expect us to be position wise and exactly what tactics would you employ. Sometimes the opposition dictate how we play and at least half of the current league will and can do exactly this. Are you advocating a gung-ho ,throw everything at the opposition?

Anyone watching on Wednesday surely witnessed the depth of the 2 squads when Wolves bought on Traore as their first substitute.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Anyone expecting Solly to work the keeper really hasn't been paying attention, but beyond that spot on.

Dunno who MotM was but I assume it was Sanchez, that's never a good look for the home side.

I'll say one thing for GPott he knows how to lose - ugly.

This league run goes back to palace.
So that's 11 games and 1 highlight - Liverpool away.

11 winless fixtures is bad, very bad.

But for the love of God throw in a 2-3 or some thing.

Why do 10 of the 11 have to be exactly the same.
But not only that they must be exactly the same as pretty much all his other loses.

'still there now and wouldn't score'.
'gave the ball away cheaply'.
'Sanchez saved the scoreline'.
'subs didn't make sense'.

Shirley at some point even our emotionally intelligent manager has to think 'i need to mix this up a bit'.

Or do we have to wait until the opposition play rush goalie, for the penny to drop?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Can’t be @rsed to read the whole thread, but to the OP…….
Ya mental mate !

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter didn’t take the club to the PL :shrug:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Even the most bland of teams in this league seemingly have more pace, muscle and attacking threat than we do....sure we play some decent footy at times, sure we have a fairly robust defence, even shorn of our best defenders our shape is functional.... but you simply cannot, assuming you have two functioning eyes and a handful of brain cells, offer up the view that we are carrying two or three of our attacking players.... March and Connolly are not the answer.... Cucurella needs quality and pace in front of him... we need at least two additional goalscoring options in support of Wellbeck and Maupay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here