Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

RonGiffo7

Jul 26, 2021
lol

Attachments

• index889.jpg
    index889.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 151

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Don’t make the mistake of thinking the handful of negative attention seekers on here are representative of our fan base. You have never been to a Brighton game. If/when you do you will see thousands of people behind the team. They would never consider booing. We have just two ‘supporters’ sitting near us who criticize. They and their lack of football knowledge are a standing joke. Sure there are people in the ground who don’t really support the club. After all our core support is really about 10 to 15000. The moaning on here though is mainly a small group of people happy to feel justified in previously expressed negativity. The reality is that back in October we were watching the best football Brighton have ever played. I go into a coma for a couple of months and apparently we are now shit. To me it seems like some sort of surreal film. Tony and his investment are appreciated by the vast majority of people who go to games and he knows it.

Let’s see how many of the 30,000 seats are occupied by “ the thousands of fans “ that are supportive of the club on Boxing Day
For the record I’ll be there but of our 8 ,6 not going and one of the reasons are fed up with the same old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone expecting Solly to work the keeper really hasn't been paying attention, but beyond that spot on.

Dunno who MotM was but I assume it was Sanchez, that's never a good look for the home side.

I'll say one thing for GPott he knows how to lose - ugly.

This league run goes back to palace.
So that's 11 games and 1 highlight - Liverpool away.

11 winless fixtures is bad, very bad.

But for the love of God throw in a 2-3 or some thing.

Why do 10 of the 11 have to be exactly the same.
But not only that they must be exactly the same as pretty much all his other loses.

'still there now and wouldn't score'.
'gave the ball away cheaply'.
'Sanchez saved the scoreline'.
'subs didn't make sense'.

Shirley at some point even our emotionally intelligent manager has to think 'i need to mix this up a bit'.

Or do we have to wait until the opposition play rush goalie, for the penny to drop?

Seems more like three years, than the three months since that last victory against Leicester. :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't think they laid a glove on us until they scored. A goal actually that was a direct result of our absentees as I don't think we concede that with Dunk and/or Webster organising. We then went down the other end and inexplicably missed another sitter / open goal. It is incredible that happened again. Equalising so quickly just before HT would have changed the 2nd half.

As it was, we came out a bit all over the shop, and yes they caught us on the break a few times, but I thought some of our play was decent second half - not manifesting shots from great areas is really a direct result of our striking options. There were plenty of nearly moments. Wolves were hanging on for a period. Our threats from set pieces; Dunk, Duffy, Webster all out. Maupay, Welbeck out. Gross a key set piece taker out. You cannot rip that much out of our squad and expect it to be raining goals are all under control for 90mins. I agree that we could have performed better in the final 3rd, and we really should have tested their keeper more, but we are struggling when we field an XI from our best 12 or 13 players, missing 6 or so of them and expectations have to adjust accordingly.

I think that a great deal of the hand wrininging is because deep down we expect the Albion to be shit. We are in the top flight and shouldn't be. When we go on a horrible run it simply confirms our worst fears.

Step back from that and what have we got? Five years in the top flight and no improvements.

No I said step back. What have we got? Currently 13th and going through a 'can't win' run that included a 2-2 draw away at Liverpool. A well-regarded manager. And hope.

Cast the inferiority complex aside. We deserve to be where we are, and we have hope. It is a long time since we would fight fight fight for the Albion till we win Division Three. ???

All we need now is a couple of decent strikers (there I said it, but with my bed still dry) and a bit more luck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"We are top of the league
Say we are top of the league"

[tweet]1471817307722817544[/tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let’s see how many of the 30,000 seats are occupied by “ the thousands of fans “ that are supportive of the club on Boxing Day
For the record I’ll be there but of our 8 ,6 not going and one of the reasons are fed up with the same old

And I completely understand your sentiments. My point was more in response to Swansman’s implied accusation that BHA fans are in some way ungrateful to Tony. That I do take exception to. For those like you that are fed up with GP though, please remember that he has turned things around before. In those never ending in/out polls this time last year I voted out in one of them. I was fed up but changed my mind because he kept us up and had us playing sublime football at the beginning of this season. If he was capable of doing those things before then he can do it again. I’m not one of the Olive Branch Potter cult brigade. I don’t support him and didn’t support any of the previous managers either. Just like players they come and they go. I support BHAFC and that’s all. I just happen to think he is the best man for the job and will start getting results again. Keep the faith as Mickey used to say.

bright265

Nov 27, 2021
I think people overrate the squad, to be honest, which is raising people's expectations too much. It isn't all 'that' good.

There are plenty of teams with better players than we have in the Premier League. I actually don't think our squad is much better than relegation level.

The attack is one of the worst in the Premier League, and, in the end, scoring goals is the main objective of football. You will always be risking losing games if you do not have players that can score.

I don't see how changing the manager will suddenly make our goal scorers better at hitting the target. The same problems will always be there until a signing is made, and people need to accept that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nobody could ever accuse me of being #teampotter, but on this occasion I reckon OP stands guilty of kicking a bang average man while he's down. GP's options were horribly ravaged due a near-perfick storm of covid, injuries and suspensions. Given a normal rub of the green, Traoré stays on the bench for the first hour and Mwepu doesn't Do A Maupay and balloon the ball over the bar from a yard out. Just about everything that could 'of' gone wrong did go wrong. Maybe the wall-to-wall postponements might allow us to limp through to January with a small uncomfortable cushion of damage limitation. But a major reset is definitely required to prevent it all ending in tears. ÌMHO, like

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don’t think the Boxing Day attendance can be used as a decent measure of disaffection with our play/form……..wait for a 3pm Saturday ko……

Oh. ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well l honestly thought Wolves could have scored four, they certainly had the chances to do so. What did we create? almost nothing is the answer, save that shot from Solly March in the first half which wastefully went high and wide when he should at least have worked their goalkeeper. In the second half l don't even remember their keeper having to make a save.

Our starting eleven was a lot stronger than l feared it would be, with none of the expected youngsters in the line up, the only real changes were the lack of Maupay up front, and Burn and Veltman playing as centre backs. We really should have performed much better.

Their xG was 1.12... it is quite unusual to score four goals then.

Ah, right, some Brighton fans actually think teams score 90% of their chances because they only look at Match of the Day...

0-1 was a fair result. Not a good performance.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Three home wins a season in nearly five seasons
How many bottom three teams I that time of playing have we beat ? One ?
“Empty vessels make the most noise [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Not the other night it didn’t

Had we had our full complement of defenders and Maupay, maybe we would actually have won on Wednesday night and started a winning run…… then again, maybe not.

We have beaten all the top teams in the division in those five seasons except Chelsea. Only a few weeks ago we had a great comeback at Anfield and could/should have won.

I think the Potter out stance is ridiculous at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had we had our full complement of defenders and Maupay, maybe we would actually have won on Wednesday night and started a winning run…… then again, maybe not.

We have beaten all the top teams in the division in those five seasons except Chelsea. Only a few weeks ago we had a great comeback at Anfield and could/should have won.

I think the Potter out stance is ridiculous at the moment.

As ridiculous as it is, it's just a shame GPott makes it so easy for the narrative to exist.

Not helped by the swooning fanboys all losing their collective shite, the moment someone without an axe to grind, points to some reality.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As ridiculous as it is, it's just a shame GPott makes it so easy for the narrative to exist.

Not helped by the swooning fanboys all losing their collective shite, the moment someone without an axe to grind, points to some reality.

If you think you are someone pointing out the reality, you're wrong. If you think you're the guy who talks all the way through the movie in the cinema because people are interested in something other than you, you're right.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And I completely understand your sentiments. My point was more in response to Swansman’s implied accusation that BHA fans are in some way ungrateful to Tony. That I do take exception to. For those like you that are fed up with GP though, please remember that he has turned things around before. In those never ending in/out polls this time last year I voted out in one of them. I was fed up but changed my mind because he kept us up and had us playing sublime football at the beginning of this season. If he was capable of doing those things before then he can do it again. I’m not one of the Olive Branch Potter cult brigade. I don’t support him and didn’t support any of the previous managers either. Just like players they come and they go. I support BHAFC and that’s all. I just happen to think he is the best man for the job and will start getting results again. Keep the faith as Mickey used to say.

You really don't want to sweat anything that Swanny says. Many of his comments are made from a position of total ignorance. He isn't a BHAFC supporter in his heart, he hasn't even been to a game. He might have read about our history but he can't understand it if he isn't a supporter and didn't experience it.

No BHAFC supporter is ungrateful to Mr Chairman for his investment and where he has taken the club. Only an "outsider" like Swansman would suggest that.

I think GP has something about him. I think he totally messed up the striker cadre at the start of this season and binned off the wrong players whilst retaining two that we pretty much knew weren't up to it. Far too early to be calling for his head but he has got to find a different way of doing it, because this way isn't working. Whether it is mixing up the selections, finding a new style of play, recalling Andone :)D). There has to be a better way.

In some aspects the way we are playing now is not too dissimilar to the last couple of seasons of Chris Hughton; turgid, unadventurous and, well, boring football. Mr Chairman didn't like that....and the rest is history.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Their xG was 1.12... it is quite unusual to score four goals then.

Ah, right, some Brighton fans actually think teams score 90% of their chances because they only look at Match of the Day...

0-1 was a fair result. Not a good performance.

You were there to witness it were you? No l didn't think so.

I said Wolves COULD have scored four, I know that they are as wasteful in front of goal as we are.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well l honestly thought Wolves could have scored four, they certainly had the chances to do so. What did we create? almost nothing is the answer, save that shot from Solly March in the first half which wastefully went high and wide when he should at least have worked their goalkeeper. In the second half l don't even remember their keeper having to make a save.

Our starting eleven was a lot stronger than l feared it would be, with none of the expected youngsters in the line up, the only real changes were the lack of Maupay up front, and Burn and Veltman playing as centre backs. We really should have performed much better.

I suppose there probably isn’t a definitive right or wrong answer to this debate, but I do feel there’s a possibility that judgements are being clouded somewhat by our continued lack of goals, poor results and lack of wins. We all know we can’t shoot for shite, but we were still getting into areas to create chances, a quick glance at the stats shows we had an XG of 1.77 compared to Wolves’ 0.94. As expected, we created some chances but did diddly squat with them, whereas Wolves hit the target 4 times and scored once. Sanchez made a couple of routine saves as, apart from the goal, all of their shots were pretty much straight at him, they were saves you’d expect him to make.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here