Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really don't want to sweat anything that Swanny says. Many of his comments are made from a position of total ignorance. He isn't a BHAFC supporter in his heart, he hasn't even been to a game. He might have read about our history but he can't understand it if he isn't a supporter and didn't experience it.

No BHAFC supporter is ungrateful to Mr Chairman for his investment and where he has taken the club. Only an "outsider" like Swansman would suggest that.

I think GP has something about him. I think he totally messed up the striker cadre at the start of this season and binned off the wrong players whilst retaining two that we pretty much knew weren't up to it. Far too early to be calling for his head but he has got to find a different way of doing it, because this way isn't working. Whether it is mixing up the selections, finding a new style of play, recalling Andone :)D). There has to be a better way.

In some aspects the way we are playing now is not too dissimilar to the last couple of seasons of Chris Hughton; turgid, unadventurous and, well, boring football. Mr Chairman didn't like that....and the rest is history.

Disagree. Plenty of ungratefulness towards Tony Bloom here. Of course, it is taboo so people wont say it out loud, but it doesnt change the fact. Takes you to the entertainment park where you always wanted to go and you cry because you're not at Disneyworld = ungratefulness. Buys you a ton of shiny toys and you cry because they are not more shiny = ungratefulness. Plenty of people have also outright said that they would gladly take a different owner if it means more investment and better results.

Think Tony is looking forward to when the generation of people cruising through life sods off to wherever-you-go-next and gets replaced by a new generation who through their experience of hardship have a more appreciative and realistic view on things.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You were there to witness it were you? No l didn't think so.

I said Wolves COULD have scored four, I know that they are as wasteful in front of goal as we are.

No the game was on TV though.

Ok, sure. They COULD have scored "unless...". Same goes for Brighton, COULD have scored four "unless..:"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you think you are someone pointing out the reality, you're wrong. If you think you're the guy who talks all the way through the movie in the cinema because people are interested in something other than you, you're right.

15 years without a relegation. 5 consecutive years in the top flight. People have a right to be upset, bad things should have happened by now!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Disagree. Plenty of ungratefulness towards Tony Bloom here. Of course, it is taboo so people wont say it out loud, but it doesnt change the fact. Takes you to the entertainment park where you always wanted to go and you cry because you're not at Disneyworld = ungratefulness. Buys you a ton of shiny toys and you cry because they are not more shiny = ungratefulness. Plenty of people have also outright said that they would gladly take a different owner if it means more investment and better results.

Think Tony is looking forward to when the generation of people cruising through life sods off to wherever-you-go-next and gets replaced by a new generation who through their experience of hardship have a more appreciative and realistic view on things.

You can disagree all you want but you’re wrong and your whole post shows just how little you know about Brighton, our fan base, our history and Tony Bloom for that matter.

Show us examples of plenty of people saying they’d take a new owner, and I don’t mean just one or two posts on here, which is a tiny percentage of our overall support, which would have been said in the heat of a moment.

We were grateful to Dick Knight for bringing us back to Brighton, for giving us the glory of back to back championships but that didn’t mean we couldn’t voice our disapproval of how rubbish we were under Martin Hinselwood or being disappointed with how Micky Adams second spell in charge went.

It’s the same now, people are annoyed at GP and Tony Bloom because we care, we care in a way that someone living hundreds of miles away and wouldn’t have been able to point to Brighton on a map before May 2019 could never ever understand.

This is our club, it will be long after Potter is in another job, we will still be annoyed at the next manager and the one after that, and the one after that too, but that is our right as football fans because we care and love our club. There isn’t a Brighton fan around who doesn’t love Tony Bloom for what he’s done for this club, we may not always agree with his decisions, some of us may get angry and wish he’d splash a ton of money on a new striker, but those frustrations are born from our love of the club and the passion and the frustration that comes from being a football fan.

I’d compare it to marriage but with football there is no divorce. It’s is for life.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I think you missed the bit where he stated that being a regular top ten team, starting now, is HIS ambition for the club :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you missed the bit where he stated that being a regular top ten team, starting now, is HIS ambition for the club :facepalm:

I'm not sure it is from 'now' - it is the 'long term ambition'

'Looking ahead
Our main priority for the 2020/21 season is to remain in the Premier League. We will also be looking to make progress on our longer-term aim of establishing the club in the top ten of the Premier League, in line with the vision we outlined in the summer of 2019.

Our vision is to be a top-ten Premier League club, and a top-four club in the Women's Super League.

We will achieve this by working together with smart recruitment in all areas, a productive academy, world-class facilities, and a sustainable budget - underpinned by our core values and supported by our fantastic fans and world class partners.

It is a bit sad that an ambition of our chairman is used to beat him with a stick on any occasion (not aimed at you)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not sure it is from 'now' - it is the 'long term ambition'

'Looking ahead
Our main priority for the 2020/21 season is to remain in the Premier League. We will also be looking to make progress on our longer-term aim of establishing the club in the top ten of the Premier League, in line with the vision we outlined in the summer of 2019.

Our vision is to be a top-ten Premier League club, and a top-four club in the Women's Super League.

We will achieve this by working together with smart recruitment in all areas, a productive academy, world-class facilities, and a sustainable budget - underpinned by our core values and supported by our fantastic fans and world class partners.

It is a bit sad that an ambition of our chairman is used to beat him with a stick on any occasion (not aimed at you)

I'm sure there was a quote at the end of last season about needing a higher points and place finish this season to show we were well on the way to top ten. No idea if I'll find it but I might have a look later.

It shouldn't be a stick to beat him with though. As the post a couple before mine says football fans can appreciate the overall man in charge while still getting a little annoyed with coaches or players. If I have a frustration with that ambition it's frustration FOR TB and not WITH him - that we forever seem to take two steps forward and two back with regards to the next level, just as we "nearly" got promoted from the Championship so many times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure there was a quote at the end of last season about needing a higher points and place finish this season to show we were well on the way to top ten. No idea if I'll find it but I might have a look later.

It shouldn't be a stick to beat him with though. As the post a couple before mine says football fans can appreciate the overall man in charge while still getting a little annoyed with coaches or players. If I have a frustration with that ambition it's frustration FOR TB and not WITH him - that we forever seem to take two steps forward and two back with regards to the next level, just as we "nearly" got promoted from the Championship so many times.
Missing out on promotion by 2 goals.

Thank God that's been redressed! :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I suppose there probably isn’t a definite right or wrong answer to this debate, but I do feel there’s a possibility that judgements are being clouded somewhat by our continued lack of goals, poor results and lack of wins. We all know we can’t shoot for shite, but we were still getting into areas to create chances, a quick glance at the stats shows we had an XG of 1.77 compared to Wolves’ 0.94. As expected, we created some chances but did diddly squat with them, whereas Wolves hit the target 4 times and scored once. Sanchez made a couple of routine saves as, apart from the goal, all of their shots were pretty much straight at him, they were saves you’d expect him to make.

You're right, supporters are letting those three small incidentals skew their judgement of footballing matters.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Some people want to try looking below us in the table. I’m not sure that any of those are likely to be pulling up any trees in their up coming fixtures if their past performance is anything to go by. Also the constant manager merry go round of those teams doesnt appear to have had much effect on their fortunes either

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You can disagree all you want but you’re wrong and your whole post shows just how little you know about Brighton, our fan base, our history and Tony Bloom for that matter.

Show us examples of plenty of people saying they’d take a new owner, and I don’t mean just one or two posts on here, which is a tiny percentage of our overall support, which would have been said in the heat of a moment.

We were grateful to Dick Knight for bringing us back to Brighton, for giving us the glory of back to back championships but that didn’t mean we couldn’t voice our disapproval of how rubbish we were under Martin Hinselwood or being disappointed with how Micky Adams second spell in charge went.

It’s the same now, people are annoyed at GP and Tony Bloom because we care, we care in a way that someone living hundreds of miles away and wouldn’t have been able to point to Brighton on a map before May 2019 could never ever understand.

This is our club, it will be long after Potter is in another job, we will still be annoyed at the next manager and the one after that, and the one after that too, but that is our right as football fans because we care and love our club. There isn’t a Brighton fan around who doesn’t love Tony Bloom for what he’s done for this club, we may not always agree with his decisions, some of us may get angry and wish he’d splash a ton of money on a new striker, but those frustrations are born from our love of the club and the passion and the frustration that comes from being a football fan.

I’d compare it to marriage but with football there is no divorce. It’s is for life.
It’s pointless when someone likes football but not a fan of one club where a win or even a goal means everything at different times. The highs the lows laughing crying anger, if someone hasn’t experienced it they will never get it. The post is bullshit anyway Tony is held back quite often from others at the club from overspending on players he wants to watch at our club and that is straight from the horses mouth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t make the mistake of thinking the handful of negative attention seekers on here are representative of our fan base. You have never been to a Brighton game. If/when you do you will see thousands of people behind the team. They would never consider booing. We have just two ‘supporters’ sitting near us who criticize. They and their lack of football knowledge are a standing joke. Sure there are people in the ground who don’t really support the club. After all our core support is really about 10 to 15000. The moaning on here though is mainly a small group of people happy to feel justified in previously expressed negativity. The reality is that back in October we were watching the best football Brighton have ever played. I go into a coma for a couple of months and apparently we are now shit. To me it seems like some sort of surreal film. Tony and his investment are appreciated by the vast majority of people who go to games and he knows it.

Don't do that again, OK? ???

:wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Great post. :thumbsup:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It’s pointless when someone likes football but not a fan of one club where a win or even a goal means everything at different times. The highs the lows laughing crying anger, if someone hasn’t experienced it they will never get it. The post is bullshit anyway Tony is held back quite often from others at the club from overspending on players he wants to watch at our club and that is straight from the horses mouth.

Is he on the record as saying that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here