Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair do's.

We (many of us) are looking at similar glasses with a similar amount of water in.
We're just looking at the very differently. :lol:

I don't believe those that think (thought) the glass was empty have any credibility.
The same for those that think the glass run'th over.

Irrespective of the score the Chelsea game was 'the' game.
40+ years of watching the Albion told me their second goal was coming in the 79th minute.

It didn't.

The right substitutions were made at the right time (not hindsight) and the team got their goal.

We differ in that I don't believe many of the opposition teams in that run could have laid a glove on the team that played in the last two and a half games (2nd half v Brentford notwithstanding)

but that's Coolio!

On your last point I agree, but mainly because everything was there in that poor run other than believing we could score. Now we seem to have realised that, and my feeling is we could repeat say Arsenal, Leeds and Newcastle minute for minute in performance terms and we’d be taking at least 2 of the many chances - but that is my point really, they weren’t performances to feel we were in any kind of trouble, they were performances that just needed us to believe in ourselves in front of goal.

And so suddenly from Maupay missing tap-ins, he’s scoring worldies and his game all round has just flourished, Trossard remembered he is allowed to hit the target, and now that juice has infected MacA and Dan Burn. Now it’s hypothetical as I can’t know, but our management of Maupay and MacA appears to have reaped results. Both taken out of the firing line, both perhaps shown the weight of the world isn’t on their shoulders and this team can play without them, and they’re both back and who wouldn’t have them as first names on the team sheet right now?

Just need someone to pass the magic juice to Lallana now! :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On your last point I agree, but mainly because everything was there in that poor run other than believing we could score. Now we seem to have realised that, and my feeling is we could repeat say Arsenal, Leeds and Newcastle minute for minute in performance terms and we’d be taking at least 2 of the many chances - but that is my point really, they weren’t performances to feel we were in any kind of trouble, they were performances that just needed us to believe in ourselves in front of goal.

And so suddenly from Maupay missing tap-ins, he’s scoring worldies and his game all round has just flourished, Trossard remembered he is allowed to hit the target, and now that juice has infected MacA and Dan Burn. Now it’s hypothetical as I can’t know, but our management of Maupay and MacA appears to have reaped results. Both taken out of the firing line, both perhaps shown the weight of the world isn’t on their shoulders and this team can play without them, and they’re both back and who wouldn’t have them as first names on the team sheet right now?
How many more olive branches do I have to hand out!!

I don't think the team could.
The worst games of drawmagendon were so ponderous.
Their defending was as easy as 'just jog back into position'.
I think the boys getting their shots away are doing so now because they have that fraction of space afforded to them by the opposition not being set.
As well as confidence and good management.

Just need someone to pass the magic juice to Lallana now! :lolol:

Jeeeez on Sunday the fella had 2 shots on target and scored one goal.
What more do you want?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How many more olive branches do I have to hand out!!

I don't think the team could.
The worst games of drawmagendon were so ponderous.
Their defending was as easy as 'just jog back into position'.
I think the boys getting their shots away are doing so now because they have that fraction of space afforded to them by the opposition not being set.
As well as confidence and good management.

Jeeeez on Sunday the fella had 2 shots on target and scored one goal.
What more do you want?

:lolol:

I don’t need olives I need you enjoying your just over half a pint left! :cheers:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

MEGALOLz and that :lolol: :dunce:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't believe he started a thread asking if there was any spare tickets for the utd game.

Closet Utd I say. Why would you pay money to watch a sh1t3 potter team that you only see the negatives (not many) but not the positives (Loads).

Either that or Bloom/Barber have done something seriously wrong to him in the past.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The team has certainly played differently since.

As said earlier with what's to come it's going to be intriguing.

I find it hard to believe we'll return to Dunk - Duffy - Dunk - Sanchez - Dunk...

In injury time of a 0-0 game with no previous shots on goal.

With those that are left standing behind Dunk wildly gesticulating towards the South Stand.

But as the likes of [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] point out, we have previous and those recent memories need to be vanquished.

The passage of play leading up to Maupay’s goal on Saturday is interesting :lolol:

4529BA6D-534C-4480-87FA-8BDAF28D4CA7.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He really isn't. :lolol:

He enjoys winding Nsc up. It's that simple.

He's not very good at it then because, speaking from experience, I'm not wound up, I just think he comes across as a right chump!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course they are, which is why he laughs when there are over 700 replies.

Has everyone forgotten how Ernest used to wind people up?

Ernest was often funny with his wind ups, you do him a disservice comparing it to Junior’s rubbish.

I’m sure he’s pleased to have one fan though :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here