[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

:lolol:

tekkers.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Potter got it all wrong today, we're not supposed to win at Goodison much like we aren't supposed to take any points at Stanford Bridge - has anyone taught him about the history of the club FFS

Totally this.

Got the selection completely wrong as we never normally can score even 1, to get 3 away and outdo the XG stats proves he's clearly out of his depth.

This isn't the Swedish 4th tier, he needs to go

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Just seen the script for motd
Apparently Everton were not in form and gifted us the points
Soon pottters luck will run out and he will be found out.

Bring back hyppia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen the script for motd
Apparently Everton were not in form and gifted us the points
Soon pottters luck will run out and he will be found out.

Bring back hyppia.

More likely all about Everton and their woes, I wonder if Lineker will even say the word Brighton in the coverage

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great feeling innit :goal:

Hopefully a start of things to come in 2022!

Fair play to you for coming back on this thread. :clap2:

IMHO, this outlook suits you far better than what came before.

And at least we can all agree with you here.:smile:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think he is a bit of a genius, or maybe a maverick, or maybe a bit of both. English football has been plagued by pragmatism at the highest level, Allerdyce, Dyche, Bruce, Hughes, Pardew, Pulis, Warnock, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, they don’t like it up ‘em. I’m not saying he’s a genius in a sense he can produce miracles, I mean in a sense he’s taken an okay team at this level and has them playing the sort of football played by the last few champions. Most look at Guardiola and think you can only do that with a Barca, Bayern or City, or Klopp at Liverpool, but Potter is doing it with a side of limited talent compared to those contemporaries. It hasn’t yielded hallowed ground, but he has yielded a Brighton side that attacks and looks to win every game it competes in. Of course it doesn’t always come off, and sometimes it doesn’t end well, but the flexibility of tactics, it’s progressive football not slave to traditional formations, but more fluid, a sense of transitions constantly through the team as a game unfolds.

He’s not unique of course, but it’s a very adventurous approach with a team typically eat marked to be in a relegation scrap. I really enjoy watching us play, the dynamics involved, I like everyone wish we scored a few more goals, but that seems to be be coming a bit more.

liquid football! :cool:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just found this gif on a Newcastle forum and wanted somewhere to use it - where better than this thread?

jimmy.gif

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] - record for the calendar year. Neutral goal difference. Only 12 defeats in 39 games. Honestly, where is this awful you talk about? What are you looking for to just let go of this stubborn view Potter might not be the real deal?

Apologies for being so tardy in my response time Bold.

I think the 'awful' (and apologies if this was taken as a suggestion that the football is awful as it is not) relates to the play with no end product. Again, I'll reiterate that I'm in no way calling for Potter's head here, although last season when I saw no results and the Albion sinking towards the relegation zone I will entirely admit that I voted for Potter to go - and every time it was with reluctance and based upon results.

In this thread you'll see that I've been balanced and stated that it was, and has been, worrying at times in that we've gone through significant patches where we've been unable to press an advantage home. At the end of the day this is a results business and when there's a significant patch where results don't come then it can be seen as poor management.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
MOTD 2 spent the analysis entirely focusing on Potter and his tactics.

They did, It was a surprise to me. I was expecting Lineker who always appears reluctant to heap praise (not that I watch too often). Ex Everton too, hence my expectations, but he wasn’t on :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They did, It was a surprise to me. I was expecting Lineker who always appears reluctant to heap praise (not that I watch too often). Ex Everton too, hence my expectations, but he wasn’t on :shrug:

are you going to celebrate with a poll, icy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports