[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, he did let a 2 goal lead slip a couple of times which made it nervous viewing in the closing stages. Pep might have been a bit more clinical, although he has a bit more money at his disposal:rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Potter's squad rotation has been exceptional over the seasonal fixtures. Not only that but he usually outwits the opposition manager and has justed bested Champions League winners Tuchel and Benitez in the tactical department in less than a week.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Potter got it all wrong today, we're not supposed to win at Goodison much like we aren't supposed to take any points at Stanford Bridge - has anyone taught him about the history of the club FFS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Potter got it all wrong today, we're not supposed to win at Goodison much like we aren't supposed to take any points at Stanford Bridge - has anyone taught him about the history of the club FFS

Trouble is, I bet Everton come for him……..

Though he’d have been less than impressed with
Their fans reaction today…..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Why would he go there? I don't see he has much to work with, or much cash left in the pot since they spunked it all on binners. And they have a new stadium to finance. We are already 8th, Everton will take years to break into the top 6 now Arteta and Conte are improving Spurs and Arsenal.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Agreed but I think Everton are such a short term club, I'm sure they'll bin Benitez off soon but would Potter go there for a 6-8 month stint? Can't see it. The one I'm most worried about is Leicester as they're fairly patient with managers and have a good squad which GP would improve - if Rodgers moves on/gets sacked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, he did let a 2 goal lead slip a couple of times which made it nervous viewing in the closing stages. Pep might have been a bit more clinical, although he has a bit more money at his disposal:rolleyes:

Im no longer allowed to write words to the effect of 'fudge me Everton were shit that half, I'll be amazed if they continue that badly', for fear of personal attacks.

As it is that was spot on, they weren't.
Got little slices of luck, in the second half, Rondon being one of them!!!

But thankfully they just weren't good enough and Rafa got managed out of the game by GPott.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed but I think Everton are such a short term club, I'm sure they'll bin Benitez off soon but would Potter go there for a 6-8 month stint? Can't see it. The one I'm most worried about is Leicester as they're fairly patient with managers and have a good squad which GP would improve - if Rodgers moves on/gets sacked.

Yes, agree entirely.

He seems a sensible chap as well, so I’m sure he’d weigh things up….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports