Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Glenn Murray is a very good player

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I thought we weren't going to mention him any more?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Mate of mine is good friends with Glenn Murray he never slates the Albion despite the abuse, quiet down to earth bloke and if we had wanted him that much he would have stayed.
He's never celebrated any of his goals against us, that's good enough for me. If he'd have behaved like RVP when he scored against Arsenal then there would be issues, Murray's conducted himself very well. At the end of the day he made a decision based on finances, who can blame him, especially considering how well it's turned out for him.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Interesting stat post by Steve Browett on the BBS.

Glenn has now scored goals in the top 6 leagues of English football…

Conference North - 6
Conference – 2
League Two – 31
League One – 53
Championship – 36
Premier League - 1

And also in the FA Cup, League Cup, FL Trophy and FA Trophy competitions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's never celebrated any of his goals against us, that's good enough for me. If he'd have behaved like RVP when he scored against Arsenal then there would be issues
Oo, I missed RVP celebrating against Arsenal. WTF was that about, he was adored at Arsenal, and treated well?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Palace have scored 21 penalties more than any other prem or leauge side since the start of last season. Two of their players got fined yesterday for trying to win penalties. They are just a bunch of cheating ***** but they can't help it as it's in their DNA.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Conference North - 6
Conference – 2
League Two – 31
League One – 53
Championship – 36
Premier League - 1

To set a record he now needs to score for Palace in The Championship , L1 , L2 , Conference , Conference South in consecutive seasons before he retires. :lol:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Conference North - 6
Conference – 2
League Two – 31
League One – 53
Championship – 36
Premier League - 1

Most are penalties you ****ing idiot. A one legged man could score a pen you bellend.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Palace have scored 21 penalties more than any other prem or leauge side since the start of last season. Two of their players got fined yesterday for trying to win penalties. They are just a bunch of cheating ***** but they can't help it as it's in their DNA.
Did you join this site the day before the play-off semi?

They got fined by the manager. So, that means the club aren't cheats.

****wit.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Did you join this site the day before the play-off semi?

They got fined by the manager. So, that means the club aren't cheats.

****wit.

Brilliant, A new manager decides to play up to the press and impose fines on his diving players, this after nearly two seasons of some of the finest dives from professional footballers you are likely to see and we have a Palace **** claiming because of this they are not cheats!! The hypocrisy from this club from the Chairman Parish, who wanted Ashley Young suspended, down to this fan who after two fines is now pronouncing the club don't cheat is unbelievable. Is Parish going to send out back dated fines to the likes of Zaha for last season now you have this new policy, really laughable.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Brilliant, A new manager decides to play up to the press and impose fines on his diving players, this after nearly two seasons of some of the finest dives from professional footballers you are likely to see and we have a Palace **** claiming because of this they are not cheats!! The hypocrisy from this club from the Chairman Parish, who wanted Ashley Young suspended, down to this fan who after two fines is now pronouncing the club don't cheat is unbelievable. Is Parish going to send out back dated fines to the likes of Zaha for last season now you have this new policy, really laughable.

Brighton players dive too. I presume you get just as wound up when your own players do it?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Brighton players dive too. I presume you get just as wound up when your own players do it?

Actually I do, I hate to see it and well done to Pulis in having a go and doing something about it. Pity he was not your manager last season he would have saved the club a fortune, might not have got promoted mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't actually blame Palace players for diving. Zaha is a very skillful player, who draws defenders into challenges, so he does 'win' penalties. But he does also dive a fair bit. Murray is a diver too. He helped us win promotion with his dives, and he (along with Zaha) did the same for you. If Palace didn't cheat their way to several penalties last season, they wouldn't have gone up. So I'd imagine most Palace fans are pleased their players got away with it so many times.

I put 100% of the blame for diving on FIFA. They make the rules. If I was in charge, players wouldn't dive, because they'd get a lengthy ban each time they did it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oo, I missed RVP celebrating against Arsenal. WTF was that about, he was adored at Arsenal, and treated well?

Yeah, he proper went for it, not as good as Adebayor running the entire length of the pitch, but it was still pretty heart breaking for those hard done by gooners :lol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't actually blame Palace players for diving. Zaha is a very skillful player, who draws defenders into challenges, so he does 'win' penalties. But he does also dive a fair bit. Murray is a diver too. He helped us win promotion with his dives, and he (along with Zaha) did the same for you. If Palace didn't cheat their way to several penalties last season, they wouldn't have gone up. So I'd imagine most Palace fans are pleased their players got away with it so many times.

I put 100% of the blame for diving on FIFA. They make the rules. If I was in charge, players wouldn't dive, because they'd get a lengthy ban each time they did it.

Yep suspensions should carried retrospectively, not just on match day. To try and cheat the ref is probably the worst football sin and incidents should be viewed under the scrutiny of video footage post match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here