Thanks Vicente...... It was an honor

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
you mug lol you know fack all about me, your chip getting bigger?

Take a deep breath old bean and reign in your hatred and paranoia for all rumour doubters. Since when did I suggest I knew anything about you and how do you know I've got a chip on my shoulder?
Start a rumour and prepare for any backlash. Only a chip YOUR size would make someone think their rumour is better than anyone else's

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Tony Bloom didn't seem to know when asked today. Maybe he's not the best of pals with Mrs Vicente and hasn't been down with the chat like a number of online twatterellas claim to be.

:lol: I like this word. I'm going to make an effort to use it in conversation tomorrow :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
"I think we should have a 'Rumour League'. Over the close season, everyone who logs a 'Rumour' has it logged on an official table and scores points if it happens. Be a good way of sifting the 'know alls' from the 'know f+++ alls'. "

Now that I would like to see - excellent idea!
With a ban for those finishing in the bottom three....or everybody but those finishing in the top four, whichever is more desirable :)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Unfortunately I think we won't be seeing him next season. I hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling not from a source.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Christ the season hasn't finished and they've started....lets hope its a long hot summer so I don't have to be inside so much looking at this sort of drivel...

I hope he stays and he wasn't dangled the "we'll be in the premiership at the end of your first season" bollocks - it was never going to happen and I'm glad it didn't, we're not ready.

But next year :thumbsup: please stay Vicente! If nothing else you are easy on the eyes! :lol:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Precisely this.

Why take an option to keep him for a second year and then let him go?

Makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

At least we could use it to get a fee out of Reading or whoever.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Where has this Vicente to Reading come from ? If he goes anywhere it will be back to Spain, if he stays in England (which I don't think he will) I think he'll stay with us.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Where has this Vicente to Reading come from ? If he goes anywhere it will be back to Spain, if he stays in England (which I don't think he will) I think he'll stay with us.

Tend to agree with this.

His wife being pregnant is the key. If
she is happy for the bubba to be born in Blighty then I reckon he will stay another year. If she wants it to be born in Spain then I guess it's bye bye.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was not and is not any evidence on the Reading thing.

It all stemmed from him playing really well against PL-bound Reading, and the odd NSC member then speculating, making a wild assumption that of all the clubs in Spain and PL/Championship ... that McDermott wants him, and Vicente wants Reading.

All entirely made up on NSC that week. You could see the lie develop before your very eyes that week.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
There was not and is not any evidence on the Reading thing.

It all stemmed from him playing really well against PL-bound Reading, and the odd NSC member then speculating, making a wild assumption that of all the clubs in Spain and PL/Championship ... that McDermott wants him, and Vicente wants Reading.

All entirely made up on NSC that week. You could see the lie develop before your very eyes that week.

There was a poster who supposedly was in the know and had contacts at Reading who stated that Vicente was their number one transfer target for the summer. Seemed believable, but he could have been wrong or making it up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Asked TB on the train earlier, he said he doesnt know but hopes to sort something out - almost as if hes saying its down to Vicente himself - and it basically is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tend to agree with this.

His wife being pregnant is the key. If
she is happy for the bubba to be born in Blighty then I reckon he will stay another year. If she wants it to be born in Spain then I guess it's bye bye.

She definitely wants it born in Spain but it depends on whether they want to return to England. The baby is due in June. Now he is fit again, my worry is that a Spanish club will want him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't really give a shit about him going, staying, whatever, I will just say thank you Vicente for seeing you grace our grass. Simple really.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
There was a poster who supposedly was in the know and had contacts at Reading who stated that Vicente was their number one transfer target for the summer. Seemed believable, but he could have been wrong or making it up.

Reading will have £10m's to spend with PL money, and a new tycoon owner. Will get them far more than a Vicente.

The PL seems to be about pace and power (as well as having skill); and I don't know if an often-crocked older player will be on their radar,
when the rest of Europe is their oyster, and they can raid the 3 relegated clubs for PL players too.

I'd say Buckley might be poached e.g. by the usual Norwich plunderers.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

The latter ... making it up. zzzzzzzzzzz

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I still think he's staying. If I'm wrong though, I suspect Poyet and Bloom will be cooking up a similarly gob-smacking signing to stop us feeling too sad for too long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports