Thank you Mr Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Since barber joined what has improved at the club? (from a supporters point of view)

What was you expecting in his short term in his role? Free half time bacon rolls and a queue free monorail? You have a very limited understanding of his role. So far, better club communication through modern media, dragging the club into the 21st century. Getting rid of the caterers everyone was moaning about. Attracting more corporate sponsorship. Introducing match packages and building a stronger Albion brand built on a more solid commercial and community platform. He will be much maligned but you will probably disagree. Would you like a £130m investment built on a business plan based on football from 25 years ago then?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What was you expecting in his short term in his role? Free half time bacon rolls and a queue free monorail? You have a very limited understanding of his role. So far, better club communication through modern media, dragging the club into the 21st century. Getting rid of the caterers everyone was moaning about. Attracting more corporate sponsorship. Introducing match packages and building a stronger Albion brand built on a more solid commercial and community platform. He will be much maligned but you will probably disagree. Would you like a £130m investment built on a business plan based on football from 25 years ago then?

So for Jo public that attends every match at the amex we should be grateful that he has put the prices up & sacked the caterers halfway through the season.
I'm sure you know more about the corporate side of the club than I do but I thought that was not an issue.

As a fan of the Albion for over 30 years I would of thought keeping the 20000 extra fans that attend home matches now compared to 2/3 years ago was key .so charging more & offering less after just 1 season at the Amex seems a bit wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
typical business man then, is there any room for sentiment .......... like f*** is there ONWARDS AND UP WARDS !!!
So you would prefer to NOT have a business man in charge of the business aspect of the club.
I'm sure Gully would be full of sentiment, lets have him as Chief Exec.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
I am as guilty as the next man at going on about our past..Hereford and all that, but it's time and not before time, that we moved on.
Football is a big ugly diving, moaning, sometimes cheating, sometimes racist, sometimes standing, sometimes sitting, sometimes great, money making animal. Love it or hate it, it isn't going to change.
For so long we have been watching from the outside at the goings on at the top table now we are pulling out a chair and starting to take out seat at it, but some want to push that chair back in, go outside again and rummage around in the gutter.
Support your team..enjoy the ride...times are changing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you would prefer to NOT have a business man in charge of the business aspect of the club.
I'm sure Gully would be full of sentiment, lets have him as Chief Exec.

Bill Cosby quote - “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports