Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Mr Barber

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Anybody running a business looks to reduce operating cost! Is this a deep search to find something to moan about because some of us are never happy unless we are the underdog or have a cause to hold on to?

I felt that these things needed HIGHLIGHTING.

Jan 30, 2008
Sure. He seems very open to fans opinions, happy to meet and discuss issues and provide answers in regular communications. He's given Azure the boot (a brave decision if you ask me) and people are going absolutely bananas because Gully's Girls are gone and we're charging full price for a premier league team visiting in an FA Cup tie.

Football is getting expensive yes and he is trying to get a few extra quid out of the fans where perhaps he shouldn't. But he's not this demon who has doubled prices and made some kittens homeless. He's just trying to make the club make money.

Give it a season or so and I might have a different opinion, but I think given his past, people are jumping on his back a bit prematurely and assuming that every decision at the club is made by him.
typical business man then, is there any room for sentiment .......... like f*** is there ONWARDS AND UP WARDS !!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sure. He seems very open to fans opinions, happy to meet and discuss issues and provide answers in regular communications. He's given Azure the boot (a brave decision if you ask me) and people are going absolutely bananas because Gully's Girls are gone and we're charging full price for a premier league team visiting in an FA Cup tie.

Football is getting expensive yes and he is trying to get a few extra quid out of the fans where perhaps he shouldn't. But he's not this demon who has doubled prices and made some kittens homeless. He's just trying to make the club make money.

Give it a season or so and I might have a different opinion, but I think given his past, people are jumping on his back a bit prematurely and assuming that every decision at the club is made by him.

About right, that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
typical business man then, is there any room for sentiment .......... like f*** is there ONWARDS AND UP WARDS !!!

There's plenty of room for sentiment, and plenty of people at the club, in roles that give lots of thought to it.

Sentiment is the realm of the life President, the Albion in the Community team, the PR department and the media team.

Barber's role is to run the BUSINESS as a self financing concern.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very interesting report on Barbers departure from Vancouver Whitecaps and a good indicator of him. I do not know how transfer it to here but no doubt one of you clever devils can. aftncanada.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/paul-barber-he-came-he-saw-he-failed.html hope someone can do it....apologies if posted before but worth reading for those who have not seen it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The problen BARBER has is he needs to bring in the investment for new players otherwise we'll be SHORT at the BACK AND SIDES.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Strength of Lager, standing, supporters bar, queues, pies, beer choice, prices, dancers ate all irrelevant compared to previous treks over to 7 consecutive home defeats @ The Preistfield
Why people are bothered with any/all of the above petty issues is beyond me, just enjoy the ground & the football & stop whingeing, you really don't know his lucky you are.
Wasting club officials time & energy when they have better things to do is a scandal & the fact that TB may be getting any sort of impression than full gratitude as to where we are now 'positioned' in all respects must not be allowed to happen & potentially sour things
We really have 'never had it so good'

This. Imagine if 10 years ago we were told that by 2011 we would be playing our football in a stunning state of the art stadium (built without the aid of a financially draining commercial loan) and that you could spread the cost of going over the year (interest free) and that the club would pay for you to get there and that you could have a beer and a locally produced pie before and after the match in the purpose built suppoerters bar whilst watching highlights of the match / post match interviews and the premier league game as well and that when you leave said bar you have a two minute walk to get a train.

But (always a but) the dance troupe would be axed halfway throught the second season and that the beer and pies would increase in price by 50p in the second season and that the club would sell the most expensive match by match seats ahead of the cheaper ones and that it would cost £1 to 'text your man of the match' (but it is something that you dont have to do) and that the club will send you emails telling you about the latest DVD or other club merchandise you can buy (only if you wish to do you buy anything though.

So 10 years ago after a wet withdean who would probably have taken the £100 million stadium by 2011 and said that on reflection they could probably live with some of the 'yeah buts' highlighted??

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
This. Imagine if 10 years ago we were told that by 2011 we would be playing our football in a stunning state of the art stadium (built without the aid of a financially draining commercial loan) and that you could spread the cost of going over the year (interest free) and that the club would pay for you to get there and that you could have a beer and a locally produced pie before and after the match in the purpose built suppoerters bar whilst watching highlights of the match / post match interviews and the premier league game as well and that when you leave said bar you have a two minute walk to get a train.

But (always a but) the dance troupe would be axed halfway throught the second season and that the beer and pies would increase in price by 50p in the second season and that the club would sell the most expensive match by match seats ahead of the cheaper ones and that it would cost £1 to 'text your man of the match' (but it is something that you dont have to do) and that the club will send you emails telling you about the latest DVD or other club merchandise you can buy (only if you wish to do you buy anything though.

So 10 years ago after a wet withdean who would probably have taken the £100 million stadium by 2011 and said that on reflection they could probably live with some of the 'yeah buts' highlighted??

Yet another Barber wanabee.....

I think some people would be happier if the players were still downing half a pint and smoking a fag at half time, only people above 40 yrs of age, born into 3rd generation Brighton families were allowed to support Brighton and only people who have been conceived for the sole purpose of becoming a BHA fan should be allowed in the ground, which by the way would be paid for by the sheer power of love for the Seagulls.

We'd still get more than Palace though:thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would be absolutely STUNNED if dynamic pricing was not in place next season.

Surely if dynamic pricing was part of the future strategy they'd be sticking their toes in the water already.

Like offering the £28 tickets first for the harder to sell games, like, say, Millwall on a Tuesday night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here