Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Mr Barber

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The is a CUT AND DRY case of a moneyman ruining a good lower league, family, football club if you ask me!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's all gone too far too quickly. Well that's my view. The alleged cosiness of Withdean. Cueing for a cuppa and a lousy hot dog or burger. And now what do we have. A ground and following that is four times the size of Withers. New people coming in and putting their bums on seats that want just a little bit more than the football.

for my two pennies worth, I think the club have not forgotten where or what we have come from, but have to think on a larger scale.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think some people would be happier if the players were still downing half a pint and smoking a fag at half time, only people above 40 yrs of age, born into 3rd generation Brighton families were allowed to support Brighton and only people who have been conceived for the sole purpose of becoming a BHA fan should be allowed in the ground, which by the way would be paid for by the sheer power of love for the Seagulls.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
care to elaborate on that one???

Sure. He seems very open to fans opinions, happy to meet and discuss issues and provide answers in regular communications. He's given Azure the boot (a brave decision if you ask me) and people are going absolutely bananas because Gully's Girls are gone and we're charging full price for a premier league team visiting in an FA Cup tie.

Football is getting expensive yes and he is trying to get a few extra quid out of the fans where perhaps he shouldn't. But he's not this demon who has doubled prices and made some kittens homeless. He's just trying to make the club make money.

Give it a season or so and I might have a different opinion, but I think given his past, people are jumping on his back a bit prematurely and assuming that every decision at the club is made by him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sure. He seems very open to fans opinions, happy to meet and discuss issues and provide answers in regular communications. He's given Azure the boot (a brave decision if you ask me) and people are going absolutely bananas because Gully's Girls are gone and we're charging full price for a premier league team visiting in an FA Cup tie.

Football is getting expensive yes and he is trying to get a few extra quid out of the fans where perhaps he shouldn't. But he's not this demon who has doubled prices and made some kittens homeless. He's just trying to make the club make money.

Give it a season or so and I might have a different opinion, but I think given his past, people are jumping on his back a bit prematurely and assuming that every decision at the club is made by him.

....it's almost like your implying.....that NSC.....is somehow overreacting?.......surely not ???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
like it or not the OP is right. The gap from top to bottom is widening and there is less and less time to bridge the gap before the top flight becomes unreachable for any club that is not financially equipped to compete.

We can stay where we are and maybe yo yo between the championship and league 1 but having built the amex and new training facilities the fickleness of fans starved of success will bankrupt the club in fairly short time. Our bridges were burned when we left withdean. We have to compete at the top of this league and strive for promotion or we will become financially unsustainable. It is already too late to do snything but compete for the top.

For those wanting to revert to standing and fan power I'm afraid Crawley msy be your best option. Sorry but you probably cant have it both ways. Football at the top is about revenues and brands and as soon as we committed £100m to the club's future that is where we were going like it or not

Very sound and can't argue with that. You can't have it both ways guys :(

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

So he is the reason Vicente isn't playing !

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'd quite like to see that some time. Protest or not, just would quite enjoy seeing a stadium of fans mooing.

Perhaps we should do it! Everyone where moo masks, and just go moo with a banner saying moo. I'm sure Barber would love it. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here