[Misc] Text message re £400 Energy Bill Support

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The £400 support will be administered by your energy provider.

Never ever fill in forms from unsolicited text messages or emails.

But so many will miss out who pay their landlords.

All the headlines are shit

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've heard about this.

Quite why the government haven't asked the BBC and media to run a top headline and first on the news is beyond me. Loads of older folk will get caught out.

All mobile phone companies should send their own texts out about it.
The mobile companies sell the phone numbers in the first place, I have an emergency phone in the car I don’t even know the number let alone anyone else it receives the occasional scam text.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The government will never text or email you a link in email or text to login to do anything. Same as your bank, it should really be drummed in to everyone now.

That said in the last month employees at Revolut, Uber & Rockstar (makers of GTA) have all picked up a phone call and given out their login details to supposed internal IT help-desks leading to major breaches. And I can guarantee all staff at those companies go through a lot of ‘cyber awareness’ training …

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But if they pay their landlords a rent inclusive of bills then their bills won’t be going up anyway. The landlord will be paying the higher energy bills and so presumably will be compensated through the scheme.

Yes, in theory. Except many landlords will have factored in price rises before the govt interventions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here