Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible News

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tell you what, why don't you use your marvellous abilities gained when your university education that gave you a 'better understanding of the rich tapestries of life' (you pompous ass) to stop lying and taking people's comments out of context because that's the only way you can debate or are you too thick to understand that ?

Also, as you're so brilliant I suggest you stop using this burgeoning binfest as an outlet for your whining. The only apology I have for you is that I'm sorry you're such a pathetic waste of life. Confine your whining to PM and stop being the bore you so undoubtedly are.

I'm quite happy to be called a pompous ass, a bore and a waste of life....all in one post if need be. But, if you wish to question my integrity and call me a liar you really do need the evidence to back it up. You also need to be prepared to apologise if you get it wrong...which you have. I am happy to be called most things but not a liar.

I believe you simply forgot about your hitler comments, when I reminded you at first you denied then (making some rather rash accusations in the process), then when I dug them out you claimed they were taken out of context and still questioned my integrity. I am not sure how they were taken out of context as I posted the entire thread. How much more context did you want? You also failed to explain the context when another poster asked you to. You had, and still do have, every chance to put everything in it's place but you cannot..because you know you are wrong.

Do you want me to re-post your hitler comments (with all the pages for full context) a second time to jog your memory?

Why dont you sit down, take a deep breath, remove the huge university education chip from your shoulder and be a real man and apologise? You will feel better within yourself, and gain some respect from others.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm quite happy to be called a pompous ass, a bore and a waste of life....all in one post if need be. But, if you wish to question my integrity and call me a liar you really do need the evidence to back it up. You also need to be prepared to apologise if you get it wrong...which you have. I am happy to be called most things but not a liar.

I believe you simply forgot about your hitler comments, when I reminded you at first you denied then (making some rather rash accusations in the process), then when I dug them out you claimed they were taken out of context and still questioned my integrity. I am not sure how they were taken out of context as I posted the entire thread. How much more context did you want? You also failed to explain the context when another poster asked you to. You had, and still do have, every chance to put everything in it's place but you cannot..because you know you were wrong.

Do you want me to re-post your hitler comments (with all the pages for full context) a second time to jog your memory?

Why dont you sit down, take a deep breath, remove the huge university education chip from your shoulder and be a real man and apologise? You will feel better within yourself, and gain some respect from others.

I said PM, nobody wants to hear you whine on. If you're too stupid to see the error your ways it just backs up a commonly held belief that a degree in Sociality isn't worth much. The fact that you've clearly taken that comment so entirely out of context shows just how stupid you really are. Now do what I'm sure most of your clients tell you and 'SHUT THE f*** UP'.

Of course, I haven't allowed for the fact that you're too simple to understand irony, never mind.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not extreme at all...you brought up why I should feel sad following seeing a parents grief... its not my grief... its private grief...

and youve been making jokes? How did you go from indignant to making jokes?
Like I said mate...her death wont ruin my day, and I very much doubt if many, other than her immediate family will remember her name next week.
Theres been several tragic deaths this week, but for some reason, people are making this one something special, and thats what I dont understand.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nsc at its finest!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
K U N T E R Y of the finest order gentlemen........top marks to all involved, if the f.a had access to half the hot air expelled on this board there would be no problem with frozen pitches at this time:rolleyes:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Didnt you just post NSC at its finest? :)

A boy of 15 was murdered this week...ive seen nothing about it on here...
A man was stabbed to death in Chichester (nearer to home)...nada...
3 teens killed in car crash today...again..nothing...
but for some reason, I have to be in grief for a girl in Bristol who has been found
dead ....Somebody being found dead is not an untypical thing to see in the news, and
I dont understand why this particular case is driving angst among nsc posters...

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I said PM, nobody wants to hear you whine on. If you're too stupid to see the error your ways it just backs up a commonly held belief that a degree in Sociality isn't worth much. The fact that you've clearly taken that comment so entirely out of context shows just how stupid you really are. Now do what I'm sure most of your clients tell you and 'SHUT THE f*** UP'.

Of course, I haven't allowed for the fact that you're too simple to understand irony, never mind.

You keep clinging to 'context.' Do you understand what this words means? I could also argue irony is being used incorrectly, so maybe a simple GSCE in English will be a good starting point for you? Further, I'm not quite sure what a Sociality degree is, but for the record I have a 2:1 in mathematics.

If you want to move to PM then fine, I'm happy to accept the apology in any form as long as it is sincere.

and you wouldnt be so emotionally scarred by seeing a dead girls parents upset on a news report? No?

A slight tangent here - but while we are talking about one unfortunate dead person (method unknown) - it occurs to me nowadays that our 'side' in foreign wars, are creating a lot of mourning/emotionally ripped apart/hell-bent-on-vengeance parents/children/relatives/friends among the sadly innocent, as well as the not-so-sadly guilty.
In sorties like Iraq, there were children killed or maimed for life, and recently - an Afghan family who were told to stay in the safety of their home which was subsequently 'missiled' by accident. 'World leader' GW Bush sent other people's kids to do his bidding for WMD's that didn't exist, while declaring it a "crusade" against 'religious fanatics'. Ironic, isn't that?
If you can, focus the pathos for one girl in Britain and multiply that thousands of times over for a war in another land - and perhaps spare some thought about the glib way the politically powerful will sweep their hands for destruction and death and bereavement in this world.
Sometimes - and I know I have sometimes been guilty of this too - we just think "oh well, that's okay then" because the dead are not British/English.
we are of course still at war, and although I certainly wish for preserving our troops' lives - I sometimes feel that those who might be galvanised to fight our invaders are simply doing what might come as naturally to us, in battling anyone who'd invade our shores. Thus, as the saying goes - one man's terrorist becomes another's freedom fighter.

Okay I've had my say, by all means go back to bickering about how to feel about this one publicised death.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

but for some reason, I have to be in grief for a girl in Bristol who has been found
dead ....Somebody being found dead is not an untypical thing to see in the news...

..... look, no one knows these dead people, but I've been wronged...and you kind of know me. How about some sympathy for me fellas?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
NMH...yes...that was my point earlier... i do feel for innocent people killed on my behelf by governments..but not for random bodies that have no connection to me that turn up. It something that happens..regularly... always has done, and most likely always will do.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

dead ....Somebody being found dead is not an untypical thing to see in the news, and
I dont understand why this particular case is driving angst among nsc posters...

Don't worry about it mate. Most lads social groups down the pub already have heard all the jokes and laughed.

NSC is a bit soft but then look at the state of some of the posters !!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NMH...yes...that was my point earlier... i do feel for innocent people killed on my behelf by governments..but not for random bodies that have no connection to me that turn up. It something that happens..regularly... always has done, and most likely always will do.

Are we talking about the Katyn Forest Massacre here Dave? ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Are we talking about the Katyn Forest Massacre here Dave? ???
Not sure where my connection is to a massacre by the Soviets but...no... I mean the British governments actions in Afghanistan and Iraq that cost the lives of innocents. With these deaths, I feel a sense of responsibility. With random deaths, that are either accidents, murders committed by individuals etc...I dont.

Last edited:

Well I have noticed your input on this thread, and I think we're generally agreed on several points. How these strangers still excite a 'binfest', is full of wonder....though probably less than wonderful.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
UK population in mid 2009 was supposedly 61,792,000 so, no, i don't consider 1.8 murders a day VERY or even QUITE common. What are you saying about this country? They are a rare occurance, highlighted by our blanket news coverage. Turn off your tv, don't read a national newspaper, would you hear of it regularly? No.

What has turning off my TV got to do with the stats you provided?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/common

com·mon
   /ˈkɒmən/ Show Spelled [kom-uhn] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun
–adjective
belonging equally to, or shared alike by, two or more or all in question: common property; common interests.
pertaining or belonging equally to an entire community, nation, or culture; public: a common language or history; a common water-supply system.
joint; united: a common defense.
widespread; general; ordinary: common knowledge.
of frequent occurrence; usual; familiar: a common event; a common mistake.

I'd say once every 13 hours or so is 'of frequent occurrence'.

It may not be something that is suffered by a large percentage of our population, but to say a murder occurring once every 13h20m isn't frequent is just not accurate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here