Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible News

No. You got banned for deliberately being a twit and antagonising people.

Robert Enke Dead

It was 'people' that should have been banned, for antagonizing me.
That their dear hearts bled for one that voluntarily takes his own life (and as I was lead to believe, while endangering others), could certainly be construed as selective just because he was a footballer (which means f***-all when someone kills themselves, over a decorator, clerk or scaffolder etc).
These threads focus on one that made the news because the media decided to give it their attentions (often perhaps because they lack something more dramatic? They'll headline Coronation Street occurrences if they hadn't got anything else to report)

NOT that a (POTENTIAL) murder isn't bad or sad for someone somewhere.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Amazing how such a tragic event can lead to a group of wanna-be Frankie Boyle's and wanna-be Inspector Morse's.

Sad Fukers:sick:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Spicy I could understand your chagrin if this was a book of condolence, but it's a Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club message board, and it won't be read by anyone with any personal connection to this incident. It's a tragedy yes, but let's have a sense of perspective! Gallows humour is what made this country, and this message board, what it is today.

Ok, and yes I take your point. I have a weird sense of humour that doesn’t always go down well unless you know me. However, its something about the story which has brought it a bit close to home – what she did, having a few drinks on a Friday night with her mates, before making her way home, maybe picking up something to eat on the way, is something that I and thousands of other women do without thinking about it. I just feel that whatever happened to her, whether in Bristol, Brighton or London, could happen to any woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. And for that reason the story makes me feel vulnerable.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think this thread should be stopped now.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im totally mystified why people are being so precious about something that is a very common occurrance in the UK.. ...a girl has been found dead.... Its not Brighton related, its on the other side of the country... why is she getting special 'precious' treatment by NSC members? I dont get it... apart from it being a possible reminder to women travelling at night alone....why are people asking for the thread to be stopped? People dont ask for threads to be stopped when many are killed in Afghanistan and they are regularly discussed here... really....I dont get it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Im totally mystified why people are being so precious about something that is a very common occurrance in the UK.. ...a girl has been found dead.... Its not Brighton related, its on the other side of the country... why is she getting special 'precious' treatment by NSC members? I dont get it... apart from it being a possible reminder to women travelling at night alone....why are people asking for the thread to be stopped? People dont ask for threads to be stopped when many are killed in Afghanistan and they are regularly discussed here... really....I dont get it.

She was a young, attractive and intelligent woman, it's Christmas, tragic as it is you have a point.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

two things, "so precious" - you moron, do you not think a young lady's life is precious?

and "very common" - seriously, you are an idiot because thankfully it isn't that common at all. Even a brief google search brings up "The murder rate in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level in 20 years, with 648 homicides recorded in 2008/09 – 136 fewer than the year before".

Believe me, I don't go around bursting into tears everytime the news reports something tragic but if you don't feel even the slightest twinge of sadness if you saw her parents on the news then you have a problem imo. Perhaps you play too many computer games?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She was a young, attractive and intelligent woman, it's Christmas, tragic as it is you have a point.

You still need to apologise to me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You still need to apologise to me.

And you need to stop lying and taking things out of context, all that university training was a waste of money. You'll always be a pathetic whiner, get over it. Still you are living proof that Sociology is a waste of time.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
two things, "so precious" - you moron, do you not think a young lady's life is precious?

and "very common" - seriously, you are an idiot because thankfully it isn't that common at all. Even a brief google search brings up "The murder rate in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level in 20 years, with 648 homicides recorded in 2008/09 – 136 fewer than the year before".

Believe me, I don't go around bursting into tears everytime the news reports something tragic but if you don't feel even the slightest twinge of sadness if you saw her parents on the news then you have a problem imo. Perhaps you play too many computer games?

I dont play computer games at all....im also non sexist...the fact that its a woman....makes no difference to me...a life is a life... the fact that the parents are sad...is not particularly unexpected....if you lose a son or daughter..you will be devastated...Did you expect to see the parents giggling? I personally, didnt need a tv news report to let me know that the parents were upset and crushed at losing their daughter.
If its my daughter..yes...i would be devastated...but I wouldnt expect people on Bristol Rovers or Bristol City football message boards to be overwrought about it.
Do I feel a twinge of sadness?..Not really...This girls life is no more precious than other women, or other mens lives or any girl, boy, man or woman in France, Germany, Holland, Belgium is found dead..
People die. People get murdered. People get killed in accidents
I feel more sorry for the many killed in Afghanistan....who get killed in my name.
This girls death is not in my name. If you want to feel sad for EVERY person killed or found dead in the world, something that has occurred in large numbers over several millenia, then im afraid youre a bit weird. Its part of, believe it or not..life.
I also think that approximately 2 murders a day in the UK makes it quite a common crime considering its magnitude.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's a very common occurrence on NSC. If you go back through NSC you will see people making jokes about high profile deaths, etc., and other posters taking offence on behalf of Jade Goody, Michael Jackson, etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And you need to stop lying and taking things out of context, all that university training was a waste of money. You'll always be a pathetic whiner, get over it. Still you are living proof that Sociology is a waste of time.

You could do with a dose of university, to learn some logic. Maybe if you learnt some proper computer programming instead of the IT rubbish you do you might understand. I cannot believe you still deny all of this, and still make totally incorrect accusations, when the evidence against you , and which YOU forgot about, is available for the entire world to see on this site. Do you really want me to dig it up a 2nd time?

Be a man and have the grace to apologise. You can PM me if you like.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
10_09_11_binfest.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
and "very common" - seriously, you are an idiot because thankfully it isn't that common at all. Even a brief google search brings up "The murder rate in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level in 20 years, with 648 homicides recorded in 2008/09 - 136 fewer than the year before".

1.8 homicides a day isn't enough to be considered a common occurrence? That's one every 13h20m. How frequently do murders have to occur for them to be considered common?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You could do with a dose of university, to learn some logic. Maybe if you learnt some proper computer programming instead of the IT rubbish you do you might understand. I cannot believe you still deny all of this, and still make totally incorrect accusations, when the evidence against you , and which YOU forgot about, is available for the entire world to see on this site. Do you really want me to dig it up a 2nd time?

Be a man and have the grace to apologise. You can PM me if you like.

I tell you what, why don't you use your marvellous abilities gained when your university education that gave you a 'better understanding of the rich tapestries of life' (you pompous ass) to stop lying and taking people's comments out of context because that's the only way you can debate or are you too thick to understand that ?

Also, as you're so brilliant I suggest you stop using this burgeoning binfest as an outlet for your whining. The only apology I have for you is that I'm sorry you're such a pathetic waste of life. Confine your whining to PM and stop being the bore you so undoubtedly are.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
1.8 homicides a day isn't enough to be considered a common occurrence? That's one every 13h20m. How frequently do murders have to occur for them to be considered common?

UK population in mid 2009 was supposedly 61,792,000 so, no, i don't consider 1.8 murders a day VERY or even QUITE common. What are you saying about this country? They are a rare occurance, highlighted by our blanket news coverage. Turn off your tv, don't read a national newspaper, would you hear of it regularly? No.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I dont play computer games at all....im also non sexist...the fact that its a woman....makes no difference to me...a life is a life... the fact that the parents are sad...is not particularly unexpected....if you lose a son or daughter..you will be devastated...Did you expect to see the parents giggling? I personally, didnt need a tv news report to let me know that the parents were upset and crushed at losing their daughter.
If its my daughter..yes...i would be devastated...but I wouldnt expect people on Bristol Rovers or Bristol City football message boards to be overwrought about it.
Do I feel a twinge of sadness?..Not really...This girls life is no more precious than other women, or other mens lives or any girl, boy, man or woman in France, Germany, Holland, Belgium is found dead..
People die. People get murdered. People get killed in accidents
I feel more sorry for the many killed in Afghanistan....who get killed in my name.
This girls death is not in my name. If you want to feel sad for EVERY person killed or found dead in the world, something that has occurred in large numbers over several millenia, then im afraid youre a bit weird. Its part of, believe it or not..life.
I also think that approximately 2 murders a day in the UK makes it quite a common crime considering its magnitude.

that was a joke:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here