Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Terrible i know.........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not terrible.

I really don’t care…..

Would enjoy Post #3 - so perhaps I do……. Thank you [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION]

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
That’s not terrible, it is reasonable.
Years ago I always supported English teams in Europe, when the managers and players were British. Since the Globalisation Of The Prem League, I have lost that support. Now ,apart from Brighton, I could not care.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
As soon as I heard he was talking to Chelsea, I knew he was gone. I did think how fantastic it would have been if he stayed, but then I stopped dreaming. He's the Chelsea Manager now and I d care about him or Chelsea's fortunes.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The real dilemma will be when Chelsea play Palace. Is it possible for both of them to get absolutely slaughtered?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The real dilemma will be when Chelsea play Palace. Is it possible for both of them to get absolutely slaughtered?

A dour 0-0, several red cards per side and huge fines for failing to control their players, plus lengthy touch line bans for both managers is just about the dream outcome for that fixture now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A dour 0-0, several red cards per side and huge fines for failing to control their players, plus lengthy touch line bans for both managers is just about the dream outcome for that fixture now.

And the red cards should be for violent conduct so attracting the longest ban and then each club appeals every card, each is thrown out so each player gets an extra match ban.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I normally want the British teams to succeed in Europe

Not tonight.
I would like Potter to suffer a little.
A few months of discomfort in his new role and getting some real hostility from the fanbase.
It's petty of me, I know.
But I do.
He's an excellent coach and if he endures that he will come out stronger from the experience.
I hope he ultimately succeeds, but some pain first would be good.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be very interesting to watch and I hope Chelsea win, partially because of GP but... I would have hoped so even if they had Mourinho or Tuchel as manager.

If you think you're the victims of some hideous modern football crime, imagine if Boehly had bought the club, renamed it McDonalds Brighton, switched team colours and then said "this is a new club with no history". That was what happened to Austra Salzburg some 15-20 years ago. Under no circumstances would I ever hope that this team wins a football game.

I've never really got the whole 'I support English teams in Europe'. Thinking of the sides from our fair shores, most of them have irritated me numerous times over the years with their entitlement or 'big 6' swagger mentality. Wht would I want them to get even more cocky?

Frankly the majority of European football teams have seldom done anything to annoy me, so I'd rather they brought the bill big b*llocks down to earth.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Will be very interesting to watch and I hope Chelsea win, partially because of GP but... I would have hoped so even if they had Mourinho or Tuchel as manager.

If you think you're the victims of some hideous modern football crime, imagine if Boehly had bought the club, renamed it McDonalds Brighton, switched team colours and then said "this is a new club with no history". That was what happened to Austra Salzburg some 15-20 years ago. Under no circumstances would I ever hope that this team wins a football game.

Isn’t the Salzburg model exactly what Boehly was talking about replicating for Chelsea to support the academy in his recent ‘vision for Chelsea’ part of the interview

Let’s not forget this also a club who was recently in bed with other top European clubs to force a breakaway.

Potter or no Potter always hope Chelsea lose

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm probably in the minority that I couldn't really give a stuff about English teams in Europe, but would like to see GPott succeed (apart from against us, obvs), starting with a win tonight :shrug:

His departure doesn't change the fact that he's an excellent coach and I wish him well, regardless of how or why he left BHAFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here