Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you hope gets promoted this season?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fulham and QPR as both short away trips and Fulham one of the best (probably bettered by Brentford this year). As for the other spot, between Blackburn and Forest. Have been to Ewood since the 80s but Forest is easier to get to.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I want 'new' teams promoted to the PL.

The likes of Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Fulham and Bournemouth are going to lead to the formation of a PL2 the way things are going. And we may well get invited.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I remember seeing Albion draw 0-0 at Cambridge when they were top of what is now the Championship, playing the most direct route one football I have ever seen!

My memory of Cambridge Utd away is a game early 80s ( I think we'd just been relegated from Div 1 ?) which was a cracker we won 4-3 with a very late goal from (I think) Graham Pearce.

Sussex_Ranger

Jan 25, 2022
West Sussex
Intense dislike for QPR fans. Can't remember the words of the song they would sing but it was along the lines of raping your wife and daughter, sung very loudly on the way into, out of the Amex and on the trains. Very agressive and obnoxous fans, detest them. Rate them about the level of Palarse and Millwall fans.

I am a Sussex-based Queens Park Rangers supporter who has frequently visited this forum for about 20-years but never posted - until now.

Your comments surprised me as I am a season ticket holder at Loftus Road and have been since the age of 5 (I am in my 40s now). I have sat in every part of the stadium and I go to away games and I have never once heard a song about raping wives and daughters. I attend away games too and have never heard such a song. I have also been to QPR games at The Amex (we have only played there three times so far) and definitely did not hear the song you refer to.

I know many, many, QPR supporters and a few of them I have spoken to don’t know any such song and neither does my father who is a lifelong QPR supporter. I’m not going to get in to a discussion or argument about it, but I would be interested to know the fixture you heard it at and the exact words (and whether anyone else on here can vouch for you). Every club has a few idiots, but to put Queens Park Rangers supporters in the same category as Millwall fans is, to be quite frank, insulting.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Wycombe Wanderers, for a few reasons.

I lived there for a few years and my daughter was born there.

I started my motorbike riding journey by doing my CBT in their stadium car park.

They allowed us to do a sit in when we were fighting for Falmer.

David Stockdale is in goal for them.

They have one of the longest serving managers with the longest hair who is in a rock band.

To get to play off finals they have to beat MK Dons. They are 2 goals up after the first leg.

So I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I started my motorbike riding journey by doing my CBT in their stadium car park.

They have one of the longest serving managers with the longest hair who is in a rock band.

To get to play off finals they have to beat MK Dons. They are 2 goals up after the first leg.

Indeed, go Wycombe!

**** MK Dons, and as for Sunderland and Sheffield W the fact that they're in League One is just entertaining... their pain is food for the soul.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Stockdale, won this season's League One Golden Glove (most clean sheets), meaning that he has now won this at all three levels of the EFL. (with Brighton in the Championship, and with Darlington 15 years ago in L2)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Stockdale, won this season's League One Golden Glove (most clean sheets), meaning that he has now won this at all three levels of the EFL. (with Brighton in the Championship, and with Darlington 15 years ago in L2)

I went to watch Cambridge Utd vs Wycombe a few weeks ago and Wycombe were 3-0 up with 10 minutes left when Cambridge scored. I was stood directly behind the goal and Stockdale was absolutely furious with both his defence and himself for losing the clean sheet in a match where the 3 points had long since been secured. I was impressed by his professionalism and just how much it mattered to him.

He also engaged with the Cambridge fans behind his goal too, responding to the frequent "you fat *******!" chants by pulling his shorts right up and rubbing his stomach. At the final whistle he would have been quite entitled to gloat but instead he turned around, clapped the Cambridge support, gave them a thumbs up and gave his gloves to a little kid standing at the front. Pleased to say he got a good ovation in response as he jogged off towards the tunnel.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Intense dislike for QPR fans. Can't remember the words of the song they would sing but it was along the lines of raping your wife and daughter, sung very loudly on the way into, out of the Amex and on the trains. Very agressive and obnoxous fans, detest them. Rate them about the level of Palarse and Millwall fans.
One summer’s evening we played them at the Withdean 3 or 4 QPR set on an easy target Brighton fan unfortunately for them they came unstuck when a load of Brighton lads appeared it got very messy. Good entertainment outside the Preston Park Hotel.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stockport vs Wrexham today. Big game.

Pretty tight up there, four teams fighting for the top 2 places and then 5-9 all battling for two playoff sports. If Stockport win today they will probably get promoted but the fight for second place will be even tighter.

I hope Stockport make it up, they play decent football with some exciting players.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stockport vs Wrexham today. Big game.

Pretty tight up there, four teams fighting for the top 2 places and then 5-9 all battling for two playoff sports. If Stockport win today they will probably get promoted but the fight for second place will be even tighter.

I hope Stockport make it up, they play decent football with some exciting players.

As in my previous post, l hope Stockport make it as it might stop the Welshies from going up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As in my previous post, l hope Stockport make it as it might stop the Welshies from going up.

2-0 Wrexham so not looking great.

Most likely they will both go up but Stockport are not in great form, too early to rule out Solihull and Halifax.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
2-0 Wrexham so not looking great.

Most likely they will both go up but Stockport are not in great form, too early to rule out Solihull and Halifax.

Oh dearie. Yes l was aware that Stockport's form was falling away, a case of them peaking too early perhaps.

l wouldn't be too disappointed to see Solihull Moors grace the Football League. Whereas those other three teams have had their period in the sun before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here