Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you hope gets promoted this season?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Championship
Fulham
Forest
Coventry
Obviously unlikely it would be these 3 though. Out of the others, as long as it's not PLUCKY Bournemouth or YOYO WBA I won't be too bothered.

League One
Wycombe for another go at the Championship
No real feelings about the other teams as long as it's not the #twats (although they now appear to have found their level, mid-table obscurity in League One. Marvellous)
Ideally, trading places with Derby and Reading

League Two
Forest Green
Exeter
Sutton
Newport

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I always hope that Bristol City will get promoted, simply so I can see us play in the West Country, but City are languishing in 16th place at present, so won't be coming up this season.

Last time I went to Ashton Gate was when Steve Sidwell scored with that cheeky lob from the centre circle, which sailed over the head of the City goalie who frantically ran backwards and promptly fell over as the ball sailed in the net :lol:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who are all these teams and leagues he is rattling on about

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember seeing Albion draw 0-0 at Cambridge when they were top of what is now the Championship, playing the most direct route one football I have ever seen!

Was that Dion Dublin days ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Was that Dion Dublin days ?

Yes, Dublin, Taylor and Claridge up top.

They had some incredible players, really, and if Beck had released the shackles, and let them play, they may just have got promotion that season, for the third season on the trot.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
While we’re in the Prem I always hope that somehow a weak Championship team sneaks up in the play off, and so one of the relegation spots is filled the next year.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Blackburn - For our boys helping but also because I think its quite nice that the Venkys stuck by the club after buying it for all the wrong reasons. Oh and it would really piss the Burnley fans off as they are great rivals.
Halifax - Been to see them a few times with a very good mate of mine who is suffering at the moment and it would be good to see a smile on his face.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
QPR and Fulham, for the easy journeys. Blackburn if Burnley go down, for the unhappiness it would cause the Burnley racists, and because it would weaken them when we take Khadra and Van Hecke back and help fill a relegation place. But anyone except the Pluckies, really.

Wycombe and Sunderland from League One. Anyone but Portsmouth. Forest Green, Sutton, Newport, Swindon or maybe Mansfield (Nigel Clough doing an unbelievable job there) from L2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here