Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you hope gets promoted this season?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Championship - Fulham will go up regardless of what I want, other than that it is quite open. I'm hoping for Blackburn and Nottingham - long time no see.

League One - very open. Hoping for Sunderland (they somehow belong in the top 2 divisions) and Wycombe (deserves another chance) plus Oxford winning the playoff.

League Two - Forest Green looks like they will go up and I'm fine with that. Pretty happy with the current top 3 (Forest Green, Tranmere, Sutton Utd) going up. Especially Sutton would be remarkable, last season they were the first non-professional team in years to go up from the National League.

National League - no deep desire for Chesterfield but Halifax could be fun. Also hoping Stockport and Notts (where GPs successor in Östersund is currently the manager) as they are classic teams.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We haven’t been promoted for a while. It’d be nice if we could do it this season. Looking like it might have to be via the playoffs though.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’d quite like Grimsby to get promoted out of the National League. Fat chance of that happening as things stand however.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I have no fondness of them at all it would be hilarious if Millwall managed to get into the Premier League. Big 6 fans would certainly have a shock!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
For me QPR.

Intense dislike for QPR fans. Can't remember the words of the song they would sing but it was along the lines of raping your wife and daughter, sung very loudly on the way into, out of the Amex and on the trains. Very agressive and obnoxous fans, detest them. Rate them about the level of Palarse and Millwall fans.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fulham
QPR

both great awaydays

Blackburn via play-off's - then our chaps have helped and done a good job.

Wycombe
Plymouth

no reason, Stocko in goal for Wycombe

League 2

Swindon
Exeter
Harrogate (long shot), if not Forest Green.

Always want Wrexham, as despite their Hollywood owners, they are a 'big' team with good fan base.
Would love Woking, but if not Notts County.

Want Cheaterfield to stay down for as long as possible.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fulham. A good away day. Then it’s anyone but Bournemouth.

Not really worried about the other divisions but Portsmouth being outside the playoffs in League One is great to see.

One small point though [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] it’s Nottingham Forest or Forest, they are never ever referred to as just Nottingham.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fulham
QPR

both great awaydays

Wycombe
Plymouth

no reason, Stocko in goal for Wycombe

League 2

Swindon
Exeter
Harrogate (long shot), if not Forest Green.

Always want Wrexham, as despite their Hollywood owners, they are a 'big' team with good fan base.
Would love Woking, but if not Notts County.

Want Cheaterfield to stay down for as long as possible.

Pretty similar....Fulham/QPR for the awaydays (ideally replacing Burnley and Everton) and Plymouth and Exeter because I'm from Devon originally.........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fulham
QPR

both great awaydays

Can't see Loftus Road as a great away day, one of the worst grounds I've been to.

Blackburn would be great, good experience for our two.

I'd like to see Forest up ... or Millwall as they're Mrs G's team

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Intense dislike for QPR fans. Can't remember the words of the song they would sing but it was along the lines of raping your wife and daughter, sung very loudly on the way into, out of the Amex and on the trains. Very agressive and obnoxous fans, detest them. Rate them about the level of Palarse and Millwall fans.

Well the QPR fans I know are ok, as for the other 2 or 3, I cannot speak for them.
Every club has its fvckwit supporters, who go the beyond and sing vile songs.
I've always enjoyed going to QPR, whether to watch the Albion or football in general.
Maybe because their ground still reminds me of the days when football was fun and not corporate like today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Anyone but Bournemouth for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well the QPR fans I know are ok, as for the other 2 or 3, I cannot speak for them.
Every club has its fvckwit supporters, who go the beyond and sing vile songs.
I've always enjoyed going to QPR, whether to watch the Albion or football in general.
Maybe because their ground still reminds me of the days when football was fun and not corporate like today.

Agreed. A friend who was a Hoops fan used to take me along to Loftus Road occasionally back in their relatively glory years of the mid 1970's, Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, et-al.

Happy carefree days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here