Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Wednesday

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really fail to understand why people want Gonzalez in goal, a keeper nobody has seen play. Brez has been doing fantastically for us in goal recently (bar yesterday) so I can't understand why you would replace him with an unknown.

I would keep him in the side but he MUST go back to his strength and catch the ball instead of this flap and punch routine that gives the ball away in dangerous positions more often than not.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I really fail to understand why people want Gonzalez in goal, a keeper nobody has seen play. Brez has been doing fantastically for us in goal recently (bar yesterday) so I can't understand why you would replace him with an unknown.

Agree he's our number 1 right now BUT, I would take him out the firing line for a game or two because confidence must be low after yesterday, it wasn't his greatest 90 minutes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do you know what we are up against?

Scouting Report v Hull City (A))

I would go for a cautious approach like Sunderland did against Arsenal, stringing five accross the middle and only later in the game pushing players forward in a 4-4-2:

So a middle five of

Buckley, Bridcutt, Sparrow, Barnes, Noone.

Macca up front, of course.

The choice does reflect current form but the style of play of Hull City. And because I want to see Buckley play and perhaps Kazenga and Vicente to come on in the second half. Normally, I would play a classic 4-3-3 but this means only one wide player and a central midfielder of real class: Razak?

Gawd knows about our defence. Depends upon the team we are up against. Greer and three others. I think the best way of stopping Koren coming forward is to keep hold of the ball as much as possible.

Brez in goal. I think he suffers from over confidence, hence his silly mistakes. Anks suffers from errors of judgement.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agree he's our number 1 right now BUT, I would take him out the firing line for a game or two because confidence must be low after yesterday, it wasn't his greatest 90 minutes.

It's tough though, because Ankergren has and always will flap at crosses and we haven't seen Gonzales on the bench once. As nearly everyone has pointed out, we NEED a new keeper in the Summer!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Do you know what we are up against?

Scouting Report v Hull City (A))

I would go for a cautious approach like Sunderland did against Arsenal, stringing five accross the middle and only later in the game pushing players forward in a 4-4-2:

So a middle five of

Buckley, Bridcutt, Sparrow, Barnes, Noone.

Macca up front, of course.

The choice does reflect current form but the style of play of Hull City. And because I want to see Buckley play and perhaps Kazenga and Vicente to come on in the second half. Normally, I would play a classic 4-3-3 but this means only one wide player and a central midfielder of real class: Razak?

Gawd knows about our defence. Depends upon the team we are up against. Greer and three others. I think the best way of stopping Koren coming forward is to keep hold of the ball as much as possible.

Brez in goal. I think he suffers from over confidence, hence his silly mistakes. Anks suffers from errors of judgement.

But Noone has looked poor in the last two games and Buckley has been subbed off after 45 mins in the last two games. I doubt either of them will start unless Buckley really has overcome his fitness problem

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
no point leaving out cms if vokes starts , otherwise what was the point of getting a player like him in to provide service for cms , Bridcut may get a rest (poss injured anyhow)

Anchorman
Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Mattock
Buckley
Razzak
Sparrow
Lualua
Vokes
Cms

Noone
Breadvan
Vicente
El Abd
Barnes

Has Reyes been locked up again for driving while banned, not even in the squad:eek:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But Noone has looked poor in the last two games and Buckley has been subbed off after 45 mins in the last two games. I doubt either of them will start unless Buckley really has overcome his fitness problem

No one seems to take account of the opposition. Enrique (in my opinion) is the best left back in the Premier. My intutition says Noone will be OK against Hull. I much prefer Kazenga but he has got to be able to trap the ball better. And I like him later on the game.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I would go with - as long as all are fit to start

-----------------Brezovan----------------

Reyes-----Greer-----El Abd-----Mattock

------------------Bridcutt-----------------

Buckley----------Vicente---------LuaLua

-------------CMS---------Vokes----------

Bench: Ankegren, Dunk, Razak, JFK, Barnes

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would go with - as long as all are fit to start

-----------------Brezovan----------------

Reyes-----Greer-----El Abd-----Mattock

------------------Bridcutt-----------------

Buckley----------Vicente---------LuaLua

-------------CMS---------Vokes----------

Bench: Ankegren, Dunk, Razak, JFK, Barnes

This except I would have Noone not JFC on the bench (unless you meant the former (and dead) president of the USA which would be flair!)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Assulin injured or has everyone forgotten him ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
.............................................................Brezovan..........................................................
Reyes....................................Greer....................................El-Abd......................Mattock
..............................................................Bridcutt..........................................................
...........................................Razak......................................Sparrow...............................
Assulin....................................................................................................Vicente............
...............................................................CMS..............................................................

Subs.
Ankergren
Dunk
Vincelot
Lua Lua
Vokes

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brezovan
Reyes Greer Dunk Mattock
Assulin Bridcutt Razak LuaLua
Barnes Mackail-Smith
Ankergren, El-Abd, Sparrow, Buckley, Vokes

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
------------------ Gonzalez --------------------
Reyes ---- Greer ------ El Abd ------ Mattock
Buckley ---- Bridcutt --- Razak ------ Lua Lua
------------------- Vicente ----------------------
-------------------- Vokes ----------------------

Highly unlikely, but wishful thinking on my behalf.

This!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No one seems to take account of the opposition. Enrique (in my opinion) is the best left back in the Premier. My intutition says Noone will be OK against Hull. I much prefer Kazenga but he has got to be able to trap the ball better. And I like him later on the game.

But he also had a poor game vs Millwall. I do agree though that going by Gus's style of play Noone is better defensively than LuaLua so he is probably best coming on as a sub.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But he also had a poor game vs Millwall. I do agree though that going by Gus's style of play Noone is better defensively than LuaLua so he is probably best coming on as a sub.
How can even people that recognise when Noone is rubbish STILL want to put him in over the superb LuaLua?

HOW I ASK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here