Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Tuesday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting. Think AK could be superb in that role

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed because otherwise we're screwed twice over.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Reasonable but Bong isnt out of form he is gradually getting back to his best as he showed yesterday.

He was average at best against Brentford and had an absolutely horrendous game tonight. What suggested to you he was getting back to his best?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It appears AK can be added to the list of 'wingers best left on the wing'.

I thought he did well enough all things considered, but certainly no where near good enough to make it worthwhile taking him from the wing.

Turning those 3 'Field players inside out was the other highlight this evening.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It appears AK can be added to the list of 'wingers best left on the wing'.

I thought he did well enough all things considered, but certainly no where near good enough to make it worthwhile taking him from the wing.

Turning those 3 'Field players inside out was the other highlight this evening.

Will go along with most of that. Where I disagree is that It's too early to write him off in that position, although initial signs weren't encouraging. He looked much better when he played on the right for the last c20 minutes. What I'd like to see is more rotation when we play a three off the front-man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will go along with most of that. Where I disagree is that It's too early to write him off in that position, although initial signs weren't encouraging. He looked much better when he played on the right for the last c20 minutes. What I'd like to see is more rotation when we play a three off the front-man.
Deffo.

I quickly convinced myself that the only way this obvious gap can be filled, in the short term, is by 3 players.
I assume it's asking too much of them esp straight away, but if our 2 wingers and the third winger who'll have to be inside, have a complete free reign it might just work.

The inside man, Murphy on occasion last season and AK tonight lose the space the clearly enjoy, get frustrated and disappear from the game.
Popping up anywhere, in a controlled manner (easier said than done) ought to keep the players fresh and be a nightmare to defend.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Deffo.

I quickly convinced myself that the only way this obvious gap can be filled, in the short term, is by 3 players.
I assume it's asking too much of them esp straight away, but if our 2 wingers and the third winger who'll have to be inside, have a complete free reign it might just work.

The inside man, Murphy on occasion last season and AK tonight lose the space the clearly enjoy, get frustrated and disappear from the game.
Popping up anywhere, in a controlled manner (easier said than done) ought to keep the players fresh and be a nightmare to defend.

Let's carry on finding solutions to the absolute disaster of only having three, sorry four, strikers :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here