Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Tuesday

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy. Just play the same team that tore the league a new one in the second half of last season, but with Bong for Rosenior, out of necessity.

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong
Skalak
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert
Baldock
Hemed

That gives us back the 3 key central partnerships that we've not seen together since April.

I very much like the idea of this. While the squad on paper is now stronger with the signings of Sidwell, Norwood, Duffy, WBA man and Murray they don't seem to have stepped into the team as seamlessly as those signed last year did. So, until they do, put them on the bench and let the players that took us to within a goal of the premier league play and get the season up and running.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hughton has tinkered with the team too much so far this season. As others have suggested, give this team a proper run and our form should pick up:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Skalak

Hemed
Baldock

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This is more than names on a team sheet. We need a change of formation because the 442 is not working at the moment. I'd go for a 41221

Any railway entthusiast would tell you that 41221 was known as a "Mickey Mouse" tank. Says it all.

Incidentally 41241 its classmate is preserved at Keighley not far from "Oodersfield".

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stephens paired with Kayal is a must. Goldson for Duffy is a no brainer. Drop Hemed for Baldock. Pocognoli for out of form Bong. Knockaert with ANO, for me Murphy.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
What CH will choose:-
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Skalak
Stephens
Kayal
Murray
Baldock

Good side. For me the most worrying thing about yesterday was defensive. Could have conceded a hatful. Stephens will help that. Other than that the defence needs to find its form again.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Too many changes 2 of which are not needed yet.

Most of the changes i have listed should be seamless ones.

So I suspect you disapprove of Maenpaa and Pocognoli.

Happy to give Stockdale one more chance, but I have given up on Bong.

He has not played well since early last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most of the changes i have listed should be seamless ones.

So I suspect you disapprove of Maenpaa and Pocognoli.

Happy to give Stockdale one more chance, but I have given up on Bong.

He has not played well since early last season.

You assume right Stockdale who hasn't played as well as he did last season in recent matches but couldn't be faulted for the 2 goals and if being really harsh you could say he went to ground to soon for the first. Bong has improved game by game since his injury and yesterday was his best so far and he was one of the better players. Pocognoli wasnt even in the 18 man squad so why should he suddenly come into the reckoning for Tuesday

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
You assume right Stockdale who hasn't played as well as he did last season in recent matches but couldn't be faulted for the 2 goals and if being really harsh you could say he went to ground to soon for the first. Bong has improved game by game since his injury and yesterday was his best so far and he was one of the better players. Pocognoli wasnt even in the 18 man squad so why should he suddenly come into the reckoning for Tuesday

Not convinced on Bong. I was surprised no Pocognoli on the bench - Fitness? I supposed it is unlikely if it is fitness. Especially after the way Stephens had to to additional training rather than be in the match squad.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I cannot believe the criticism opf Bong yesterday so my team would be;

Stockdale?
Bruno...Goldson...Dunk...Bong
Knockaert...Stephens ....Kayal...Murphy
Baldock....Murray,​

We have no obvious replacement for Bruno so he must get a chance to redeem him self the only possible solution is Goldson at right back where he has played but failing that I would replace Duffy with Goldson. Stockdale although not at his best hasnt made the mistakes to be replaced. so he has anther chance to show his form of last season.

I think the biggest fact is CH needs to lay intio them pointing out the faults and also to lift them for Tjuesday. All is not lost YET.

I saw you said something similar about Bruno in another thread. He hasn't had a bad game for what, a year? Why on earth would anyone in their right mind drop him from one below par performance?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw you said something similar about Bruno in another thread. He hasn't had a bad game for what, a year? Why on earth would anyone in their right mind drop him from one below par performance?

Because the right side of our defence was very poor so either Bruno or Duffy has to be changed to tighten up and perhaps only perhaps age is catching up with Bruno. As we have no recognised right back to replace him it seems logical that the one to get changed would be Duffy for Goldson.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Because the right side of our defence was very poor so either Bruno or Duffy has to be changed to tighten up and perhaps only perhaps age is catching up with Bruno. As we have no recognised right back to replace him it seems logical that the one to get changed would be Duffy for Goldson.

There are other ways to tighten up. Like just making sure Bruno doesn't venture forward so much and so often. Ridiculous to even suggest Bruno should be dropped for one bad game. Not convinced Duffy will be either - he's never going to settle in if he's not playing and 2 games hardly constitutes a fair crack of the whip. Teams don't tend to spend £4m on a centre-back unless they expect them to be first choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here