Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Tuesday

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy. Just play the same team that tore the league a new one in the second half of last season, but with Bong for Rosenior, out of necessity.

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong
Skalak
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert
Baldock
Hemed

That gives us back the 3 key central partnerships that we've not seen together since April.

100% this! I'll be very happy if that's our starting line up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is it Huddersfield who play a form of the "gegenpress" ? If so we're going to need quick runners to be able to break behind their back line - perfect for Elvis/Baldock to exploit their pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make them chase shadows. Tendency not to go at them from the start, but play football and wear them out.

Although still one of the best passing sides in the Championship, I'm not sure we are top two. I'm far from sure we are in the top two fittest sides either.

OK to be more direct (less passing style) if we actually score the goals.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Its a new season, with new challenges and a slightly adjusted squad.

We need to play to the strengths of this adjusted squad.

Time to bin off 442 (I'm sure Brentford wont be the only team who have done there homework and can easily defend against it)

I'd go 4-3-3 , allowing us to play all three of our talented central players DS,BK & ON
Play Murray through the middle alone with Knocky to his right and JS,JM,KLL the other side. Thus allowing Knocky to be doing his work 30 yards further forward up the pitch.

Would be more defensively sound and allow our game changer a more free role...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I also think it's time for a change of tactics, now we have a striker good enough to play the lone striker role.

Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Dunk Pocognoli
Stephens Kayal
Skalak Knockaert Murphy
Murray​

Subs
Maenpaa; Duffy, Bong; Norwood, LuaLua; Hemed, Elvis

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goldson is a centre back who has played right back so the only choice to replace is between Bruno and Duffy and based on playing for us I would go with Duffy BUT he cost a lot of money so think CH will stick with him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I also think it's time for a change of tactics, now we have a striker good enough to play the lone striker role.

Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Dunk Pocognoli
Stephens Kayal
Skalak Knockaert Murphy
Murray​

Subs
Maenpaa; Duffy, Bong; Norwood, LuaLua; Hemed, Elvis

I wouldnt disagree with the formation only personnel.Why include Pocognoli who is obviously not fit ? Why Skalak and Murphy and not Knockaert in his correct position? Why AK in a strange positiin and leave Baldock who plays there on the bench? Strange, just put round pegs in round holes not try to put square ones there.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Maenpaa - I like Stockdale, but Maenpaa deserves the shirt tonight.

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Pocognoli - if fit

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Manu - Current strikers not working, he deserves a start after 2 goals in the cup so far.
Murray

Subs:
Stockdale
Duffy
Bong
Norwood
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Murphy must play. Skalak although better when he came on has been poor in all games he has started. Murphy played well in first half. Far more direct then Skalak and gets in box more. Deserves a run of games

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You assume right Stockdale who hasn't played as well as he did last season in recent matches but couldn't be faulted for the 2 goals and if being really harsh you could say he went to ground to soon for the first. Bong has improved game by game since his injury and yesterday was his best so far and he was one of the better players. Pocognoli wasnt even in the 18 man squad so why should he suddenly come into the reckoning for Tuesday

Should never have been beaten at the near post from that angle. I reckon he would have been very disappointed with that goal. He was all over the place positionally, the save he made for a corner in the south goal was ridiculous it must have been going 5 yards wide. His distribution was woeful. I would give NP a game tonight.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If fit
Maenpaa
Bruno Goldson Dunk Poco
Knocky Stephens Kayal Skalak
Baldock Murray

Bench.

Stockdale
Bong
Duffy
Norwood
Murphy
Sidwell
Hemed

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wouldnt disagree with the formation only personnel.Why include Pocognoli who is obviously not fit ? Why Skalak and Murphy and not Knockaert in his correct position? Why AK in a strange positiin and leave Baldock who plays there on the bench? Strange, just put round pegs in round holes not try to put square ones there.

Pocognoli is far better than Bong, I have no idea if he's fit or not. I'll leave that for Hughton to worry about. Skalak is a right winger, so that's not a square peg at all. His game is about getting crosses in, getting assists. It's tough to do that when you're on the wrong side of the pitch, he would be far stronger on the right than left. Knockaert should be given a free reign, let him roam wherever he wants to and Murphy plays on the left generally. As for leaving Baldock on the bench, I take offence to that. I've left him at home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here