Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Happy for the lad. A goal scoring midfielder. Swanny will be pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sets him up well for a loan to the Championship. There will be a queue of clubs interested.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm quite surprised by this. I didn't think he had shown much either at under-23 level or on loan. But I suppose since we spent seven figures on him, it protects our investment.

Potter has spoken very highly of him and he by all accounts was one of Doncaster's best players last season - still only 20 years old. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm quite surprised by this. I didn't think he had shown much either at under-23 level or on loan. But I suppose since we spent seven figures on him, it protects our investment.

11 goals and 5 assists on loan - he “didn’t show much”??????

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Because of the number of goals he scored last season on loan , wouldn’t totally shock me if he stayed as part of the first team squad this season .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

That's consistent with the Getafe game where he got 11 mins plus stoppages as opposed to the loaned out Ostigard who got one.

Swanny makes a good point in that, with White gone, we really could have used our break out U23 being either a centre back or wing back rather than midfielder. Then again, our midfielders - Biss excepted - rarely play what I would call a traditional midfield role, popping up at wingback and behind the forward(s) at regular intervals. However, the best at that seems to be Moder and he's not guaranteed a start.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hmm.

Feels like some of the 9 or 10 central midfielders should go on loan somewhere but maybe Richards got some unique abilities that they want to have available. Maybe Caicedo moving on loan instead... and we've probably not heard the last Bissouma rumour even if its been quiet for a while.

I’m not sure what Richards can do that Mac Allister (who is not starting presently) can’t do?

It’s wing-backs, centre backs and wingers we need but Cochrane, Østigård and possibly Khadra have all been sent away.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m not sure what Richards can do that Mac Allister (who is not starting presently) can’t do?

It’s wing-backs, centre backs and wingers we need but Cochrane, Østigård and possibly Khadra have all been sent away.

If Cucurella signs, all of it is sorted because you get a wing back in him, a centre back in BDB and a winger in March.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Big lad with an eye for goal, who knows what he can offer us?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He went on loan as a teenager, played 41 games and got 10 goals from midfield. Not bad.

5 goals in 14 games for the U23s in his first (curtailed) season with us too, plus a goal an assist in the EFL trophy. Not sure how anyone can claim this kid has been anything less than impressive since he joined.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm surprised - I thought he'd be doing the Championship loan bit this season. Still, he's only 20 - plenty of time for him to do that next year if the development team think it would help his progress - in the meantime, exciting times for the young lad, being in or around the first team.
Fits in with the apparant Potter formula of playing attackers, or forward players, rather than relying on the 'striker' (and if we don't sign one, we're going down) label.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here