Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Blackburn Rovers supporter here again.
There are rumours circulating that we're interested in Richards too. Have you heard that at your end?
(Usual pinch of salt required, of course, because some fans are suggesting we're on the brink of securing van Hecke for another year as well, which seems highly unlikely!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are rumours circulating that we're interested in Richards too. Have you heard that at your end?
(Usual pinch of salt required, of course, because some fans are suggesting we're on the brink of securing van Hecke for another year as well, which seems highly unlikely!)
Personally hadn't heard/seen any Taylor Richards rumours until posts started appearing on this thread today (there may have been some, of course, but I never heard them). Our loans to you last season worked out pretty wel for all parties, so I wouldn't think it was a bad idea to entrust one or two of our youngsters to you again.

Van Hecke? Sorry - I doubt it. If you'd managed to get promotion I reckon there would have been a good argument for giving him another year at Blackburn - cutting his teeth in the PL before coming back to our 1st. team squad with PL exerience in 2023-24, but that horse has bolted. Enjoyed following the progress of our lads at your place last season - even the storm of abuse after that tackle (it was a cracker, wasn't it!) You did much better than Stoke did with our loanees anyway - they had another one of our young CBs on loan too; dropped him (just before their season took a downturn), and either they sent him back or we recalled him because he was wasting his time there not playing - now we've just sold him to a Serie A club for £10M.

Good luck this season anyway.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Off to QPR - loan to buy apparently. QPR absolutely skint so assuming the fee isn’t much

Looks like you might miss out on this one.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Personally hadn't heard/seen any Taylor Richards rumours until posts started appearing on this thread today (there may have been some, of course, but I never heard them). Our loans to you last season worked out pretty wel for all parties, so I wouldn't think it was a bad idea to entrust one or two of our youngsters to you again.

Van Hecke? Sorry - I doubt it. If you'd managed to get promotion I reckon there would have been a good argument for giving him another year at Blackburn - cutting his teeth in the PL before coming back to our 1st. team squad with PL exerience in 2023-24, but that horse has bolted. Enjoyed following the progress of our lads at your place last season - even the storm of abuse after that tackle (it was a cracker, wasn't it!) You did much better than Stoke did with our loanees anyway - they had another one of our young CBs on loan too; dropped him (just before their season took a downturn), and either they sent him back or we recalled him because he was wasting his time there not playing - now we've just sold him to a Serie A club for £10M.

Good luck this season anyway.

Thanks for that.
Khadra showed a lot of promise too, but he got injured at a bad moment.
I think he needs another season out on loan as well.
His main failing was not spotting the right time to release the ball, but I'm sure that will come with more experience.
Does Ostigard's departure mean Duffy and Clarke will definitely be staying?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thanks for that.
His main failing was not spotting the right time to release the ball, but I'm sure that will come with more experience.

I think Duffy is almost certainly going. In a back 3, Potter prefers Dunk, Webster, Veltman and Cucurella ahead of him. Like Østigård, he is a fantastic defender but their attacking, possession and passing games are not quite at the standard Potter needs.

Clarke is different. He seems to have a good attacking game and is comfortable in possession. However, NSC’s resident Derby fan has indicated some areas that might be of concern at the highest level. His pace is not good and his positional play is a worry. He is a top Championship defender but whether that translates to the EPL, we don’t know for now.

My hunch is that because we were seemingly after Bassey from Rangers, the club don’t see Clarke as a replacement for Burn and will go after someone like Chelsea’s Colwill.

In short, both are probably available on loan or sale this summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thanks for that.

Probably not both of them at least... Dunk, Webster, Veltman, JPVH, Clarke, Duffy and (sometimes CB-playing) Cucurella might be one or even two too many.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think Richards is pretty much QPR bound now.

Van Hecke could probably be bought for an Østigard level price, but I doubt a loan out would be an option.

Other available players ( my guess ) : Karbownik ( full back but wants to play midfield ), Duffy, Clarke, McGill ( keeper ), Kozlowski ( 18 year old Polish wonderkid midfielder ), Andone ( red mist striker ), Zeqiri ( nice bloke striker / utility player ), Jenks ( midfielder ) and some younger ones.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think Van Hecke will be 4th choice and essentially the Duffy role last year. He and Cucu (in a pinch) backing up our best 3 with which jumps in depending on the opposition. Roberts is the young hope but still a year or two off joining up to push the need for Cucu out of the 5 places. See him much like a Ben White style just left footed.

Clarke and Duffy don’t seem to quite fit and whilst they’re very useful every now and again, we can’t stifle the progress of those younger than them with higher potential to break into our first three as our stars age just to play one of them 5 games a season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We don’t want.
We don’t really want him.
You’re bloody having him.

Good luck to the kid. He could easily become a superstar at that level but something seems a bit off, maybe mentality wise.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We don’t want.
We don’t really want him.
You’re bloody having him.

Good luck to the kid. He could easily become a superstar at that level but something seems a bit off, maybe mentality wise.

Complete & utter rubbish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here