Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's the allegation that there's no need for.

Indeed.

Not going to say this or that about his mentality before [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] gives me a good round-up about what Taylor Richards spends his days doing

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Indeed.

Not going to say this or that about his mentality before [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] gives me a good round-up about what Taylor Richards spends his days doing

But Swanny, there is a difference between mentality in the sense of general application vs mentality directly relating to the game itself. I’m not saying Richards is out clubbing or any other Connolly-esque-accusers nonsense.
And I’m not even making a huge accusation. I’m simply suggesting it might be that side of his game that he needs to work on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That he hasn’t pushed on in the way we’d hope.
And that have sold him.
Not sure there’s any need for the vitriol.

The club may well have decided that he is unlikely to make it at EPL level ahead of other options available but you really can’t disrespect someone with no evidence beyond an interpretation that (being injured last season) means he has the wrong mentality - the response isn’t “vitriol” it’s ridicule and I’m afraid deservedly so

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A huge factor in our appeal to young talent is the fact that we don't hold on to any individual unnecessarily. Players will have the opportunity to develop with us, if they hit the heights then they will get game time and if the find a ceiling is met we will listen to offers for them to continue a career elsewhere. We are good for a future no matter how successful their time with us is.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Thanks to all those who replied to my questions about Richards, etc. That bird has flown!
Personally, I would welcome getting Duffy back to Ewood (although some Rovers supporters have not forgotten the sourness that surrounded his last months with us!)
To be honest, though, even if we could afford the fee (after selling Ben Brereton-Diaz, for example), he would have to take a huge drop in wages.
Our salary-cap is £17,000 per week, and I understand SD is on £40,000.
Getting Clarke on loan is more realistic, but he probably wants a permanent move at this stage of his career.

It appears that West Ham are now the PL club most interested in BBD.
Has interest in him dropped at your end?
I did wonder about Zeqiri being part of any deal on that front, or does he still feature in Potter's plans?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thanks to all those who replied to my questions about Richards, etc. That bird has flown!
Personally, I would welcome getting Duffy back to Ewood (although some Rovers supporters have not forgotten the sourness that surrounded his last months with us!)
To be honest, though, even if we could afford the fee (after selling Ben Brereton-Diaz, for example), he would have to take a huge drop in wages.
Our salary-cap is £17,000 per week, and I understand SD is on £40,000.
Getting Clarke on loan is more realistic, but he probably wants a permanent move at this stage of his career.

I did wonder about Zeqiri being part of any deal on that front, or does he still feature in Potter's plans?

TBH, I don't think we ever were seriously after BBD. I think Duffy is in the last year of his contract, and he's not really a vital need for us - but you have pointed out the difficulty; unless one of the newy promoted teams wants a last ditch head-it kick-it block-it with anything type defender (and a very good one at that), or another team takes him on loan and pays a decent part of his wages, he's most likely going to be with us this season.
Zeqiri? :shrug:
I don't think he'll be involved with us this season, but what the plans are - sell or loan - I've no idea. Hope you do get to borrow a youngster or two from us this season - you did OK with the last two, and we've got plenty! What positions do you think a good young loanee might thrive in, and help you at the same time?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good question.

We have more than enough strikers at the moment. This list would need to go down to 3 before we’d consider BBD. But I have a feeling that the club have moved on are are looking for something a bit different now.

1. Welbeck - Our No.1 striker. Top 6 quality but injury prone.

2. Maupay - Misses too many sitters and only has a year left on his contract. Maybe not good enough for a top 10 team? Wants to play every game and gets very upset when he is on the bench.

3. Undav - A very late developer. Scored loads in Belgium but can he do it in the EPL? Seems to have a very similar game to Maupay (although he can apparently bury sitters).

4. Ferguson - He maybe has more potential than BBD but is only 18. A star of the future but a loan might be more useful.

5. Zeqiri - Not part of 22/23 plans. Loan or sale.

6. Andone. - Definitely not part of 22/23 plans. Contract pay-off.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
TBH, I don't think we ever were seriously after BBD. I think Duffy is in the last year of his contract, and he's not really a vital need for us - but you have pointed out the difficulty; unless one of the newy promoted teams wants a last ditch head-it kick-it block-it with anything type defender (and a very good one at that), or another team takes him on loan and pays a decent part of his wages, he's most likely going to be with us this season.
Zeqiri? :shrug:
I don't think he'll be involved with us this season, but what the plans are - sell or loan - I've no idea. Hope you do get to borrow a youngster or two from us this season - you did OK with the last two, and we've got plenty! What positions do you think a good young loanee might thrive in, and help you at the same time?

GT49er - our biggest need is for a creative or end-to-end midfielder. I suspect, though, that it's one area where we might invest in a permanent signing.
At centre-back, we have some very promising youngsters - including Ashley Phillips, who is already attracting PL interest - but most supporters would love to have JPvH back for another year, especially because Daniel Ayala tends to be injury-prone. Clarke might be an alternative.
Zeqiri would definitely be of interest, though - especially if Brereton-Diaz leaves.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Good question.

We have more than enough strikers at the moment. This list would need to go down to 3 before we’d consider BBD. But I have a feeling that the club have moved on are are looking for something a bit different now.

1. Welbeck - Our No.1 striker. Top 6 quality but injury prone.

2. Maupay - Misses too many sitters and only has a year left on his contract. Maybe not good enough for a top 10 team? Wants to play every game and gets very upset when he is on the bench.

3. Undav - A very late developer. Scored loads in Belgium but can he do it in the EPL? Seems to have a very similar game to Maupay (although he can apparently bury sitters).

4. Ferguson - He maybe has more potential than BBD but is only 18. A star of the future but a loan might be more useful.

5. Zeqiri - Not part of 22/23 plans. Loan or sale.

6. Andone. - Definitely not part of 22/23 plans. Contract pay-off.

How BBD would do in the PL is a big question.
He definitely has a more rounded game than Adam Armstrong, and he offers a surprise element because he deceives defenders with his skill.
All the same, it's a big step.

Moving away from that, I notice that Locadia is now a free agent.
How do you all think he might fare in the Championship?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He definitely has a more rounded game than Adam Armstrong, and he offers a surprise element because he deceives defenders with his skill.

Locadia was lovingly nicknamed "DJ Strollabout" by some of our fans, in part because of his music side career. He has a powerful shot but if we were in the Championship I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

You could do worse, but it would take quite some effort. He is good enough to make a mark at that level, but when you see a professional footballer ducking at the last minute to avoid heading a ball, you can guess how things will work out for him at Stoke on a Tuesday night.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
GT49er - our biggest need is for a creative or end-to-end midfielder. I suspect, though, that it's one area where we might invest in a permanent signing.
At centre-back, we have some very promising youngsters - including Ashley Phillips, who is already attracting PL interest - but most supporters would love to have JPvH back for another year, especially because Daniel Ayala tends to be injury-prone. Clarke might be an alternative.
Zeqiri would definitely be of interest, though - especially if Brereton-Diaz leaves.

Well, FWIW (which is not a lot, obviously!) you'd be very welcome to Zeqiri. Pity you couldn't have got in frst for Sima.

A Championship loan could be good for midfielder Teddy Jenks, who had an awful time at Aberdeen last year.. Greeted with "Why do we need a poof with an earring from Brighton?" he was still the only loanee that didn't get sent packing in January. Trouble was he made runs which all too often weren't picked out, and anticipated runs that his team mates might make - which would have happened in PL2, but not in a awful Aberdeen team that flirted with relegation - and the new manager in mid-February pretty much ended his game time. Maybe the Championship is too big a step up from Aberdeen - but Championship or League 1, Jenks could be an interesting one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gone - official loan with a view to permanent. Arrived with a lot of promise but never seemed to get that close to the first team.

I know pre season 2 years ago he seemed a bit frustrated so perhaps attitude is part of it

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It is very hard to earn a chance in our first team, and that's how it should be. The standard is very high and if you want to get a chance, you have to work for it. Nobody can claim there's no pathway into the first team now because several players have shown that there is. It's up to the individual to create the opportunity and take it. He didn't pull up trees with Doncaster, although it did seem to go well - but his time with Birmingham last season seemed like a bit of a waste of time. It's unclear why that was, but he's got himself another chance at QPR. He has the potential to have a good career in the game, but he could also become Abdul Razak. Really, it's up to him and how much he's prepared to work for it - and that's something nobody on here knows.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
but his time with Birmingham last season seemed like a bit of a waste of time. It's unclear why that was,

The major problem with his time at Birmingham is that he actually picked up an injury during the medical when he signed. His foot slipped off a board and he did his ankle. That ruled him out until the start of March, he was always going to be up against it after that to force his way in with less than a quarter of the season left to play.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/birmingham-city-brighton-taylor-richards-23207552

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Well, FWIW (which is not a lot, obviously!) you'd be very welcome to Zeqiri. Pity you couldn't have got in frst for Sima.

A Championship loan could be good for midfielder Teddy Jenks, who had an awful time at Aberdeen last year.. Greeted with "Why do we need a poof with an earring from Brighton?" he was still the only loanee that didn't get sent packing in January. Trouble was he made runs which all too often weren't picked out, and anticipated runs that his team mates might make - which would have happened in PL2, but not in a awful Aberdeen team that flirted with relegation - and the new manager in mid-February pretty much ended his game time. Maybe the Championship is too big a step up from Aberdeen - but Championship or League 1, Jenks could be an interesting one.

In the midfield position, it looks as if we are getting Tyler Morton from Liverpool on loan.
We seem to have a good relationship with both you and Liverpool, which is mutually beneficial.
It sounds as if JPvH is restless for a chance in your match-day squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here