Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Do you have Tattoos ?

• Total voters

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I just see them as scars, nothing nice about them from my perspective.
Personally find ladies with them un attractive.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Look cool on blokes in their 20s or those that look after themselves - Beckham for example. However, they don't look so good on the avergae 40+ balding fat bloke.

Have always thought that they look terrible on women.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I just see them as scars, nothing nice about them from my perspective.
Personally find ladies with them un attractive.

image.jpg

You're probably not her type anyway :)

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Look cool on blokes in their 20s or those that look after themselves - Beckham for example. However, they don't look so good on the avergae 40+ balding fat bloke.

Have always thought that they look terrible on women.

What if you're not fat and not balding (not too much anyway) and in your 50s?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have one, only had it done the other week and I'm 25. It looks nice and I'm happy with it. It's small and it's easily concealed. Not got a problem with tattoos and no preference on women either, think it's a different thing for each generation.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I have a full sleeve on one arm, 3/4 sleeve on the other and a chest piece. Oh and one on a finger.

I'll probably have more done at some point.

I think generally attitudes towards them have changed. I work in a professional environment and when it's hot I wear short sleeves or roll my sleeves up and my tattoos are visible. No one minds and I find people are more likely to ask me about them.

As for when you get old. I'm in my 40s, when I'm older and my hairs grey, my skin sags and I've got false teeth, the last thing I'm going to be bothered about is the ink in my skin.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
I'm not really a fan of tattoos in terms of people who have 1 or 2 yet I love it when people have huge amounts of them, where a person has devoted turning their body into being a form of art essentially, Travis Barker for instance. Go big home or go home. Yea I'm weird.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I have a full sleeve on one arm, 3/4 sleeve on the other and a chest piece. Oh and one on a finger.

I'll probably have more done at some point.

I think generally attitudes towards them have changed. I work in a professional environment and when it's hot I wear short sleeves or roll my sleeves up and my tattoos are visible. No one minds and I find people are more likely to ask me about them.

As for when you get old. I'm in my 40s, when I'm older and my hairs grey, my skin sags and I've got false teeth, the last thing I'm going to be bothered about is the ink in my skin.

Yes you will be bothered about it because all the young people will judge you...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gosh, some very snooty people on here today...... I like them, on the whole, and who cares about 30 years time. Just check you beer gut, or your saggy tits (males and females) . . . . a crap diet and channel hopping is much more harmful than a little illustration.

A friend of mine is a tattoo artist. He's covered in them himself. All high end stuff. They are creeping up the neck and down the hands now, though.... a bit near the present taboo level.

Times change. I remember a woman in a pub near the King Alfred with self-administered crosses and the like on her arms. back in the 70s. I was actually shocked at what looked to me like mutilation.

More recently, there is a fat bloke in his 40s in my town who has his head and face covered in tats, mostly in red ink. He sometimes shops with his son, who is about ten. The poor littel bugger looks sad all the time.

I suppose tattoos are a bit like drink; some like, some don't. Sometimes quite a lot is nice, as long as you are in control, but it can be a symptom of an underlying problem and get out of hand. And unlike a bender, or even alcoholism, you can't really fix morbid face tattoos . . . . self harming by proxy, perhaps.

Me? I have none, but looked into getting a BHA one done about ten years ago (in Brighton). I went to 3 places, and didn't like the vibe, so left it.

My best mate is a social worker. He once sectioned a guy who had LOVE and HAT on his knuckles. Apparently he didn't have enough money on him at the time to pay for the E . . . . and the husband of a friend, who supports the Spurs, has the Spurs crest on his arm. Yes, he's not happy: it looks like a chicken. :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Man walks into a tattoo shop.
"How can I help you? " asks the tattooist.

The man says " I would like my football team tattooed on my knuckles "
" No problem " says the tattooist " what do you want exactly? "

The man says. " N-O-R-W-I-C-H on this hand"
" And C-I-T-Y-F-C on this hand"

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Arrived very early one morning in Manila for the start of a motorbike trip with a couple of American friends. As we didn't have to pick up the bikes until the next day we got stuck into the local beers.

The next morning, just as we thought we'd never see him again, the missing friend staggers into our hotel room. All of his money was gone, but he had memories of having sex in a hotel that had a life sized viking mannequin in reception.

We went through his phone and we found several images of a lady's lower back with HIS name tattooed on it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
People getting tattoos between the age 18 - 25 has gone up by 30%
People getting tattoos removed between the age of 48 - 55 has gone up by 45%
Go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here