Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like we've missed out here. I hope we pushed the boat out sufficiently. Can't help thinking that we should have made Abraham our No 1 target and gone for him big time. He is well worth it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Come on a last push to get him down here to the Albion.
Blue is in his colour, it's all black and white up there in Toon land :cool:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Looks like we've missed out here. I hope we pushed the boat out sufficiently. Can't help thinking that we should have made Abraham our No 1 target and gone for him big time. He is well worth it.

How do you know he isn't/wasn't our number 1 target? How do you know we haven't/aren't going for him big time? And what does going for him big time mean given his contract is with Chelsea so his wage is fixed?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bad choice for him in my opinion and that's not with albion tinted specs. Personally not too bothered either way.

All this bollocks about 'bigger club' and '50k gates' has zero influence on a loan deal, he's gong to want game time to further his career in order push into the first team of the club he's actually contracted to.

That said, footballers aren't very smart and the rapture of working under the FSW has obviously 'turned his head' :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

:lolol: the close season wouldn't be the same without you getting all depressed that we haven't signed a striker

I thought I was bad but you take it to another level :wink:

If Newcastle really want him they have so many advantages over us that we basically stand absolutely no chance of landing him, shame but shit happens ( most close seasons regarding Albion strikers!)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With a limit of just 1 loan from Chelsea, maybe with other striker targets likely, the albion preferred a different Chelsea loanster ? ???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With a limit of just 1 loan from Chelsea, maybe with other striker targets likely, the albion preferred a different Chelsea loanster ? ???

Doubtful, TA the clear prospect.

The appeal of this deal was always going to be the absence of a transfer fee and that he doesn't take a place in the 25.

A shame, let's hope Winstanley and co will bring in some magic from abroad.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Doubtful, TA the clear prospect.

The appeal of this deal was always going to be the absence of a transfer fee and that he doesn't take a place in the 25.

A shame, let's hope Winstanley and co will bring in some magic from abroad.
The albion cast their net for multiple targets at once for each position, not target 1 then target 2 then target 3.

What if a better striker that they are also pursuing is looking likely now ?

Actually, the real point is that we simply don't know the circumstances here. It could be the albion were outbid on this deal. Equally that could not be the case, and another reason which is hidden to us came into play.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not really bothered. He's a fantastic player at Championship level and is a real prospect for the future and could do a job this year but we're Premier League and that means we have a wealth of other options the fans know nothing about. BHA have obviously deemed it worth losing out and that is fine by me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Shame if true, and I don't think it would be the best move for the player either as he will compete with Gayle for his place, Come here and he was a shoe-in for many more starts, which is what he and his parent club want for him.

Just as Arsenal thought about Akpom.

Abraham is completely unproven at Premier League level and if Newcastle are willing to bet on him to the extent of offering to pay his no doubt considerable wages as well as a loan fee, then good luck to them. TB likes to beg but not to gamble so much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The albion cast their net for multiple targets at once for each position, not target 1 then target 2 then target 3.

What if a better striker that they are also pursuing is looking likely now ?

Actually, the real point is that we simply don't know the circumstances here. It could be the albion were outbid on this deal. Equally that could not be the case, and another reason which is hidden to us came into play.

Outbid almost certainly. NU are in a position to pay greater wages and a larger borrowers fee to Chelski.

Facts of life in the football food chain. Real Madrid and Man City outbid Arsenal and Liverpool for players fees/wages, and so it works down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tap in Tammy

We may very well have a chance of any of the other 36 or so Chelsea loanees and Newcastle may have already blown being in contention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here