Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
A chance to play in front of 50,000 + every other week.
Gayle has history of injury's and the other strikers did not show in the championship, so he knows he could well be straight in.
We will play 1.
Pepe Reina signing from Napoli other the weekend.
Their getting good deals done...
In the hard world of football I know where I would head too...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Missing out on a #1 identified target must set back the recruiting team a bit.

If you have to go from getting in a player who only costs wages to having to find a target that might now cost millions to be deducted from a transfer budget it must take a toll somewhere within the process of building a team.

May 24, 2017
We need to aim much higher than this anyway if we have any hope of surviving in the PL.....i can't see it happening personally.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
And everyone was assuming he'd co e here because Brighton is a really nice place and only an hour from London. If he does go to Newcastle, hopefully it will stop everyone reeling out that assumption for every potential signing this summer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And everyone was assuming he'd co e here because Brighton is a really nice place and only an hour from London. If he does go to Newcastle, hopefully it will stop everyone reeling out that assumption for every potential signing this summer.

:thumbsup:

Huge 52,000 gates, massive budget this summer to give TA better team mates, larger wages and a football mad area.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Am i missing something ?... has he signed for Newcastle ?

Nope, if he does he does. Nobody from the club has said his the number 1 target have they?, would have been good yes but I trust CH & TB to get the man they want, get ready to move on and close thread.

Last edited:

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Ok so Newcastle are prepared to pay the wages in full and probably a a few million loan fee, so he goes there. Fair enough, move on. There will be plenty of other possible targets.

The concern is, pretty much any PL forward who will do a job, would require similar kinds of money. Hughton will need a few signings around that kind of price point this summer. If the club don't back him with that for Abraham, then who?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Ok so Newcastle are prepared to pay the wages in full and probably a a few million loan fee, so he goes there. Fair enough, move on. There will be plenty of other possible targets.

The concern is, pretty much any PL forward who will do a job, would require similar kinds of money. Hughton will need a few signings around that kind of price point this summer. If the club don't back him with that for Abraham, then who?

Who says the club didn't back him.? We have no idea if and/or why he picked Newcastle.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

We didn't send him a cake - surely that's the reason.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm pretty sure that both us and Newcastle were given permission to talk to him. That means we have both agreed to their terms and the decision is the players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here