Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking the criteria of fanbase, stadium, potential and club history into consideration....

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Always a subjective argument though isn't it? Crowd size/fanbase and nothing but crowd size/fanbase for me, don't give a crap how many top flight seasons or trophies won (but as I say, that's just my criteria)

By that logic Arsenal are bigger than Chelsea.......I know it's only one example but it's definitely one that shows crowd size/fanbase aren't always the best measure.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I think some of our fans are getting ahead of themselves too quickly. Sorry. At the moment, we are way down the pecking order - Norwich and Stoke have many years of top flight history, both have won the League Cup, both have played in Europe.... Only when we start to get up there and compete in the Premiership, fairly comfortably, for a few seasons, can we start to rank ourselves above Stok and Norwich. I'd put Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley in that category too. Leeds United, best team in the country for about 7 or 8 years, European Cup finalists in 1975... Wolves ... WBA.... Currently all bigger. In my opinion

We still havent done anything yet... its all potential.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think some of our fans are getting ahead of themselves too quickly. Sorry. At the moment, we are way down the pecking order - Norwich and Stoke have many years of top flight history, both have won the League Cup, both have played in Europe.... Only when we start to get up there and compete in the Premiership, fairly comfortably, for a few seasons, can we start to rank ourselves above Stok and Norwich. I'd put Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley in that category too. Leeds United, best team in the country for about 7 or 8 years, European Cup finalists in 1975... Wolves ... WBA.... Currently all bigger. In my opinion

Is that right,8 posts in 8 years!?

Shame because you seem to post alot of sense

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

wellsaid,some posters on here havent a scooby,what a daft thread

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Has anybody done a study on the perceived sizes of football clubs & penis lengths?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At the end of the day, fanbase, attendence, size of your stadium etc, count for nothing as what matter is what happens on the pitch. Always has been and probably always will be.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Always a subjective argument though isn't it? Crowd size/fanbase and nothing but crowd size/fanbase for me, don't give a crap how many top flight seasons or trophies won (but as I say, that's just my criteria)

So Albion's notable achievements down the years mean nothing to you? Is the shared memory of all those occasions when you sold x thousand seats going to provide you with a rich heritage that sustains your fanbase?

I'm shocked. If this is representative of the new breed of BHA fan (or should that read "customer"), then God help you all.

green

Jul 7, 2009
By that logic Arsenal are bigger than Chelsea.......I know it's only one example but it's definitely one that shows crowd size/fanbase aren't always the best measure.

Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea, dare I say it Spurs probably are as well. Chelsea like, Man City and PSG are rich mens toys in a false position who'll just vanish back to mediocrity once the money men move on/get bored etc - just look at Blackburn.

With B&H it's all about potential, we should have played more seasons at a higher level and who knows won a big trophy here and there, but we haven't and until we do we're always going to be treated as a small club by others.

green

Jul 7, 2009
Just looking at the main Southern clubs I'd say we are ranked 3rd

Southampton
Portsmouth
Brighton
Reading
Bournemouth
Crawley

I like the way you've wiped gillingham from your list, shame the same couldn't be done to the town itself.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
wellsaid,some posters on here havent a scooby,what a daft thread

Sorry why is it a daft thread, alot of other posters do not seem to think so.......

Please enlighten me.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I suspect he thinks it's daft because the criteria that is being used is subjective and only based on your opinion as to what constitutes a bigger club

Funny how the criteria he has chosen suits BHA at this moment in time as well... Surely the size of clubs should be mesured on various things.

Trophys
Historical crowds
Season's in top leagues
Record signing
Size of ground
Played european football
Probably plenty more things you could throw in the mix.

BTW Sheffield Wednesday are bigger then you lot.

D

Deleted member 18477

how are we viewed by other clubs supporters?

I doubt not many Stoke or Leicester fans would say were bigger than them

and let's face it,we're not are we

This. There are loads of other clubs bigger than us! Loads!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Funny how the criteria he has chosen suits BHA at this moment in time as well... Surely the size of clubs should be mesured on various things.

Yes.

Charity Shield wins
Proximity to the sea
Season ticket holders
Length of club name
Price of pies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here