Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take him or leave him- Rooney 3 game ban

Should Rooey go or not

• Total voters

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
3 match ban was obvious only got himself to blame for his brainless act, we have taken unfit players before so prob should go but he will have to take 5 forwards.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Whatever anyone thinks of Rooney, You can not deny that he is our best player by a country mile. We will probably scrape through a pony group and will need him after. You can not leave Wayne Rooney at home

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Of very little interest to me, but surely in a 6-game tournament, you don't take a player that is guaranteed to miss 50% (and let's face it, more likely 75%) of the tournament. If England do get through, surely you don't want to break up the team that has got through what is always a competitive group stage in the Euros.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We will probably scrape through a pony group and will need him after. You can not leave Wayne Rooney at home

Are there "pony" groups at the Euros though? Not gonna have Algeria + USA making up the numbers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would still take him as well

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
As I said in the other post It depends on the form of our other strikers at the time but If I had to chose on recent form then I would take him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Take him. IF we get through, then we'll need him against 'better' sides.

I do have to wonder if he had been German, French or Spanish whether his ban would have been for three games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Definitely take him otherwise the options are Heskey or Owen

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Without Rooney we have zero World Class strikers.
We may as well field a team of youngsters and get them some experience for the main event in 2014.
A starting 11 of:

Hart
Jones
Smalling
Cahill
Kelly
Walcott
Wilshere
Henderson
Young
Welbeck
Carroll

Would at least be exciting to watch, and I'm sure they would play their socks off for the shirt. f*** the golden generation, get them all out. They've had so many chances to prove that they are world beaters, and have only proven that they are overpaid, passionless bottlejobs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I voted no but then realised that the manager would be saying to the team that he has no faith in their ability to get past the first round.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a big Rooney fan, he is our best player and I can't understand the people who don't see that.

If it had been a one-game ban, take him. A two-game ban would have been borderline for me, but I'd have taken him.

However with a three-game ban it is madness to take him, it is a total waste of a forward's place, and historically we only take four.

This tournament, Euro 96 aside, is one we do very badly in, and have in the past failed to get out of groups. By taking Rooney you are basically saying we will definitely qualify, that is incredibly arrogant for a team with so little to crow about.

We need a full squad, there is no point in taking even your best player who is sitting on his arse for three games, and Rooney has no one to blame but himself. He has let his country down, and a bit like Rio missing a drugs test, now he is going to miss a major tournament.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't get why they're making such a big deal out of this anyway. England are shit but even we won't struggle to make it past the group stage without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here