Syria vote Labour demands evidence

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you this about Nelson Mandela, it would really interest me?

WTF has that got to do with anything, unless I'm missing something here.

Martyn, you seem a tad pissed off we can't go to war again, will you be joining the lads?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
WTF has that got to do with anything, unless I'm missing something here.

Martyn, you seem a tad pissed off we can't go to war again, will you be joining the lads?

I was asking the question in relation to his feeling on Amnesty International, clearly related. Sadly I typed is wrong as I was having my disability insulted by Brightonfan1 in a private message.
Clearly as you know my situation your 'will you be joining the lads' comment was also in relation to my health as clearly I won't be.

Brightonfan1

Jun 2, 2013
I was asking the question in relation to his feeling on Amnesty International, clearly related. Sadly I typed is wrong as I was having my disability insulted by Brightonfan1 in a private message.
Clearly as you know my situation your 'will you be joining the lads' comment was also in relation to my health as clearly I won't be.

stop blaming me also I did not insult your disability (didn't even know you had one as it goes) and read it properly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They do. And the reasons go back in their respective religeous histories. The Sunnis are mainstream, but there are over 70 sects that we gather together under the Shiite banner. They are fundementally extreamist and it is easy to see the effects where they hold power or even exist. Bombing Mosques for **** sake - how sick is that?

wow. tops score for generalisation there. thats like saying all protestants are extremists because of the UDF.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No - I'm just saying that it should be obvious to anyone who has bothered to follow the uprising comprehensively from the beginning that it is the Islamist terrorists who committed this illegal chemical attack. Especially over the past year, where it seems to have been building up to this.

Really?

I've followed the Civil war closely too (I spent some time in Damascus and have Syrian friends) and whilst its very clear that the opposition is fragmented, I don't think they were responsible.

What about the napalm bomb dropped from the plane on the school playground in the North of the Country on Monday? Were they responsible for that too?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Either make a point in relation to the thread or go away

Well said mate. What we do with our time is up to us. I may not agree with you on this subject, but that's what on-line forums are all about.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, one thing's for certain, sectarian violence is going to be rife whether either side wins or not. The Shia and Sunnis f*cking hate each other.

This is spot on. Its been a religious war for some time now. We're best out of it anyway. I for one am happy that none of our lads will be put in danger in yet another illegal war.

For once....democracy worked yesterday. I never thought I'd see the day.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If William Hague was an Intelligence chief for a country supplying the Sunni jihadists with arms in Syria?...Its kind of weird, considering they fight them in Saudi Arabia.
I think you misread it tbh...it was allegedly supplied to them by some Saudi militant, not personally by Prince Sultan.

The accusation by Soulman's article that Prince Bandar supplied the chemical weapons to certain rebels is what I refer to.

The whole issue is incredibly confusing in Sunni Saudi Arabia, they put down the extreme Wahhabists, from where Al Qaeda was spawned. This Islamist group is paid by the Saudi Government to keep religious order throughout the land by the Muttawah. This is one of the many paradoxes of Saudi life.

For other posts Assad is not Shiite or Sunni but Alawite.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Really?

I've followed the Civil war closely too (I spent some time in Damascus and have Syrian friends) and whilst its very clear that the opposition is fragmented, I don't think they were responsible.

What about the napalm bomb dropped from the plane on the school playground in the North of the Country on Monday? Were they responsible for that too?

I agree. I had Syrian friends, from my time in Riyadh but don't know if I have anymore.....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The accusation by Soulman's article that Prince Bandar supplied the chemical weapons to certain rebels is what I refer to.

The whole issue is incredibly confusing in Sunni Saudi Arabia, they put down the extreme Wahhabists, from where Al Qaeda was spawned. This Islamist group is paid by the Saudi Government to keep religious order throughout the land by the Muttawah. This is one of the many paradoxes of Saudi life.

For other posts Assad is not Shiite or Sunni but Alawite.

I know mate, I lived in Riyadh, Al Khobar, and Hafr al Batin myself..alawite is a one of the many strands of the Shia. The intelligence mnister would have a say in where the weapons they are passing out are going...The Saudis are supplying the 'rebels', so I doubt that he wouldnt know about it....how is the place now, were you there recently?

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Amnesty are scum. They should all be hung themselves. All they do is support terrorists and cannot understand that if the terrorists they support kept themselves out of trouble, nobody would be in prision in the first place.

If they are such "murderous tyrants", why do they treat their people with kid gloves? Even their prisons have ares for conjugal visits.

I suggest you change your reading matter to something a little less biased.

And I suggest you are either a wind up artist or a Neo-con lunatic.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I agree. I had Syrian friends, from my time in Riyadh but don't know if I have anymore.....

I have Christian Syrian friends in Riyadh. Although they've been based in Saudi for many years. And my local Lebanese grill is actually Syrian. Imagine they are all Sunni. Really friendly people who I've never had the balls to speak about the current state of affairs.

Riyadh feels relatively safe. Various embassies still having 'events' in the DQ at the weekends. You notice a few FSA flags on the cars. Lebanon where I also travel to regularly is a different matter - they've just raised the alert level and no longer any green (safe) bits on the map. Essential travel only to certain areas. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/lebanon Problem is if you fly into Lebanon you travel through a Hezbollah area (Hezbollah control the airport hence the Israeli strikes in 06) to get to Sunni/Christian parts.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
nsc.jpg

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
iran_usa.jpg

The Truth

Banned