Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea v Sunderland

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
A couple of weeks ago I received a misdirected text from a Sunderland fan to his mate excited at the thought that they might get Poyet in, today I have just received another one saying "The club were wrong to sack Di Canio bring him back Poyet has no idea. How fickle are football fans.

He must be a bit dim to have misdirected not one, but two texts to you.
I and many others have said all along that the club were wrong to sack Di Canio; that doesn't stop me being excited that we've got Poyet in: just less excited than I was having Paolo in charge.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Talksport just said 'Poyet wasn't impressed with his players':moo:

Excuse number 1. Expect many more before its anything to do with himself. Despite him having almost a fortnight to look, asses and pick his own team and no doubt study all there previous games. That was there biggest defeat so far, I mean a 1-0 or even 2-0 loss would have been more like it. But 4-0, that's a tonking in anyone's book.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Poyet must act quickly to rid the club of some of the poisonous elements who've seen off more than one manager before him. Bardsley, Gardner, Larsson and O'Shea are four for starters who should never play for Sunderland again. If we have to pay up their contracts in full or pay their entire wages while they go on loan to a Championship club, then do it. But hope B&HA aren't tempted to bring any of them in.

In what way are they poisonous?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It will be something of a miracle for Gus to keep Sunderland up, usually to avoid relegation you need 1 point a game. They have 1 point in 8 games and now need something like 1.5 points a game with that figure increasing every draw or loss.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
According to those who were there it wasn't. it was Swansea fans; and I say that as one of the many who were disgusted at the sacking of Di Canio.
The way Paolo Di Canio was portrayed and perceived outside of The North-East is completely out of line with the truth. The media were determined to destroy him from the moment he got the job, and they succeeded. They also succeeded in making the country believe he was nothing but a wild-eyed madman who failed miserably. He isn't and he didn't; he was sacked after just 13 matches before he'd had a chance to do more than begin the massive task of rebuilding our wreck of a team. Rarely can a manager have been fired with so many of the supporters still fully behind him.
I'm fully behind Poyet but I think we've lost an even better manager in Paolo.

I think that you are right that, you should have stuck with Paolo. From what we have heard in the media about the squad members PDC was fully entitled to question their attitude and tell them how it is.

However after the sacking, to be completely honest, Kevin Ball should have got the job, he knows the club and the players inside out, and despite the losses against Liverpool and Man U, they played really well and with spirit. Sometimes if spirit is all you have, the fans will take it as the minimum requirement.

Now the players have a mighty task to get to know Gus, and by the time they do, they may not even like him, or agree with his tactics, and it will be too late. I can see another player revolution because Short has in affect empowered them.

Pretty sure it would have been a lot simpler with Kevin Ball as the manager.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
According to those who were there it wasn't. it was Swansea fans; and I say that as one of the many who were disgusted at the sacking of Di Canio.
The way Paolo Di Canio was portrayed and perceived outside of The North-East is completely out of line with the truth. The media were determined to destroy him from the moment he got the job, and they succeeded. They also succeeded in making the country believe he was nothing but a wild-eyed madman who failed miserably. He isn't and he didn't; he was sacked after just 13 matches before he'd had a chance to do more than begin the massive task of rebuilding our wreck of a team. Rarely can a
manager have been fired with so many of the supporters still fully behind him.
I'm fully behind Poyet but I think we've lost an even better manager in Paolo.

You will all realise in due course that you have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
Gus Poyet is still a rookie as a manager and still learning. He will never fully mature as a manager because he believes he knows everything already. The players will always get the blame and the charasmatic Mr. Poyet will continue to court the press. He is not a deep thinker about the game, therefore he won't spend too long trying to sort out your problems. He will implement his gameplan and if it doesn't work, the players will be blamed. His innate caution will be exposed at PL level and his back-up team aren't good enough.
In short, he's not up to the job. The Chairman should have gone for experience and nous like Pulis. Still, he's made his bed and he's now got to lie in it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ROKERITE;5992372[B said:
]He must be a bit dim to have misdirected not one, but two texts to you.[/B]
I and many others have said all along that the club were wrong to sack Di Canio; that doesn't stop me being excited that we've got Poyet in: just less excited than I was having Paolo in charge.

Probably entered his mate Ron's number wrongly in his contacts. Having said that when I replied the first time he should have amended it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It will be something of a miracle for Gus to keep Sunderland up, usually to avoid relegation you need 1 point a game. They have 1 point in 8 games and now need something like 1.5 points a game with that figure increasing every draw or loss.

I said this a while back, at the moment 2 out of the 3 relegation places will be sorted before the Christmas decorations come down

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You will all realise in due course that you have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
Gus Poyet is still a rookie as a manager and still learning. He will never fully mature as a manager because he believes he knows everything already. The players will always get the blame and the charasmatic Mr. Poyet will continue to court the press. He is not a deep thinker about the game, therefore he won't spend too long trying to sort out your problems. He will implement his gameplan and if it doesn't work, the players will be blamed. His innate caution will be exposed at PL level and his back-up team aren't good enough.
In short, he's not up to the job. The Chairman should have gone for experience and nous like Pulis. Still, he's made his bed and he's now got to lie in it.

Nail, head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here