Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea v Sunderland

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
As everyone knows, Gus started with a great away win at Saints, then settled in to trying to sort out our defence whilst we suffered a number of defeats and dire draws. It all started clicking in the last third of the season. I would expect much the same, with the likes of Symjym gloating a lot for the next few months before Gus proves what a good coach he is.

The win today has to be a good bet.

Do you bet very often?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really don't get all this Gus hate. He was great for our club, and then he was sacked. I wish him nothing but the best and I'm sure he will do very well.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They're allowed to say ****, ****, ****** and ******* on their board.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I really don't get all this Gus hate. He was great for our club, and then he was sacked. I wish him nothing but the best and I'm sure he will do very well.

Yes he did great things at our club BUT he ****ed up our best chance for PL football, that 2nd leg game was ****ing dire with his shit line up

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Poyet got us our highest finish in 30 years and had us playing some excellent football. I will forever thank him for that.

Everything ended unpleasantly. I want to forget that.

He has a tough ask at Sunderland. I wish him well, but I very much think he is unlikely to pull it off. I wish him well.

He was not wholly responsible for the play off defeat. Anyone who thinks that is a prize idiot.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought Sunderland were bloody unlucky and should have been a couple up before swansea's first goal

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Just seen his interview on MOTD, "not a nice welcome to the Premier League for me"...hits the nail on the head...EGO! Loved him, miss him...don't know what happened to him! Should have stuck here for another season or two, after pimping himself out to every club he's ended up at a shit one, see you in the Championship next season Gus, if you're still at Sunderland then which I doubt....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just seen his interview on MOTD, "not a nice welcome to the Premier League for me"...hits the nail on the head...EGO! Loved him, miss him...don't know what happened to him! Should have stuck here for another season or two, after pimping himself out to every club he's ended up at a shit one, see you in the Championship next season Gus, if you're still at Sunderland then which I doubt....

Erm... He was right. The interviewer asked him how he felt it went and he was honest.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Next game vs Newcastle massive for Gus. Even PDC beat the Magpies, and not so long ago either. Poyet will have an even bigger mountain to climb if he loses. Must-watch TV.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I went to Hereford v Barnet today and there were some Sunderland supporters near me coming back from Swansea on the First Great Western train.

I've never come across such miserable fans with utter depression about the way their club's going. I said that give it time Gus will turn them round and keep them up easily this season. It led to much p*ss taking and I was tempted to bet them a tenner that they'll stay up but I'll never see them again so didn't bother! I can't quite believe how Di Canio destroyed the club in such a short space of time with the stuff I was told that went on. As I left them at Reading, I said have faith and the Gus bus will start to roll.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I went to Hereford v Barnet today and there were some Sunderland supporters near me coming back from Swansea on the First Great Western train.

I've never come across such miserable fans with utter depression about the way their club's going. I said that give it time Gus will turn them round and keep them up easily this season. It led to much p*ss taking and I was tempted to bet them a tenner that they'll stay up but I'll never see them again so didn't bother! I can't quite believe how Di Canio destroyed the club in such a short space of time with the stuff I was told that went on. As I left them at Reading, I said have faith and the Gus bus will start to roll.

Yep, just release the handbrake and it will roll all the way to the bottom of the hill.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yes he did great things at our club BUT he ****ed up our best chance for PL football, that 2nd leg game was ****ing dire with his shit line up

Which even in our lowly football management skills we had discerned before even a ball had been kicked that day. He was a traitor to the club and his only ambition was to elevate Gustavo Poyet. And if I sound bitter it's because here was a guy given the opportunity to manage a great club with a wonderful stadium and support from TB..... and he got greedy and blew it!
I'm sorry for Black Cats they don't deserve another :tosser: but that's what they've got. On the upside I can't help thinking that now he must surely wish he'd kept his egotistic ambition in check, kept his mouth shut and not put himself about like a desperate prostitute. Well done Swansea :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here